BACK TO BEGINNING

Anjana's narration :

I think my life is a perfect example of chain reactions. Every small, and silly thing that happened landed me in a new situation which would lead into many weird and unexpected twists.

4 years ago when I was 21 :

My dad had narrow escape from death, but suffered from traumatic quadriplegia due to which he had to remain in bed for a time which nobody, not even doctors know. Physiotherapy and all other therapies known to cure are done each and every day.
Our financial status started collapsing. Nalini, my father's distant relative had a land which was sold to my grandfather long ago after paying money. But the paper work was not done properly which nobody noticed. When we planned to sell it, she started to rebel and claimed that it's still her land and she didn't sell it to anyone. Inspite of having property we still remained penniless and our land is no more OURS.

We met many government officials, and filed a case. Everyone is aware about the court process in India, you need to wait and wait and wait....for your whole life and never know that you might get a chance or not to hear the final judgement.
My grandfather died long ago and my grandmother lived alone in a village in our ancestral house. After this incident , she came to our rescue and stood by our side. Subbamma, my granny is a stubborn fearless women with loud voice. She fought, tried to convince all those who brought us to this state, everything she did is of no use.
My mother sold her jewellery and started clearing the debts, but couldn't clear half of them. She joined in a part-time job as a tailor. I cut down all my expenses, and wanted to support my family by doing some sort of work. But my mother insisted me and my brother to concentrate on study and not to think of financial matters.

My grandmother also shared our burden by giving her house for rent and started living with us.
Days passed. Now my father could recognize everyone, spoke in a slurred tone but still unable to walk.
I came to the last semester of my engineering. Till now I didn't get any placement. My grades were not that bad to go out with empty hands after finishing the college.
Life became a torturous trap and I can't live in peace neither at home looking at my parents nor at college where I'm incapable of getting any job.