BLAME GAME

Anjana's narration :
        After 2 months :
    I was left without a single penny by the end of last month. No payment during the training session and the moment I received my  first salary, I cleared the hostel bills and other debts and had nothing to send  home.
         I realized...what's the point in coming all the way here when I have  to borrow money instead of earning and clearing the already existing debts. I decided to spend money  as wisely as possible. That morning I sat down in front of my computer and was doing the assigned work.
" Madam, all the newly joined members are requested to meet Ms. Akriti urgently who is waiting in 4th floor " one of the office boys told me.
I turned to my right to see the two guys Karan and Gaurav  in my group sitting in the cubicles beside me. I told them the matter and all of us went down to 4th floor to meet Ms. Akriti.
       We entered a room which was filled with few people who are  busy with  their own laptops. A lady with straight long hair, red lipstick thickly lined eyelids, wearing a Blazer and skirt called the 3 of us.
" So you people are going to work on a project and I want all of you to go through it and come up with the security programme for it " she said handing a file to Gaurav.
  " Ok mam " we said.
" First finish the work assigned to you today. Start working on the project from tommorow and by the next week you must make a presentation on your work and we'll decide whether to approve it or not " she said.
   It means our skills will be tested on this small work. But, I have no good relation with these 2 men. They started treating me as  Alien from the time I started being close to Pavan. No other talk except Hi and bye exist between us.
And for this project I have to work together with this 2  monkeys. 🐒
" This is our chance. Let's kill it " I heard Gaurav saying it intensely after we came back to our work.
" Yeah ! Let's divide the work today itself ,so that we can start working on it from tommorow " I told them.
Both of them  nodded and we divided our parts.
In the evening as soon as I reached my room,I opened the laptop and started to read the soft copy of the entire project.
" Hey anjana , shall we go out for shopping ?" asked shruthi.
" When ?" I asked her without lifting my head.
" Now " she replied.
" I can't come. Im busy with work " I told her.
" Work ? Ok then carry on " said shruthi.
After an hour I got a call from my mom. " Anju ! Did you eat ?" asked my mom. " Nope! I'll eat later. I have been assigned a project and  I have a loooooott...   of work to do and submit it within a week. So amma please don't call me 3 times a day like before.
I might not get time to talk with you" I told her.
" Project ! Ok but take care of your health " said my mom.
In the meanwhile my granny took the mobile and said , " anju today is Varalakshmi vratam ( auspicious day to pray for goddess Lakshmi ) take headbath and go to any nearby temple".
" Granny ... pray on my behalf . I can't go out now. Please leave me " I said and ended the call.
I wondered why do I encounter  all sorts  of disturbances whenever I sit down to work on something seriously with full determination. I stopped myself from getting involved in other works and unnecessary talks.
After 5 days I and Karan finished our  piece of work but Gaurav was lagging behind. So it was decided that Karan would prepare and present the PowerPoint and I should help Gaurav and Karan at the same time.
   I didn't mind doing extra work and somehow we managed to finish our work and are ready with our presentation.
    Karan was ready to showcase our work after a week  in front of entire team including Akriti, Nitin sir and 5 other people. He  started presenting  the programme very well initially, but in the middle of the presentation one of them  raised a question on the efficacy of the software used.
He tried to explain but they weren't convinced. One after the other everybody posed questions and he cannot continue further. I tried to answer some of the questions but most of them remained unanswered.
Karan lost his confidence and stood there  without speaking anything.

" This became a big disaster. We are going to be rejected for sure !" Gaurav whispered in my ear. I remained silent and couldn't understand what went wrong.
It ended on a bad note and Akriti said,
" It is pretty obvious that we cannot move  forward with this, so I request our HR Nitin sir to give us 3 more days and I would come up with another alternate programme "
We were crestfallen😩 on hearing that and everybody dispersed to their work later.
" What kind of presentation was that ?why can't you justify and  answer the questions they throw at you ?" I heard Gaurav shouting on Karan after everyone went out.
I and Karan were shocked on hearing what Gaurav said. " What do you mean ?" frowned karan.😕
      " I lost this project because of you" replied Gaurav.
   " How can you say that ? I tried my level best...and what have you done ? Why didn't you come forward to present the programme ? Why did you put  your mouth shut  when they asked questions ? One second....How can i expect a person to  expound the entire  programme when he is  incapable of writing it !" answered Karan furiously.😬
   They started raising their voices all of a sudden and I didn't  know how to end their war of words.
      " Gaurav calm down ! Karan please ! Stop  fighting among yourselves. There's nothing wrong in getting rejected. Let's just accept our fault and we'll perform better next time" I told them.
" Where is the next time ? After this worst presentation  how can  you ever expect that we would be  given another  chance ?" he yelled at me.
            " You are the one who delayed the work and  inspite of that,we helped you finish  your part.. you are the reason for this failure you better  don't blame other's" shouted Karan. 
I was pissed off by this time, but buried my frustration for the reason....I have to face this monkeys for one long year and don't want to get involved in any conflicts.
     " Gaurav it's not a right thing to put the entire blame on us. Both of you rectify the mistakes and please for godsake stop wasting time on such silly arguments " I told and left.
       After working day and night, leaving behind all other things , I failed. 😞What disappointed me most was ,  Gaurav's attitude and making an issue out of a situation, where one could  have  handled it in a matured way.
       I have already been missing home very  badly , and on top of it the failures and  blames made me feel homesick. So i took leave and left for home to get some peace !! 😑