GOOD NEWS EVERYWHERE

Anjana's narration :
The morning opened with my mom's sarcastic call, " Do you remember me me ? Should I introduce myself ?"
I reduced talking to her on phone these days and she won't sit quite when I ignore her. " Maa...I remember you very well. You must understand that I'm busy " I calmed her.
She gave an ultimatum to come home without fail. I also wanted to go home but was equally scared to face my granny and mom's reaction on my new transformation. 😓
**************
"You don't look like my granddaughter. who are you ?" smirked my granny the moment she saw me.😕
"It's just a haircut granny. I'm still the same " I contradicted.
" Did you shape your eyebrows ?" questioned my mom after scanning with her x ray eyes.
" Yeah ! It's the next thing that'll follow after a haircut " I responded with a grin. These ladies were glaring at me as if I was an alien👽. "What's wrong in getting a new look ?" I defended myself. "We didn't say it was wrong or anything. The new look is very new" laughed my granny. 😀
" You are no more a kid. Do whatever you wish madam" sneered my mom.😠 My intuition was not wrong and received the same reaction which I expected from them.
**********
The next day, I was standing outside my house checking out Whatsapp only to look at Achyuth's new dp. 😚
"Anju " called my father who was sitting in the sunlight. I stopped peeping into my phone and went near him. He looked at me saying," Don't listen to your mummy and granny. you look great."
"Thank god ! I can regret a little less now " I said. 😐
"Hmm... As long as you are happy with your choices, nobody would force you to regret. The idea of regret starts when you're not happy and not satisfied. Don't take people's mocking and demeaning comments the reason of regret" advised my dad.
Daddy, you are the only person, who will always find me beautiful, no matter how ugly I look to the world.

" Sare Nanna (ok dad)" I smiled.
"Our Anju is looking happy this time like never before !" exclaimed my dad. 😁I never had a light hearted chatter with my dad like this,since I moved to Delhi. After the accident, he made self-reproach for being the burden to the family. We used to have brief conversations. Today he started interacting like my old dad whom I saw since my childhood.
Did he found out anything regarding me liking someone ? Why did he get this doubt ?
"Really ? Why do you think so ?" I wanted to know his thought.
" Don't know what made you happy, but I only hope the same spark and happiness in your eyes to stay with you forever. I can forget all the pain, when you smile with no tensions " his sentence ended on emotional note😥. "For that to happen promise me to be normal like this without any guilt" I concluded. He ruffled my hair as I sat beside him with no words.😆 Incidentally this reminded me of Achyuth's gesture that day.
*********
Back to Delhi :
"Hey, why did you come back this early ?" said pk who came to my cubicle. "Dude, I just got 4 days as leave. The summer started and it's horrible in my hometown. Delhi is comparatively  cool !" I answered.
" Is it because of Achyuth that Delhi became much cooler ?" smiled pk. 😁
"Pk ! Stop pulling my leg. It's about the summer, not related to Achyuth at all " I moaned.
" Which season are you talking about ? Is there any other season  except for mild summer and hot summer in our region !? We know   it's always hot " said pk.
Then I got a call from Rajesh after a long time.
Delighted to hear that Rajesh got All India 132nd rank in Upsc. 😍Pavan and I jumped out of excitement forgetting that we were in office.
He survived through hell lot of personal problems and now after years of hard work and dedication he got the success he deserved at last.
************
I got to hear the next big news from my manager, that Mrs. Shefali would be resuming her duties from the very next day. What a good news ! for which I have been waiting for so long and can go back to Achyuth's team. 😘
************
The next day, I went early to office than usual to start work with my old team. This was the 2nd time in the history that i came too early to the office. "Look who's here !" said pk walking towards me. "Yeah ! your new and also ex- teammate " I smiled. 😊
" I must tell you that our team leader is very punctual and particular ok " bragged pk. 😜
Later when Achyuth arrived, I decided to meet him, but saw Akriti rushing behind him into his chamber.
I waited for her to leave and doesn't want to talk with Achyuth in her presence. But she didn't come out and I had to step into his chamber. 😔
" Good morning sir !" I wished him. "Good morning mam " even though I was not willing to wish her, I forced myself to say. 😏
" Yeah !" Achyuth looked at me, moving his head away from laptop.
" Sir, today onwards I'm going to join your team. Shefali mam has returned to work " I said. "Ha....got intimation from shivam. Give me a second I'll assign you the work. " said Achyuth.
He kept on scrolling down seriously.
" I don't think there is a need for a new member in this team " commented Akriti.
Should cover this female's face with bedsheet and kick her. Always coming in between me and Achyuth. Is this her room ? Sitting here as if she is the CEO of this company!? Worst female. 😡
What if they have no work, Should I sit jobless ? Should I go back to my old team ?
" All the work has been distributed and it's really difficult to include you in the middle of the project !" said Achyuth.
I was disheartened on hearing his words. Why is this happening to me ?😖 "What should I do sir ?" I asked him innocently.
He didn't speak for few seconds and continued, "for today you join pavan, I'll allot you the specific work from tomorrow"
I took a sigh of relief and came out to start my work. 😰
**************
After a week
Afternoon and after the meal, everybody is hitting the sack and I also entered into a state of drowsiness. 😇
Pk moved curiously beside me and asked ," how did you do that ?"
" What ?" I questioned him to know as to what was 'that thing' which excited him.
" How did you flip it ?" asked pk pointing towards the pen in my hand, which I do causally.
" Don't you know how to spin a pen ?" I was surprised.
" Nope " pk moved his head.
"What have you done in your school and college days without learning this ?" I laughed at him and continued to spin it in front of him.
" Wow ! Teach me akka " he asked.
"It's very easy dude. Follow me ! The pre requisite to get a perfect spin is to have considerably long and also a pen with some weight at one end. Next you hold it in between your index and middle finger near to it's centre of gravity" I was giving instructions.
" Now slowly try to spin it by moving only with  these two fingers. Ok " I proceeded.
Pk followed me carefully but, couldn't do it properly. " Just practice everyday, you'll get it " I cheered him.
The next moment I see his pen flying in air and landing at a distance. Thankfully it didn't hit anyone. 😵
" Wanna, play with my pen ?" we turned our heads to see the man behind this voice. Achyuth stood behind us as bolt in blue.
What else can we do except for apologising.
" Are you in kindergarten or in professional work place ?" he scolded.
" Sir, I kind of dozed off and wanted to activate my hands and mind so..." pk tried to explain. 😳
" Pk sir, you better join as a writer for soap operas. It suits you. Narrating senseless stories for useless acts " fumed Achyuth. 😬
I controlled myself from laughing on Pk's face. 🙊
" You, what about the file I asked you ?" Achyuth posed the next question to me.
" Working on it sir !" I replied.
" How long will it take ? Send it to me Asap !" left Achyuth with a warning.
Pk and I laughed at each other, but didn't stop our craziness as usual.! 😋