SEARCHING FOR YOU

Achyuth's narration :
"You should have seen his face..." I continued laughing after describing the whole evening at pavan's party.
" How did you land up gifting a champagne to an innocent boy who doesn't drink ?" giggled Rajesh. 😁

" I don't know that, he promised to drink only milk. Or else I would I have gifted him bottle of Amul milk " I laughed. "Stop it Achyuth " chuckled Rajesh.
" Not only that I had hard time controlling my laugh, after knowing that Shruti was the one who sent those messages. Literally bro... she was fuming like a snake." I laughed so hard and my jaw began to ache. 😂
It's been a while since both of us are enjoying like this leaving all worries.
" So why is Mr. Rajesh out of his exam studio ? He must be reading seriously " I smirked.
" Yeah.. because he wants to relax " said Rajesh. "Relaxxxx...." I dragged the word to irritate him.😋
Our conversation was disturbed by his mobile. Rajesh looked at it and said, " Achyuth, it's your mom"
" Oh no " I moaned slowly. I have been avoiding her calls and don't want to talk to her right now. 😖
" please, Tell her that I went out " I pleaded him. He attended the call and talked casually. I felt relieved, till he said, " yes aunty , he is here."
I narrowed my eyes and threw a pillow at him, he responded with a smile and gave me his mobile. 😫
I went to the balcony, spoke for sometime and came back.
"Ready to go for the trip ?" asked Rajesh the next moment he saw me coming inside.
" So you already knew " I raised my eyebrows. " Actually aunty called me yesterday " he replied.
" And you heard all the complaints huh ?" I asked.
"Obviously " he shrugged. I sat beside him placed the mobile in his hands,
" Dude, I planned all the pilgrims and temples in my 50s. How can they expect me to go with them ?"
" Hmm...how can they expect, when you have plans to visit mountains and beaches at this age !" smirked Rajesh.
I stared at him. This fellow, is targeting me ! 😠I grabbed his neck with my arm and pulled him, " Now I understand why did they say ' Har ek friend kamina hota hain ' ( Every Friend is a creep ), inspired from kaminey (creep) people like you " I tightened my grip around his neck and Rajesh gasped trying to get out of my hold. " O teri ( Punjabi- your ****) leave it man " he uttered.
" Oy ! you learnt Punjabi swear words also " I was surprised and released my arm. 😰
" side effects of having a Punjabi girlfriend " he said coughing, and cleared his throat.
" Arey Achyuth...you are the only son and why can't you fulfill your parents small dreams ?" he asked.
"Small ? Problem lies with them not their dreams " I replied.
" Why are they a big problem to you?" he questioned.
" My dad wants to put up the so called, puppet show in front of the world, inspite of knowing that his son was searching for a knife to cut all those strings. He still aims to tie my hands no matter if he had to break other person's strings " I said staring at Rajesh as he knew the reason.
" Don't think avoiding is the solution for things you don't like. The more you run the more they chase you. " said Rajesh.
I sat silently and he continued,
" yesterday during the conversation your mom said that she is worried about you not picking up her calls and was planning to come here."
All my plans to go U.S will be smashed now if my parents come here.
I stretched my hands and closed eyes.
"Listen ! I'm telling this for your own benefit. Why do you behave in such a way which provokes your dad to follow and find out about your Visa interview ?" he asked.
" So you want me to go with them ?" I opened my eyes.
"Yes " he nodded. Rajesh has a point which I can't dismiss. "ok lad " I said.
" Then pack your bags " he smiled.
" you ! Waste fellow did you join hands with my mom ?" I gave a small blow in his tummy. 👊

**********
Anjana's narration :

" How would I do that ?" I said combing my hair.
" If not you, then who invited him ( Achyuth ) " asked Shruti after the unexpected guest came to pavan's party.
" Don't scratch your head. Leave it girl. However the misunderstanding was cleared" I said tying my hair.
" Why are you so happy about it ?" she asked.
" Not exactly happy, but Achyuth sir doesn't deserve that hate. I already told you about how he saved me. Although he is outspoken, he is good at heart " I replied.
" Oh.! Will you ever leave a chance to defend your boss ?" smirked Shruti.
" I'm just telling the fact. So what ?" I said. " Nothing !" smiled shruthi. Even though I stayed calm, her smile was kind of mocking.😏
**********
Work place became hectic and hell.
Assigning work with no limit, and dictating deadlines ! On the other hand jealousy built inside me after seeing my old teammates having fun, playing bingo and p.k making prank videos. 😣
***********
That evening after the office I had no patience left to wait for the elevator and started climbing down the stairs slowly and depressed.
Exactly after a floor, I saw a man standing in the corridor looking into his mobile. He saw me the next moment and , I reacted with a smile.
😟My depression grew more after he ignored me by turning his head back into his phone. I moved down quickly, after noticing the annoying lady (Akriti) beside him.
God knows why this man ignores sometimes, making me look like an idiot smiling at walls.
********
The next day I had to rush in the morning to attend the meeting. I missed the elevator just by a second which was ready to go up.
With no energy left after Skipping the breakfast and running from the metrostation, I had no choice but to wait till the elevator returns.
I turned my head when a familiar voice asked, " Is that a new fashion ?"
Achyuth sir was standing at one arm distance. Is he asking me ? I don't want to receive the same embarrassment like yesterday so, shifted my eyes on the elevator door.
" Kotta fashion a?" ( new fashion ?) I heard him speaking in Telugu and this time, it's only me with whom he was talking.
" Enti sir ? ( What sir ?) I looked at him. He pointed his index finger 👆 down at my off white kurti , which had my black hair clutch fastened to it near the side cut.
In order to save time on searching for clutches, I usually fasten it on my towel or dress and today after taking the headbath I hurried and completely forgot to remove. 😅
It actually looked like an insect hanging on my dress. " No sir. Forgot to take it off " I smiled and quickly removed it.
I laughed at myself , for such silly stupid thing. 😋
*********
Don't know why the next day, unwillingly, I looked everywhere while standing at the elevator. My eyes stopped their motion after Achyuth sir came in to the field. Every time, there's nothing much to talk except for wishing him good morning.
This became my daily routine.
- My eyes would search the whole office , if I missed him to see at elevator or cafeteria. 😶
- The day remains incomplete without wishing him. 👋
- Call it peace, relief , happiness......or some thing else .... all the stress vanishes if I manage to look at him for few seconds 😐
- now his attitude and ignorant looks doesn't bother me.
Realised that my admiration has reached its peak after he didn't turn up for 3 days. In the evening, putting aside all the work, I opened my Whatsapp and looked at his profile picture.
It was captured from a side, while he was staring at a beach bending forward resting his elbows on a metal rod. His hair flying a little from his forehead. It was the first time, I saw him updating his picture and his status read , ' No pain no gain'.
And if that was not enough, I even stalked him on Facebook.
He is not very active on social media and all I could notice is his old pictures posted some years ago. I didn't leave looking at a single picture uploaded in his album, from a teenager to adult.
What caught my attention is his education details.
Graduated from IIT kanpur, and has a masters in management from XLRI and also 2 internships at Adobe and Visa.
His home town is Vijayawada which is in Andhra Pradesh and is 3 hours away from my hometown.
After successfully wasting the whole evening, I still couldn't get him out of my mind.
Do I started to have crush on him ? 😍
Am I diverting out of my path ?
I'm someone who doesn't even match 1/4 th of his qualifications. Am I even permitted to have a crush on him ? 😢
A battle of thoughts made me sleepless, and decided to stop this useless illusion. 😑
I'm just an afterall employee and he is my boss - thats the reality.