THE UNINVITED GUEST

Achyuth's narration :
I'm bored to death 😔
- after finishing the project with no other work
- after watching Rajesh constantly studying together for months.
" Rajesh, Rajesh " I called the bookworm who was sitting in his exam studio ( desk and chair with a lamp and sticknotes all over the walls surrounding him, that is exactly like a photo studio) which is few meters away from the sofa in which I was lying.
Rajesh lifted up his head and peeped through the space above his spectacles without speaking a word.
" Its a big burden to see someone working hard beside a jobless man. Come on let's hangout " I said.
" I can't " sighed Rajesh.
" You won't fail if you waste this one evening " I disparaged him.
Suddenly his phone rang and Rajesh attended it. I heard him saying, " sorry pavan I can't come. Anyways Happy birthday"
Later I came to know that it was pavan's birthday and he invited Rajesh to his party. " How do you know pavan ?" I asked curiously.
" Some bad choices made me meet good people, it's a long story " said Rajesh.
" You started talking like a bureaucrat already " I smiled. 😏
" Are you praising or throwing a satire ?" asked Rajesh.
" I leave it your knowledge. Tell me where is the party ?" I asked.
" How would I know when I'm not going ?" replied Rajesh.
" Ask him now !" I said.
" Why ?" he posed a quick question.
" Because I want to go and wish the Valentine boy " I smiled.
" Why would you go when you're not invited ?" frowned Rajesh.
" It's boring man. I'll surprise them and have some fun " I said flipping out from the sofa.
" have some fun or make fun of them ?" winked Rajesh.😜
I smiled saying, "how would i, when you already insisted. First find out the venue man.....by the way why are you not celebrating Valentine's day with Preethi ?"
"Hmm....we'll celebrate next year" he said yawning and stretching both his arms widely. Stressed out poor guy !!
I quickly put up a T shirt and sneakers. Meanwhile Rajesh found out that it was a dinner party at a restaurant which is 7kms from our flat. " Buy him some gift " told Rajesh.
" Definitely man. Im leaving, don't forget to eat and sleep as well !" I said and left.
**************
After a long ride of 2hrs I reached a restaurant which was a not a big one, but looked descent.
I went inside and searched everywhere to find pavan sitting with his friends, 2 girls and one guy at a corner. I reached their table silently and standing behind pavan I said, "Happy birthday Pavan ji "
Everyone turned their head, and I could read the shock and pavan's eyes popped out of amusement . 😵
Pavan stood up slowly and beside him was Anjana, who looked little less shocked than pavan.
" Tha.., thank you, thank you.... Sir " stammered pavan. " Here's your present valentine baby " I said giving him the gift which I was carrying.🎁 He wore a red shirt , off white pants and was dressed apt like a valentine baby. "Don't you want to invite me for your party ?" I asked pavan who was still standing in shock.
" Yes sir......no I thought of calling you but...."he said. "but why didn't you call ?" I asked.
He smiled, "don't know that you would come to a party of a mere small employee like me."
"Small employee ? I wanted to prove you wrong " I smirked.
I stood there with no invitation to sit and the next moment Anjana responded, " Hello sir. Have a seat " signalling the other guy to move aside.
I sat down and looked at the other guy sitting beside me," Hello boss" I said.
" Hi. I'm balaji" he said shaking his hand and from his words , outlook I suspected him to be a south Indian.
" Tamilian sir " he said. Next I noticed the other girl sitting beside Anjana.
I saw her somewhere, but couldn't recall exactly. From the moment I came, she avoided looking at me.
" Sir, what would you like to have ?" Pavan interrupted my thoughts.
" I'll order, but first you open the gift " I said pointing the present wrapped with a gift paper. He started opening.
Somehow I remembered she was at Rajesh's party.
" Excuse me ! Have we met before ? Are you Rajesh's friend ?" I asked looking at her.
She looked straight into my eyes fiercely, " yeah ! So what ? You remember ?"
The very next moment, she stood up and said, " P.K im leaving." I was astounded after listening her blunt reply. !! 😒
Pavan stopped his work confused and said, " what happened Shruti ? All the food gets wasted. Have the dinner and go " he said innocently.
Wow he said it out ! Seriously. ! 😝
" Shruti, just wait for sometime, we'll go after dinner please" pleaded Anjana holding her hand.
" P.K I have an emergency. So understand " she said.
Is P.K, the other alternative name for pavan ? I wandered.
" I understand why you have an emergency !" smiled Pavan, and continued, " please,I'll be disappointed don't go." They all exchanged wierd smiles. God knows why ?
" Endaru tondare ? ( Any problem ) I can drop you " I heard balaji speaking in some language probably kannada .
" Not a big problem " she said looking at me.
Why is she so disturbed ?
" Please Shruti, just wait for 15 minutes and after that I will come with you no matter what " said Anjana.
When she wants to leave, why are these people begging so much not to go ? She sat down finally and became engaged to her phone.
Pavan opened the gift and his face turned pale after looking at the Champagne bottle.
" What a gift p.k !" laughed balaji.
" Thank you for the gift sir. But I don't drink" sighed Pavan.
" Why ? Why do they call you PK ( durnkyard) when you don't drink ?" I asked.
Everybody laughed expect Shruti.
" Due to the promises I made. You keep it with you sir. I can't take " he said giving me the bottle.
Promises ? Is there anybody who abide by  the promises these days ?  
"I have no interest to carry it back. Pk don't waste it . Why don't you try it once ?" I pulled his leg. 😊
" I can't sir. But we can share. Balaji and Shruti you can have it " said pk.
" Yeah ! You people have" I said looking at the remaining ones. Balaji took the bottle and poured it in the glasses. " Balaji , I don't drink" said Anjana.
" I don't want it either " refused Shruti. " since when did you stop drinking ?" asked anjana.
" I didn't stop. Today I don't wanna drink " she said looking at me.
" Come on have it " I said moving the glass towards her.
" I already said no. It won't change to yes if you ask once again" she answered annoyingly. 😣
I had no idea of why is she being so rude, as if I was her enemy from the past life.
My plan of spending this evening joyfully turned exactly the opposite.
" We know each other already. You have any problem with me ? We can talk about it " I asked to know her intensions.
There was an awkward silence and Shruti kept her mobile aside and said, " acting like a gentleman huh ?"
" What ? I don't understand why are you angry with me ?" I shrugged. 😓
"Sir you forgot to give your order" pavan tried to switch gears.
" Pavan I need to clarify this man " I said and the waiter interrupted with the food. As soon as he left after serving, anjana started, " sir, I hope it's a misunderstanding between you and Shruti which should be sought out...", " Anjana stop it " interrupted Shruti. But pk and anjana managed to narrate the entire story while eating. About the message she sent and the reply I gave, which I hardly remember.
" So you are the one who sent me that message ? " I asked shruti curiously.
She didn't answer but gave a sharp angry look. I started laughing and said, " I'm really sorry. My mistake. I use 2 mobile phones and respond only to the messages that come to iPhone. I should have confirmed it with Rajesh. Sorry "
" Confirm what ?" Asked Shruti.
" You know, I work in a startup and also I'm close to the CEO and the HR , I have this inherent threat from espionage regarding our company matters, which I already came across. For that reason I avoid talking to unknown numbers on the social media. I really don't mean to hurt you" I replied.
She continued to eat without speaking a word.
" Shruti, I even refused to give you my number on the day we met. We can't believe all the people we meet. I'm not saying this to cover up. " I tried my level best to convince her.
" Shruti stop sulking. Now you came to know the reason behind it. Leave this matter " Anjana came in my support.
" Yeah, Shruti. On my birthday, only love no clashes and cold war please" said pk firmly. They tried to persuade her.
I remained silent and had no plan to convince this lady anymore.
"Ok ok ! Mr. Achyuth, apology accepted. Happy ?" said Shruti.
Did she actually said it ? Still I have my doubt. " Accept the drink then" I smirked.
She took the glass and drank. We ate some delicious food. " Our cab is here bye bye" rushed both the girls.
Finally the evening ended on a smooth note even though it started with friction...!