READY TO GO

Anjana's narration :
Me and my granny are ready to begin the task ! Then i saw my mobile ringing, which is from an unknown number. Somehow with hesitation I picked up the call and discovered that it was from Rajesh !😘 I talked to him long time ago and we are not in touch now a days. He told  that he was busy with his work so  didn't attend my call. I told him the whole matter...that I got a job, and how much my mom was worried to send me. He already knew that my dad was in poor health. In the meanwhile my granny took the mobile and enquired his experience and views about working in Delhi. My mom was busy working in kitchen and did not notice that we were on a call.
I waited for their conversation to end and my granny came to me and said , " we'll make Rajesh talk to your mother. Let's see how this works !"

Both of us me  and  my granny peeped into the kitchen. My mom was chopping  vegetables. I went to her took the knife and started helping. She frowned and I can sense that she's still angry. " Why did you come here ?" she asked.
" What am I supposed to do ? Let me learn cooking, cleaning, and sitting IDEALLY at home!" I replied. Mom looked at me but remained silent.
" Ladies finger cook well if you cut them small. Try chopping it smaller !" my granny told looking at me.
" Ok " I replied.
After that my mom went outside the house to bring the dried clothes. We followed her and I started pulling the clothes hanged on the rope.
" Check whether all clothes are  dried properly or not ! Separate the wet ones and dry them otherwise all other clothes stink badly " told my granny from behind.
My mom looked at my grandma. "However she is jobless now ! I'm making her learn all the household work ", replied my granny with a smile.
My mom went silently into the house again and started cooking. As usual we followed her. 😋
Both of us stood near the door and my granny told , " See cleaning the house is must everyday. So today you wash the bathrooms and tomorrow all the rooms ".
"WHAT granny !? Are you really going to make me wash bathrooms ?" 😭 I whispered in wittering look.
"Anyway your mom doesn't allow you to do that " she whispered.
" Girl ! What are you going to do now. Don't be ashamed to clean your own house " she said loud enough to reach my mom.
By this time my mom came to know that we were mocking her indirectly.
She stopped her work looked at us and asked , " what do you people want ?"
" Am I granted to get what I want ?" I smirked.
" Why are you people acting strangely?" she asked.
" Why do you ask us when you yourself is acting strangely these days !" my granny replied.
" I know your intension ! I wanted to avoid the disturbing situations rather than living in panic and distress anticipating them " she said.
" What disturbing situations are you expecting ? Can you assure me , that I would be safe and secure if i was left alone at 10 pm at the end of our street, in our own city ? Are you confidant that every girl who is living in Delhi is facing sexual assault and certainly not safe ?" i argued.
" U people only think of job and career, As a mother I think of other things as well " she replied.
" Ok then, let everyone sit at home, so that we can avoid assaults, accidents and thefts ! Very great idea " my granny said sarcastically.
There was a brief silence. I almost lost hope at this stage.
" Dhanalakshmi ! sitting at home is not the solution to it. Why do you think and worry unnecessarily ? We have Rajesh there in Delhi. I already talked to him and said he'll take care of anju and asked us not to worry about her safety.... " my granny's conversation was suddenly interrupted by a call to my moms mobile.
" Hello......oh Rajesh "said my mom. It was Rajesh's call and I gave him  my mom's number  so that he could convince her. My granny and I looked at each other with a silent smile.😊
" How are you ?" asked my mom.
I rushed to my mom,  took the mobile from her  and put the loudspeaker on, "u can ask him all your doubts now, and  listen  what he says" I told her.
She was shocked and also angry at same time !
" I'm fine Rajesh! How are your Mummy  and daddy ? How was your caoching ?" asked my mom.
"Fine aunty ! So when are you sending anjana to Delhi ?" he asked.
" Where ? Delhi ? I don't think so " replied my mom.
" Why aunty ? It's a good job and she is happy with it  " asked Rajesh.
" She is happy but I'm worried ! How can I send her to a city knowing that it  is not safe for girls !" she asked.
Rajesh smiled and said, " Let me tell you one a simple thing....there is no place labelled as safe and unsafe. It's  just that we are looking at only one side of a coin. Be it Delhi, Hyderabad, your house or anywhere else..... Everyone is responsible for their own safety and others cannot do much  about it.... Delhi is not very bad as you imagine. I know many  girls who are my friends, came from South and  are living happily here.
And moreover, as you know there are merely thousands of jobs available for the  existing lakhs of graduates coming out every year. In this marathon  we never knew  she might get another chance or not, so why miss this opportunity ?" questioned Rajesh.
" You tried your best to convince me. But still I'm not ready to send her " replied my mom.
" I can understand the problems you are facing right now. In this scenario do you think, she'll sit at home and watch you people struggle and suffer?
She told me very confidently that she can manage things and ride them out !" he said.
" I know she is acting  stubborn . Fate is playing is with us. I don't want any misfortunes to find their way in her life " said my mom looking at me.
" It's all up to you aunty ! All I can say is she is NOT ALONE....I can make her stay at my friend's hostel for women which is safe and secure. I will be available whenever she needs me. You  can count on me ! At last , it's not like she is going to stay here in Delhi for forever. After 1yr of her bond, she can leave or shift to another job somewhere else," said Rajesh.
There was a brief silence and my mother continued, " Ok Rajesh ! We'll think about it " said my mom and ended the conversation!
         With few hours left to mail my letter, I'm not sure Rajesh's words will show any  affect my mom or not.
" Look Rajesh told you clearly that he would arrange everything for her and we need not worry. Moreover our girl doesn't know roaming, and partying outside !" said my granny looking at me, hinting that i should speak out !
" Yes mummy! Office and hostel these are the only 2 places I'll see in my entire day. I won't go anywhere " I pleaded her.
          **** After many efforts made by many people  round the clock , finally we could make my mom say " Ok ! Join in your job , but make sure that you don't  bring me any new tensions"
             My granny and I looked at each other  relieved , and I sent my acceptance letter.
*** Hi friends !  Please read, vote , and give your feedback. Bye ***