MY RULES

Pavan's narration :
It was after 15 days I met anjana at the office. Her dispirited and sad face clearly told that she didn't come out of the sorrow. We went to sit at our regular place in the cafeteria.
What took me to surprise is that she came to give her resignation.After the loss of her grandmother, her parents insisted her to leave Delhi and come back and search for a job somewhere near to them.
"So did you join anywhere ?" I asked. "Through my dad's friend I was referred to a new job in Hyderabad " she replied.
"What about Achyuth ? Did you get any information or call from him?" I enquired.
"What call ? everything failed miserably. Let's not talk about it " she sighed.
"Why ? It's not like that, actually I thought of asking you...." my words were interrupted by her,
" He said NO. It turned out as expected from the beginning. There's nothing to do now" she said.
"The gift was with me. Then how did you propose him ?" I was confused. She told me the whole story which was quiet shocking.
"It's time to leave Delhi and forget everything " she said.
It was clear that my efforts were of no use and now that  present  would incite unnecessary hate in Achyuth. Till now I didn't tell her that I gave the gift to Achyuth.

He is gone and would never come back to India. She is depressed and sad. Why should I tell her about the mistake I did out of overenthusiasm and add more pain to her already existing problems ?!
In order to make her forget the bitter experience and move on , I didn't tell her anything and kept it as a secret.

Achyuth's narration :
My first thought after landing, California - felt pretty much same like the weather in India, but it looked way more awesome, clean and perfect. A member from the consultancy which I took services from came to pick me up and provided the dorm.
It took me 2 days to settle down
and complete the admission procedure. Had to start the student life once again and this time it required a lot of hard work and patience to study for 4 years with no other avocations.
Classes and enrollment to research activities and thesis work one after the other, haven't realised that it became 2 month since I moved to California.
Many immigrants and students from all over the world can be seen here and I made 2 new friends. One from Srilanka and the other from Taiwan. For the upcoming weekend, all the 3 of us planned a trip to take a break and chill out.
We made all the arrangements and I went to my room to pack up things for our journey on the very next day.
I opened the DSLR which my dad gifted me for the first time. It looked amazing and had all the features I wanted.While filling my bag back, I happened to discover a gift in my trolly bag which Pavan gave. I completely forgot about it and opened without delaying it further. For a while I was mixed up, when the wrapped paper around the box had a stick note which read -
" the sender of this gift couldn't give it to you personally , due to unforeseen circumstance. Please accept.             From pk".
Is it from Rajesh ? I took a wild guess.

There was a heart shaped moving liquid timer inside the box. It looked great with the red and pink bubbles moving up and down.

 It looked great with the red and pink bubbles moving up and down