DECISION IN DILEMMA

Anjana's narration :

     " Delhi !?" 😮 my granny frowned.
"Yes, I have to work there " I said.
" I'm not very  happy to send you, but.... Rajesh is also staying at Delhi. So there is someone who can take care of you " she said.
I completely forgot about rajesh, my brother in law ( Daddy's elder sisters son ) and my grandmother's big Grandson. I heard from my aunt that he shifted to delhi last year for IAS coaching. I knew him since my childhood but we are not in touch now a days.
       "U dial his number and give me, I'll talk to him right  now, " told  my granny.
         I dialed a number which I took from him long ago. That fellow didnot pick up my call. 😞

In the evening :
                 " I don't have time to convince you people. I must send the acceptance letter tommorow "I told  my mother. My granny was sitting and silently listening to my words.
            The moment my mom heard that I was offered a job with a pay of 40 k at DELHI, i could clearly see the diasppointment and worry in her eyes. She didn't agree to send me !
My  happiness did not even  last for few hours !  😔
      " I can't live in peace after sending you there. Wait for  another job,  where you can work at  some other place. It's ok if you stay at home doing nothing " said my mom.
            I know that im being paid a little but a beggar with a penny in his hand is in a  better situation than a graduate with empty hands ! 👐
       "It's not safe for girls and I won't send you !" my mom said loudly.

"Please Amma, I can't waste my time anymore. I know it's a new city and new environment, I can protect and take care of myself " I pleaded.

       Our argument continued for 2 hrs and both of us are not ready to come to a common conclusion.
        My brother who was sitting beside my grandma said," Ma ! 80% of engineers are roaming with empty hands. Small / big , here / some where else , be glad that sissy got some job. Why don't you send her !?" 👦
           " Exactly my bro ! Please enlighten your mummy " I said impatiently. 😠
      My mom was so disturbed on hearing my words and said " Arun ! You better stay out of this Ok ! Don't you know you have exam tomorrow ? Go and read" 😬
       "And you. What do you mean 'YOUR ' mom ? Am I not your mom ? Am I not concerned about your future and well being ?" shouted my mom looking at me !
          "I didn't mean what I said. It just came out.... " before i could speak she interrupted ,

" Do  you  even know what am I going through each and every day ? I  work dead tired, to support this  family, take care of your dad and make sure no body faces any problem ! And in the end this is what I get to hear...!" She cried out.
         Tears started flowing from my eyes. I didn't know that she would take my words seriously.
         My grandmother stood up went near my mom, " Dhanalakshmi , stop crying I understand your point of view. But we should also consider her carrer and respect her choice " told my granny  clearing my moms tears.
   " Please You don't try to convince me now !" replied my mom.
         " Ma ! I don't want you to suffer like this anymore. I want to share your burden and responsibility. I'm not selfish " I told her and left.
     My granny followed me, she stood before me and asked " Anjana ! Tell me seriously are you  willing to take up this job ? Staying far away from  all of us in a city like Delhi  is not a small thing.  If you are confident enough, I'll convince your mom "
         I tried to portray in front of them that I'm a daring and dashing girl who can manage everything. But if I think once again,  somewhere I'm biased. Not only my mom , but most of the  parents  are scared to send their daughters  to Delhi. Am I putting my safety at risk ? Of course yes !!😨
          " I don't want to loose this opportunity granny " I answered her.
Meanwhile , my dad was in his room ! But he was aware of the ongoing  arguments. I don't want  to tell him and take stress regarding this matter , so remained silent.

Decision time :
             It was Monday and the last day to submit my acceptance letter. I typed the letter and kept it aside, but not sure whether to send it / not.
             In the morning after my granny finished her daily puja I went to her and reminded  ," yesterday u gave me your word, that you will convince mummy "
           "Hmm....ur mom is not ready to listen now. I could have asked Rajesh to talk to her and convince that you are not  alone there ! but that fellow didn't call back. I'll try my level best " she sighed .
      I can't join the job  without, my mom's permission. And my granny is the only hope I have now ! ✊
" All the best granny. U have a long day to go  ! " I winked at her. 😜