FADING FUTURE

Anjana's narration :

Life becomes tough when you get a Senior who constantly reprimands at whatever you do.
"I don't understand why  people like you take up jobs when you are not capable enough !! HP should have listened to me before bringing worthless candidates. It's better you sit at home rather than roam up and down carrying a laptop which has useless stuff " yelled Mr. Bhatia (my project head) closing my laptop without shutting it down.
Questioning my potential ! His words were personal and I could not take them anymore....
I went to resting room sat at a corner and started to sob.😫
"Sit at home !" if this is what people advise me to do, then I'm a biggest looser in life.😑
I can't figure out why i'm being proved wrong everytime. This job is the only source...feeding the hungry stomaches of my family. I have no other option but to take all this crap.
I cried for sometime and then went back to my cubicle.
"Anjana ! I went through your codes you need to eliminate few commands and simple mistakes otherwise its good " told Mrs. Kavitha Krishna patting on my shoulder. She might have observed my red and slightly wet eyes and figured out that I cried.
" Ok mam thank you " I said with a smile.
While returning from work I was fully engrossed in my own thoughts and forgot to get down at my station and landed up somewhere.
Absent-minded at work and outside.
Somehow I reached hostel.
" Anjana do you have 2000 ? I'll pay you next month " asked shruthi.
"Nope " I replied.
" How much do you have right now ? I need them urgently" she asked.
"500 " I replied.
" Ok then, give it " she asked. I gave away the money and she left the room without talking much. Adding this 500 , I gave 4000 to her till now whenever she asked for money. But she  didn't pay me back.
I was pissed off with her by this time, because I already being a beggar, can't loose money by doing Charity.
Later I got a call from my mom. I tried to be as normal as possible and didn't want to disturb her with my melancholic mood. Can't expect a situation to be this worse, when you have no opportunity to cry your heart out.
I was depressed for a period of time and finally decided to work on my mistakes instead of feeling bad.... With the help of Mrs. Kavitha and also through online guidance I submitted my work and got approved. 👍

In the very next moment I was given other piece of work for which I  got a deadline of 3 days from Mr. Bhatia.

Within 2 days I  managed to complete only 1/2 of the work and it is quite obvious , that even if another anjana also  worked together with me  at  the same pace, it is impossible to finish the remaining work.
I was awake the whole night , but 1/4 th of the work still remained.
I made up my mind to stay strong and not to cry in front of my angry boss , when he screams. 🙍
The next day at office, I entered the Chamber with my incomplete work , but to my surprise my angry boss was not there. Later I came to know that he was not well and took leave. I was relieved on hearing it and luckily I escaped.
I had a guilty pleasure and became that selfish person who started to celebrate on someone's illness. 🙊
I silently went back and did the remaining work. But late in the evening I was asked to go to 4th floor with my laptop.
I went into the chamber and saw few people sitting there ,busy with their work.
I slowly entered and everybody looked at me at a same time. I felt awkward and stood there with downcast eyes. 😞
" Are you Anjana?" I heard someone addressing me among them.
I lifted my head up and saw a man, whom I haven't seen before at my office.
" Yes " I answered 🙋 moving inside the room.
" So where were you all this while ?" he asked me resting his back against the chair.
" I was working on my project upstairs " I replied looking at him.
He wore a neatly tucked cerulean blue coloured shirt, with sleeves folded up to the middle of his forearm. He looked matured and also young at the same time, probably is in his late 20's.
He paused for a brief time and turned his head to see the person sitting right beside him. It was Shyam Gupta one of our team members sitting next to him, followed by kavitha Krishna on the other side.
" Aren't you people working together ?" he asked Shyam.
" Yes sir. She is one of the members of our project " replied Shyam.
" Then why is she working somewhere else ? " he asked firmly.
" I don't know sir " replied Shyam.
He then shifted his eyes on me and asked " why are you not here ?" this time his tone a bit harsh and annoyed made me feel nervous.
" Actually sir....I ...I didn't finish.." I stammered.
" Sir , she recently joined our project and also she is a new comer. I requested Bhatia sir to arrange her cubicle together with all of us , but due to space and some other issues she is still working upstairs " kavitha interrupted and rescued me from the  havoc that started to  build  up against me.
He frowned and looked at her,
" What issues Mrs. Kavitha ? This is absurd. Some of you haven't finished your assigned work. Some of you have no idea of where the other teammates are. ! Some of you have no responsibility of  finding out what's going on in  your own office " he said shifting his eyes towards me. He indirectly criticized me.
" Now, I'm being the in charge of this project, won't entertain any of these things. You have to work as a team and I want all of you to be ready with the presentation tomorrow without fail. Now you can go back and continue your respective works " he said.
Everybody stood up and I was about to leave.
" Hey you ! " I heard someone calling.
I turned back and saw my new project in charge move forward in his chair to rest  his hands on the table.
" I forgot your name " he asked looking at me.
" Anjana sir " I replied.
" I'll make arrangements to shift you here as soon as possible. Ok ! " he said.
" Thank you sir " I answered him with a smile.
He slightly nodded his head looking at me.
I came out and thanked kavitha for helping me. And from her I learned that Mr. Bhatia had suffered from a cardiac arrest last night and might not come to office anytime soon. He was replaced with a new project in charge cum leader whom we met just now !!