WILL IT WORK

Anjana's narration :
" Ok bro ! Let me know if you want to meet Preethi, we'll send you the location" said pk. Rajesh didn't respond and we stepped out of his flat.
I did my job to convince him, but the result didn't come out as expected. We walked to catch the elevator and leave for the movie. "Pavan, pavan !" we heard someone calling out, which made us turn our backs. Rajesh came running, "Send me the location" he said panting. Pk and I looked at each other and bright smile surfaced on our faces😀 that our efforts didn't go in vain. Pk shared the location and gave directions. " Rajesh, all the best ra" (ra = dude) I said and he rushed out immediately with his hemlet, climbing down the stairs with no patience to wait for the elevator. The next moment Achyuth sir came, " where is Rajesh ? Where did he go ?" he asked anxiously. "Went to meet Preeti " I replied. "Why did you people send him ?" his voice filled with frustration. "Why sir ? What happened ?" asked pk. " Don't you know how badly it ended when Preeti refused to meet him last time ? You instigated him and what if she does the same thing and this fellow becomes impulsive and takes any extreme step ?" yelled Achyuth.
We weren't aware of this fact that Rajesh tried to meet Preethi on the day he was hospitalized. Things would get even worse this time 😖! "We don't know about it. We....will go along with him !" I said.
" You need not go. I'll go with him, for now please stop him at the parking, I'll go lock my room and come " he said.
With no other thoughts, I tried calling Rajesh while climbing down 6 floors but he didn't lift. We reached the main gate and stopped Rajesh who was just about to leave. Meanwhile Achyuth sir came and took the bike to drive by himself.
Pk and I gave up our movie plan and decided to go along with Rajesh to Sonakshi's house ( Preethi's colleague) located in Rohini. I called Shruti and came to know that, Preeti is going to leave within 45 minutes. We had enough time to reach there, but one can't trust the traffic on Saturday. I looked at Rajesh and Achyuth sir waiting by our side at the signal. "Rajesh ! We need to reach there before 9.30 at any cost. Preethi is planning to leave it seems" I informed. Rajesh who is sitting behind on the pillion seat shook Achyuth sir's shoulder violently saying,"Achyuth go fast !" This made him almost fall forward on the handle. Strength lies in his voice, but not in his body I suppose. 😜 "You brat😬 ! How can I go against the red light ?" screamed Achyuth turning his head. "I mean after it flashes green" said Rajesh.
*********
Thankfully we reached Sonakshi's house at 9.15 pm and went to the penthouse. Pk refused, citing that he can't come to strangers house and stayed outside. Even Achyuth sir hesitated in the beginning but finally came.
There was an open terrace with a bunch of girls clicking pictures and boozing , everybody in a carnival atmosphere. Shruthi saw and took us inside the room decorated and written, 'For the bride to be'. Preeti instantly looked at us with obvious confusion and disinterest.😣 She stood up looking at Sonakshi who was sitting beside her, " I'm leaving"
" Congratulations Preeti. Would have been more happy if you had revealed it to me " said Rajesh. Preeti didn't speak but instead searched for her bag. "I can drop you Preeti. Can I get to talk with you for 10 minutes ?" requested Rajesh. "I don't want to talk with anyone " said answered."Please Preethi ! Give him few minutes " I pleaded.
She sulked and kept on searching her handbag ignoring.
Shruti intervened, " preeti, Can't you spare a moment for Rajesh ? Did he misbehave with you ? Did he harass you ? Tere liye marr rahe hai ( He was almost dying for you ) There's no need to over react ! The keys which you have been searching for .....you won't find them! "
" Shruthi, stop blackmailing give my keys back " shouted Preeti. Looks like things are getting complicated. Rajesh walked near preeti saying, " I didn't come here to make a scene. I wanted you to listen to me one last time, before you become someone else's wife and before I become your fleeting cloud " melancholy emanated from Rajesh's words 😢but Preeti still in her belligerent attitude couldn't empathize with Rajesh.
Sonakshi, the host also convinced, and finally Preethi calmed down. We left the room to give them privacy.
********
" Party katam hua girls ( girls , party is over ) " announced shruti addressing them to leave polietely, who started gossiping. I was amused by the grit Shruti had to criticize and persuade preeti. " Dude ! How did you manage to take her keys ?" I asked
" Had an intuition that Preeti would act this way. I had my own plans. Your sir also came by the way " said Shruti addressing Achyuth sir.
" Yeah ! How can I miss when you made lot of plans "came Achyuth's words from behind. 😌
The girls dispersed and pk came up.
Meanwhile outside on the terrace :
All 4 of us sat on chairs and waited outside. Achyuth sir looked at me " so you arranged a spinster party and planned to end it like this ?"
" Actually Preeti's colleagues arranged the party, we added our plan to it " I responded.
" So what if Rajesh had refused to come ?" he asked.
" We would have gone to movie and those girls might have partied a little longer " answered pk.
" Great planning" he smirked and continued,"what made you think that they'll get back together ?" 😏
"Why do you think that they won't ?" I asked another question in return.
He leaned back on his chair saying, " today after witnessing Preeti, anybody could tell that it is impossible for them to patch up.You all are just wasting time on this recipe of disaster and I had to follow you blindly without changing my shorts."
I lost my calm and became infuriated by his way of mocking 😑, " it's not a big loss if we waste a Saturday night. Don't get pre occupied by your perception. Who knows ? may be the disaster can turn out into a blessing !" I debated.
Achyuth sir grimaced raising his eyebrows 😇" well, even I hope for the good, but wanted to make you aware of the end result "
" It's not yet over. please don't send negative vibes sir, I request " said pk in my defense.
"Pk,I need not give negative vibes , there's already negativity between them. I could only sense a heated discussion happening over there " discouraged Achyuth sir.
" Let them discuss and sort out then" I said. "There's no sorting out dear ! All that happens is men go down to beg and you females throw that all tantrums and rants" he said looking at me.😈 So demeaning ! This man, once again started acting like the old arrogant and narcissist Achyuth !
" I don't think so " I said a little louder. "Sonakshi is there inside with them. She is married and can handle this very well " boasted Shruti.
" Wow ! You all ganged up against me " grinned Achyuth. ☺
" It's not ganging up. We disagree with you " spoke pk.
" I'd bet you people, this is going to be a big flopshow" said Achyuth firmly. 🙅
We all looked at him in exasperation, " I bet that no disaster or flopshow would happen and they'll re unite !" I said.
" I'm on your side akka" supported pk.
" This is intriguing now. Why don't we bet ? You people must do whatever I ask you to do, if you loose. Agree ? " he asked. Pk and I looked at each other before nodding our heads. "Bring it on sir ! We want a nice biryani feast for 4 Sundays if we win" said pk and I agreed.
Achyuth laughed out immediately, closing his eyes😁. Did it sound so silly ?
" Ok ! Now Anjana madam and Pavan sir should drink a bottle of vodka if they loose " said Achyuth with a malicious joy. 😉
Pk and I stared at each other once again wide eyed, on how did we fell into this trap !? 😥
" Why so silent ? Where is your confidence pk ? Scared of loosing ?" mocked Achyuth.
" Scared ? No way. We'll win and I accept your challenge" said pk with uncertainty and fake confidence just to escape the humiliation. 😔
The door opened and Preeti walked out immediately and shruti went near her.
Rajesh came out. " How did she respond ?" I asked. " She heard all my confessions, and finally said that she can't go against her father " said Rajesh hiding his rejection.
My heart sank down😧. "We'll leave then " Achyuth pulled Rajesh's arm.
We all went down and before driving back, Achyuth said, " you people be ready for the challenge, I'll send you the venue " with a wild smile. My blood boiled in rage!😠 Ruthless Achyuth ! how dare he bring up about the bet at this time when we are in depression and midst of bleak !!

****** My sincere apologies for the late update. Hope you'll understand. And friends don't forget to vote and give your feedback*******