ON THE ROAD OF RECOVERY

Anjana's narration:

2 lakh 40 thousand. This is the amount of debt I cleared in
9 months after started earning. But still left with 3 more lakhs. 😥

After 2 days :
" Madam you need to shift to 4th floor from now onwards " I heard from the office boy.
Finally they are sending me to a place where I truly belong to. 😎
Meanwhile I went down and kavitha came to me. We discussed few important files and she enquired me about my part of work.
" Forgot to tell you. We got a deadline from Mr. Achyuth. Our client wants the project to be completed by this weekend " said kavitha. I frowned and curiously asked her 😏
" by the way who is Achyuth ?"
" Our new team leader and in charge " replied kavitha.
"Oh ! I didn't know his name ", I said.
" Really ? " asked kavitha .
"Hmm...we have very less time now " I said and left.

**********
" I don't want to hear any excuses ! We have a deadline and you are not at all serious about it. If this continues you may not see yourself in future projects ! " I heard our new team leader ( Achyuth ) voice coming out from the conference room.
Our meetings and presentation usually don't start on the dot and there is always some delay. With this confidence I came late by 10 minutes , but out of the blue my team leader arrived on time.
"Good morning sir !" I greeted him.
"Oh madam please welcome ! With your permission shall we start the presentation ?" he said sarcastically.
" Sorry sir ! " I said with downcast eyes. 😞
"That's not the answer to my question" he replied.
I remained silent and saw kavitha and Rashmi sitting there looking helpless.
" How long should I wait for each one of you ? Please I want to hear an answer " he said loudly. 😠
I stood silently. I thought him to be cool man but, now not anymore !!

I entered the room quietly and saw only 2 people beside him.
" Where are the remaining ones ? Why are they late ?" he asked .
Am I their personal assistant or what ? being a new member of the project how would I know about the already existing latecomers ?
" Sir , 3 more people are yet to come and they will be here soon " said kavitha.

Meanwhile Shyam and other 2 men came laughing and making fun of each other. They were shocked and dumbstruck after seeing our project head 😵
"Had breakfast ?" asked our new boss
" Yes sir " replied shyam.
" Done with person work ? Or you want me to wait for somemore time ?" questioned our new leader winking his eyebrows
" No sir. We can start the presentation" answered Shyam.
I laughed inside while he mocked them 😁
They all stood in a row like 3 rats caught inside the trap.
"Ok then ! Why don't we start with you first ?" said Achyuth sir with a wild smile.
Shyam made a long face and opened his laptop to start his presentation.
Our boss is not easy to work with, he made us to present starting from the last person who came late ,to the first person who came early, irrespective of the sequence of our presentation.
All of us finished our talk and in the end he started to pose questions to each of us. I failed to answer 2 of them. Other people also didn't answer well. Then he began his roasting session.
Finally we were asked to make changes and we followed.
After working day and night for 3days we submitted our project. Our work didn't go in vain and we succeeded !
A sense of relief , feeling of achievement emerged inside me for the first time even though I was just one of the members of the team.
" Hey Anjana ! Tonight we have a success party at the banquet hall don't miss it " said Rashmi (my teammate ) while I was leaving.
" Oh ! Who all are coming ?" I enquired.
" Every body in our team and few others " replied Rashmi.
" Ok ! I'll see " I told her and left.
For the first time I was called for an office party at night , and I being a single innocent girl was reluctant to attend it all alone. 😋

A week later :
" How are you doing ?" asked Rajesh while we were having egg noodles at a restaurant. Shruti also accompanied us.
"Fine ! Same hostel, Same food , same work but new boss with same old tensions " I answered.
"How about you ?" I enquired Rajesh.
" As you know I cleared prelims and should get ready for the mains now "
replied Rajesh.
"How is Preethi doing ? U should have brought her " I asked with a smile.😁
Rajesh lifted his head in surprise and swallowed the hanging noodle at once.
"Hmm...Yeah ! but she was busy " said Rajesh.
" As far as I know , she is not having any events right now" told shruthi.
" Maybe !" said Rajesh.
" Really ? I thought you were close to her " I started teasing him.
" Of course he is !" told shruthi and I looked at her with bright smile.
" You know more about her than what I know " Rajesh made a face. 😣 looking at Shruti
" Don't hide it. I know that you both are in a relation " I disclosed the fact to him.
Rajesh moved his eyes towards shruthi." Shruthi didn't tell me anything. I discovered it on my own" I laughed.
Rajesh stopped eating and leaned his back against the chair in which he sat.
"What happened ? It's ok. I won't tell it anyone " I comforted him.
Cat is finally out of the bag. He smiled slowly and said , " That's a great discovery"
"Thank you. But you tell me how did you people meet and when did it start? I asked him curiously bending forward from my chair.😃
"That's a big story.I can't tell you now"
said Rajesh.
" If you don't tell me,I'll inform aunty about my discovery" I mocked him.😋
" Yeah ! I know in bits and parts , even I'm excited to know " pleaded shruthi.
" Ok ! Well it's like...." he started narrating their story.
******* They both first met at a party which was organised by a common friend of Rajesh and Preethi. Surprisingly it was a breakup party of Preethi arranged by her friends to make her forget about her ex which Rajesh didn't know.
Preethi who was sitting alone sadly caught Rajesh's attention. He approached and comforted her.
After that they met a couple of times and finally at a late night party when Preethi was fully drunk Rajesh took good care of her and that's when Preethi feel in love with him.😍 Rajesh had already fallen for her when he met her for the first time. And it continued till now.
He was all smiles and blushes when he explained me his story and finally he ended it after dropping both of us at the hostel.
From his conversation I felt that he is genuinely serious about her.
Hope to see them stay in love for a long haul ! 😊