NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Anjana's narration :
We had a tasty breakfast and were enthralled by the beautiful lake view and left for our next destination dozuku valley expecting another surprise as told before by Rajesh.
This wonderful valley is covered below with a green carpet of flowers and shielded above by a roof of blue sky. My panoramic view of the valley ended only after spotting Achyuth from all directions. 😘
"Attention guys " screamed Rajesh. Everybody gathered around him anticipating the surprise.
" I take this opportunity to tell you all something. You all know the relation between me and Preethi. With our families accepting our decision to love each other for the rest of our lives in a new avatar called wife and husband, I'm privileged to announce that both of us are getting engaged by the end of this month" said Rajesh plucking a flower and giving it to Preethi. 😻
When did this all happen ? I being Rajesh's cousin doesn't have any idea of when did their parents agree for their marriage ! 😥
Everyone screamed in extreme delightment and congratulated the yet to be couple. I took a 90 degree turn to look at Achyuth and wondered when am I going to get this kind of proposal in my life 😔! Even though I'm staring at him , Achyuth is in his own world. How can I expect him to notice when nature is more alluring and interesting than me.
********
In the night we got into the bus and headed to our next destination Assam. Pk came and sat beside me immediately saying, "Don't you want to sleep with Achyuth ?"
"What the hell did you say ?" I yelled all of a sudden😬. "Sorry ! I.....my tongue slipped. What I mean is don't you want to spend this night journey sitting and sleeping beside Achyuth" said pk. "Will it happen if I want !?" I put forth my point.
"It will. Don't you know how it turned out when my battery is CRITICALLY low !" said pk.
" So in the morning, you didn't give me your phone on purpose ?" I doubted. "Of course yes", smiled pk 😁and continued " who knows what I said by mistake might come true one day !"
" You idiot " I hit on his head. 😣
" I have an idea. I'll put my bag in this seat and as soon as Achyuth enters, this will be the only seat left over and he will be obliged to sit beside you" suggested pk. "Will it work ?" I questioned.
" 100% no doubt,"boasted Pk. He kept the bag and moved to my back seat.
Achyuth came inside the bus and I was praying for pk's plan to work out. He walked past my seat and sat in a seat exact diagonally on the other side. "Oh damn 😫! didn't see when the man sitting over there got down. I'll do something " whispered pk from the back. " He's working on the laptop. Don't disturb him. Just leave it ", I answered him in low tone.
Our journey began at 8 in the evening. From one valley to another, the acute angled bent roads brought dizziness and to keep us entertained they played a movie. In the mid night there was some noise to which I woke up suddenly and then noticed someone sitting in the empty seat beside me.😰 I rubbed my eyes to see that man, who broke in silently. "Anjana, sorry to disturb, I'm Achyuth. Due to some unpredictable event, I had to sit here. Is there a problem ?" asked Achyuth.
Why would I have a problem with this dear ? I would rather be dancing out of joy. 😄" No problem sir. You can sit" I replied him. He opened his laptop to work. " We gave you a lot of burden " I said. " Burden ? Not exactly, but being a team leader I'm answerable to many people" he said and the next moment pushed his head hard on to the head rest of the seat holding his forehead😕. I could sense uneasiness and discomfort in his face and asked ," Are you alright ?"
" It's kind of giddy and nauseating to me. I saw the person sitting next to me puke, to which I'm very sensitive and can throw up easily" answered Achyuth. " I understand, this is a bumpy road. Do you want to sit in my seat ? It's next to window" I advised.
" I mean....yeah, if you're okay with it" replied Achyuth. I haven't seen him being so anxious and nervous therefore I opened the window and exchanged my seat.
" Breathe fresh air it will reduce the sensation " I said and gave him the candies I was carrying. " What are these ?" he asked in suspicion. 😒
" These are peppermint candies. They work really good for nausea, have it " I said. He didn't believe me and faced the window breathing air.
" Are you comfortable now ?" I asked observing him after a couple of minutes. " No nausea, but this headache is killing me " he moaned. 😫
" With your permission, may I give you a suggestion ?"
"What suggestion? " Achyuth voice came in a low tone. "Avoid looking into bright light like laptop and Tv. Fill your lungs completely with air. Massage your wrist for 2-3 minutes. You'll be relieved from motion sickness" I tried my best to help him.
He followed my words. "You are massaging in a wrong way " I interrupted when I saw him doing it improperly.
" How ? show me !" he questioned stretching his forearm towards me.
" Should I demonstrate on you ?" I wanted to confirm whether he is okay with me touching him.
"Hmm....go ahead " he gave permission to touch.What a close encounter! Never thought that someone's illness would become a boon to me. I pulled his hand a little closer and with my thumb I started to massage his wrist in circles. Achyuth closed his eyes and I'm forced not to blink even for a second on looking at him. How can you be so cute Achyuth ? 😍

His hairy cold skin , interlaced with soft collapsing veins and firm tendons, made my heart flutter like never before

His hairy cold skin , interlaced with soft collapsing veins and firm tendons, made my heart flutter like never before. 💃
" How do you feel now ?" I asked him after massaging for a long time when my thumb started to ache.
He didn't respond and was already in deep sleep. 'My hero... Oh oh oh oo...tu mera hero ' I heard the lyrics of the song that was playing on the tv which exactly resonated with my feelings at this moment. I placed his forearm on his thigh and decided to sleep.
How foolish am I to think that I would fall asleep with Achyuth right next to me ? I kept on rolling around aimlessly in that seat and restored to a fetal position facing away from him.
Day 4 : Next morning, I woke up to feel Achyuth's head against my shoulder and his hair thrashing against my neck, sending vibrations down my body. 👼In the next few minutes Achyuth got up putting an end to my ecstatic mood. I pretended to be normal when he looked at me and awkwardness was obvious on both of our faces. We didn't make any eye contact for sometime," how is your headache ?" I broke the silence.
" No headache and thank you for the help you did last night, I had a very good sleep " replied Achyuth with a smile.
"It's ok. " I responded with the same smile. 😀
********
The schedule for the day was to visit Kaziranga national park. One horned rhinoceros, elephants, bears, leopards and birds, we saw all types of animals and the by the end of the day we reached Guwahati and worshipped the Kamakya temple.
Day 5 : Our last destination Sikkim. We started through the Natula pass, which was the most difficult journey till now. Chilling cold and snow filled twisted roads with hairpin bends made many of us dizzy. I looked at Achyuth who was sitting in my back seat just to know if he is experiencing any motion sickness. Glad to see him sleeping and hiding his face under a woolen stole. 😓