I AM HERE ONLY FOR A REASON !

Achyuth's narration :

" Achyuth " I heard someone calling me from behind. It was HP ( hariprasad ). He came up to me with 2 cups in his hand.
" Good morning sir !" I greeted him.
"Very good morning. How many times did I tell you not a call me SIR?" said HP.
" I'm your friend, brother and partner in crime etc....once we step out of the office building. But for now I'll call you sir " I answered him.
" I don't mind all these formalities. Come have it " said HP offering me a paper cup.
" But I do mind them " I said holding the cup.
"what is it ? It doesn't look like a coffee !?" I was shocked after peeping into the cup.😵
" Stop craving for coffee all the time. It's lemon tea. Try few healthy drinks like this also" HP started pulling my leg.
" Healthy ? I don't wanna live long" I smiled giving back the cup to him.
" As expected ! Why don't you obey your senior at office ?" asked HP sarcastically.
I can't imagine any other thing expect coffee, which I drink exactly at the same time every day. I stared at HP in silence. 😾
"Don't kill me with those looks. Atleast have a sip, if you can't drink it completely " he said.
I was obliged to drink it at any cost and with lot of hesitation I tasted few drops of lemon tea. Meanwhile HP got a call and he left waving at me.
I felt relieved and immediately started to search for dustbin.
" What are you looking for ?" I heard a voice from behind. I turned to notice a girl sorry women dressed up in suit and skirt, fair is a small word to describe her,....whitewash👻 complexion with shinning bright red lipstick. She was none other than Akriti.
"Uh....don't bother much " I replied her.
" Is it the lemon tea that's bothering you ? have this coffee " she said lending me a coffee cup with a smile.
" Drink it I won't bother you now" she added.
I wandered how this lady came to know that HP brought lemon tea for me?! Without wasting much time I took the cup from her and asked,
"how do you know by the way ?"
" Technically I might be inferior to you but much superior and experienced in this office " she said.
" Great ! " I smirked.
" Tell me ! Why didn't you attend the party day before yesterday ?" she asked. I remained silent and started walking towards my cabin.
" Hey wait ! I was expecting you " she came walking quickly behind me.
" Sorry to disappoint you " I said.
" Then come with me for party tonight if you are really sorry !" she said winking her eyebrows.
" You'll be diasppointed once again !" I said without looking at her.
This women is something ! She is following me everywhere like a fly and despite good looks, she is trying to be over smart.
I finished the coffee and threw the cups in a trash can which came on my way.
" You neither come for office parties nor party with friends. So great team leader where do you hangouttt...?" she said dragging the word.
I was irritated by this time and said "don't call me great " 😠
"Come one ! Everybody knew that , the project came out well before the deadline, only because of you and there's nothing wrong in addressing you great " she said.
"Look ! It's because of everybody in the team. Why not give the credit of success to others, the same way we give them the credit of failure ?" I paused for a second and said, "now I think it's time to go back to our respective work !" I left her and went back to my cabin.
I know that I'm not here to party in the name of projects, promotions, events, etc..... I wanted to hibernate for an year make my dad believe that I'm not going abroad. 😳
**********
" Sir , your driver brought lunch for you " I heard the security guard with a smile. I saw a lunch box in his hand. " Ok ! Put it here " I said.
Why mom ! Why this embarrassment am I a kindergarten kid? I thought 😌 It's been a week my mom came to Delhi after knowing that I suffered from flu last week. And today she sent food directly to office.
I heard my phone ringing, " Ha maa...why this lunch box ? I'll eat at restaurant here " I told her on the phone. "
" kanna ! U have been eating outside since 9months. I'm here now and won't let that happen. I cooked your favourite ladies finger don't waste home food. It's already 2pm go and eat " she said.
I went to restroom with my box and saw 3-4 people having lunch. It's the first time I ever brought a lunch box and although there were only few people, I was hesitant to eat with them.
"Good afternoon sir !" they all wished as soon as I entered.
" Good afternoon ! have your lunch " I said and took a chair to sit.
By the time I started eating, everyone left. Suddenly a girl hurried inside the room and sat on a chair little away from me.
I was not so curious and was eating my own food. I could sense that, she was late and was making noise, while opening her box.
Somehow instantly without my knowledge, I turned to look at her.😏 She was my teammate Anjana.
The very next second, she also turned her head and looked at me.😒
I could read the surprise and alertness in her face as she didn't notice me earlier. "Good morning sir.... sorry good afternoon sir !" she said swallowing her food at once.
" Are you always late ?" I asked her.
" Actually...! I had some personal work so..." she said in a low tone.
I finished my lunch and packed all my boxes and was about to leave.
I saw her gulping all the food and chewing briskly.
" Eat slowly. You'll choke " I told her and left.
After the project, we all are relaxed not having much work.
My mom, who just came because of my ill health decided to stay with me for 2 months. Howmuch ever I try to stay alone and independent, my parents always revolve around me like a satellite. 🌀
It's not like I don't want to stay with her, but it's difficult and tiresome as a fully grown up to stay with parents all the time. Don't you feel the same way !? 😛