STORM IN OUR LIVES

My mom went inside the kitchen and brought a charger light along with some Pakodis (snack)  for us to eat. The rain started to subside, then we heard my mom's mobile ringing. She attended the call and after sometime me and my brother were shocked to  see that she was crying and kneeled down with the mobile still in her hand. We  went to her and came to know that my dad had met with an accident and was admitted in ICU. I could not feel the ground under my feet, after hearing this. We rushed to the hospital and I asked the receptionist in a shivering tone " Can I know where is  Srinivas reddy  admitted ?" She looked on her right and called a person.

A middle aged man came to us , he told that he was standing next to my dad and described  the whole accident. Due to heavy rain my father stopped at nearby bustop which had a large holding  kept for advertisements few meters away. Due to thunderstorm and strong wind the holding already in bad condition, suddenly fell down on people standing near to it. One person died on the spot and my father was the one among the three who were injured.

It hit so  strongly on my dad's spinal cord that doctors were not sure whether he will survive or succumb. We went to ICU and witnessed my dad lying helplessly on bed surrounded by many machines completely unaware of this world. I couldn't control the tears flowing from my eyes. One of the senior doctor came to us and told that it's better to take him to higher centres for advanced treatment.

We experienced the worst  nightmare of our lives. My mother quickly called my uncle and he was kind enough and made  all arrangements to send to the best hospital in Hyderabad.

For the first time after 3 days I  saw my dad open his eyes and move his limbs but still he  didn't recognize that he had a family  which is drowned in the lake of grief and agony. But this small gesture raised  hope in our heart that he will become normal. We were  informed that he requires a spinal cord surgery which would cost around 10 lakhs. Already the bill by the end of 3 days in a super-specility hospital swiped away all our savings in made in last 3 years.

Finally we decided to sell our ancestral land to get the money. But  destiny didn't stop teasing us even now. Why on earth people who work sincerely can't get what they deserve ? Why is our land not on our family name in papers ? Why is that lady not willing to sign, who has no right on our land but still the legal heir of it ? All our questions had no answers.... Our grandfather, who is no more alive has been deceived  while diving the ancestral property, and nobody was aware of it till now.

We searched in all possible ways to get money , borrowed  from everywhere available and managed to pay for the surgery. The Surgery was done and we were expecting our dad to become normal within  next few weeks .

*** Hi friends . Please vote , comment and share your opinion in the comments****