DISCOVERING MY NEW WORLD

Anjana's narration :

Gathering all the strength,
that should last for any length,
retaining the hidden toughness,
to endure any rigid situation,
with hundreds of plans in mind,
and thousands of hopes in heart,
I stepped ahead into an unknown new world........

Call it anxiety, fear, excitement or something else ! I could not sleep for a single minute in the train. This is the first time I'm going alone somewhere out of my state. I'm drowsy but equally alert looking at every angle scanning every inch of anything that came in front of my eyes ! 😵
It took 14 hrs by the Telangana express to bring me to Delhi the next morning. I pulled out all my luggage put under my berth and was about to land in to my new sheher.😃
I took out my mobile and called Rajesh but he didn't pick up the call. I tried calling once again but still he didn't attend.😞
I could feel somekind of uncertainty running inside me. "Act like a master even though you are a servant at new places " I recollected my granny's words. I gained some courage and , stepped out of the train on the platform after struggling with my bags.
It was fully crowded and I sat down on a bench and started calling Rajesh again and again, with no response from him. After waiting for 20mints, I decided to go alone to the hostel which Rajesh took for me.
My phone rang suddenly and it was from rajesh. " Sorry anjana ! I was sleeping all this while. I'm on my way to station. Please try to come out of the station to Ajmer gate, I'll pick you up from there " he said.
" Ok. I'll call you once I come out of the station " I told him and ended the call.
With 3 large bags in my 2 hands, I looked at all corners to find the exit gate. There was nothing mentioning about Ajmer gate on the boards. With lot of efforts and enquiring the vendors and people passing by I finally came out to that Ajmer gate.
The moment i stood out with the bags, " kaha jaana hai ? Aao main drop karunga !" ( Where do you want to go ? Come on I'll drop you ) I heard some creepy taxiwala approaching me. " No" I nodded my head across and walked to a corner to stay away from them.
I received a call from Rajesh and said he was waiting for me. I looked all around but could not find him anywhere. I clearly described the area where I was standing, and after a minute I felt a pat on my shoulder. I almost jumped in fear and realized that it was indeed Rajesh. " Hello Rajesh !" I greeted him.
" Hi anjana. Welcome " he said shaking my hand.
Rajesh changed a lot ! He had a stylish haircut with no beard and moustache had goggles which are folded on his T- shirt collar, wore a black leather jacket paired with torn jeans. Is he the same person I saw 2 years ago ! 😱
" U look different " I told him.
" Yeah ! I'm in Delhi dude, not in grandma's house " he smiled.
Then we headed to hostel in his car. I looked out of the window to visualize the atmosphere of the city.
" How are aunty, uncle , granny ?" asked Rajesh.
" They are fine !" I answered. He noticed me peeping out and said, "We are heading to your hostel in jasola vihar. It is approximately 14kms from Noida , your working place. U can catch a metro and go safely which is 30 mints from your hostel."
" Oh ! Where do you stay Rajesh ?" I asked him.
" I live in greater kailash which is 4kms from your hostel " he replied.
New names, routes, people, new language..... everything appeared new !
I saw many cars and vehicles one running behind the other leaving no empty spot on the road. And traffic signals interrupted very often,which makes you feel like you are traveling only on brakes. "Is this your own car ?" I asked him.
" Of course No ! When did I start earning ? I borrowed it from my friend !" he replied.
After a long journey, we reached my hostel. It was a big 7 storey building and I hadn't witnessed a hostel to be this large in my life. I saw few women in the premises going out and coming in. We went inside and Rajesh talked to the warden and administrative people. They gave a form and I filled it, along with it was a paper mentioning all the rules of the hostel.
I went through each and every point. After an hour a middle- aged women came and gave me the allotment letter. I paid a fee of 10 thousand.
As far as I observed, this hostel is mostly filled with women from North- eastern parts of india. "They give preference to North East people over other areas. So they are in large number. One of my friends named Shruthi stays here. She is at work right now ! u can stay with her in her room." told Rajesh.
" Oh really ! That's cool " I said.
I have been alloted a room in 3rd floor with Rajesh's friend.
"Do you need any money ?" he asked.
" No. I have , I can manage ! Don't worry. " I said. "Fine ! Then let me take a leave now. I have some work " said rajesh.
" Yeah ! You spent a lot of time for me, sorry !" I said.
" Cool ! That's not a problem. When do you start going to your office ?" he asked.
" Day after tomorrow " I answered.
" Call me if you need anything. I'll tell shruthi to help you out. I'll take a leave then " he said and started walking out.
" Rajesh wait !" I called him.
" What ?" he turned back.
I took out a box from my bag and gave it to him, " take it ! My mom made this for you " I said. He opened the box and said , " Sunnundalu ! ( sweet made of black gram ) My favourite !! 😘 Thank you anju. Say special thanks to aunty !" he said with bright smile.
" I should be thankful to you for whatever you have done " I said.
" It's ok dude ! Bye take care !" he said and left.

**** Hi friends ! Hope you liked the chapter. Please do vote, comment and give your feedback. Thank you !**** 👍