WANNA GO BACK

Anjana's narration :

**** A few days later *****
"Anju baby, when are you coming home ?" my mother asked me on phone.
"Do you think Delhi is just beside your street ? Now I'm working under new team and can't ask them for a leave straight away after entering. It carries a bad impression and the one year bond is finished,now each and every act counts" I replied.
"Take care anju. Call me tomorrow" she said.
" I'll look after my self. First you go along with Arun, drop him in Hyderabad and come back" I ended the conversation.
Days passed and i didn't receive any reply from Achyuth sir. I concentrated on my gate coaching.
In the break of some random day
I went to have my food in the afternoon. I haven't seen P.K for a while and when passing through his cubicle, I spotting him lying on his desk. "P.K " I called him. He didn't respond and was snoring. How could someone snore at office without any fear I wandered. 😦
" P.k , P.k chu, P.k chu, Pikachu " I tried to wake him up with all wierd noises.😜 He moved but didn't get up. " Pavan kumar pidakala" I patted on his shoulder. He woke up suddenly,and was startled after I called out his surname.
We went to have lunch.
"So Achyuth sir gave leave and you went to your hometown. Lucky boy! " I said after knowing the reason for his absence. ( Why am I stuck-up in this new team with no preveilage to take leaves 😢 I thought inside)
" Yes. He is in good mood actually. Forgot to tell you. I bought a new bike" he said.
" Nice buddy ! Which one ?" I asked
" Royal Enfield" winked p.k
" Really !? I'll cost more than a lakh I suppose, my brother told me once. Where did you get the money from?" I asked him.
"Why not buy when you get it for 80k bucks on OLX " he smiled.
" 2nd hand ?" I asked. He nodded and told that he spent all his new year bonus and took some loan. Next he asked about my bonus.
" You know that my brother is going to give his IIT exam this year. And you also knew how serious he is about his studies." I said. I saw him giggling. " So... I sent him to Hyderabad to attend a short term coaching for 3 months. However we don't have the best faculty in our city.
All the 40k went there " I replied.
" Oh nice ! You haven't bought anything for yourself ?" he asked.
I nodded horizontally and continued, " I don't need anything. Everybody would gift something or the other like a watch, shoes, mobiles......to their siblings. But I didn't buy even a single shirt for my brother till now . I always scream, and force him to study against his will. Am I a selfish sister ?" a small tear moved to the edge of my eye.
Pk noticed and put his hand on my shoulder and said, " you are a great sister. You choose to give good education rather than comforts, which is the best gift that would eventually fetch him anything he want."
We finished our lunch and came out of the rest room. There stood Achyuth sir in our way. Miss akriti was standing beside him and both of them looking down at the central open part of the building. They didn't notice me and pk. I heard Akriti laughing loudly. Had no idea how this man managed to make her laugh. ! 😱
****** After few days *****
"I want you to finish it by this weekend " said my team leader giving me a file.
"Sir I'm already in the middle of the product design, and I'm not sure if I could finish it or not !" I said.
" I need this urgently. I don't want to hear any excuses !" he said increasing his tone. I didn't argue with him , reason being - I would be kicked out of the office at anytime according to their terms and conditions.
Achyuth sir, is strict in his own way, but at least gives a listening ear and doesn't act senseless.
It's been a month since I came to this so called new team and already started hating them. Don't know when this Shefali comes back ! I'm desperately waiting for her to come, so that I can go back to my old team.
****************
A routine day, with a routine metro and waiting at the elevator.
A Pleasant fragrance diffused in the air, which made to turn my head without my knowledge. I see Achyuth sir, shaved clean and dressed well standing beside me. Within few seconds, his eyes noticed me. I didn't know what to do.
Will he ignore me like before ?
Should I speak or not ?
"Good morning sir " I greeted with hesitation. He didn't respond immediately.
" ..Morning" he said after a pause and continued "Looks like you are on time today "
I looked at my watch to notice that it was 9.00 am sorry 9.02 am.
" Yes sir " I said and a spontaneous smile appeared on my face 😊after realizing that I actually came early, (because I usually don't meet people like Achyuth sir at the entrance)
Suddenly the elevator opened and everybody rushed inside it, ready to embrace our laptops for the whole day.
*****In the break*****
I was surprised to see kriti and pk come to my cubicle. Their project was done and now they have a lot of free time till they get their new assignment.
" Kriti, you owe us a party for going on site " I said.
" Party ? Kis khushi mein ?( What's the reason to celebrate ?)
First of all it's not like the usual onsite where you go abroad, you stay at your office. Second, you just exist there to witness the ongoing talks of the team leader and uski Chamchi ( his sycophant ) " sighed kriti.
" Who is that sycophant ?" I asked.
Both of them laughed at once and said, that everybody in the office knew about that person.
" Akriti ?" I frowned.
"Thank God . You discovered finally " said pk
We went to cafeteria and I ordered a chocolate cake. Pk and kriti took a burger each. There we witnessed laughter from a table which is surrounded by none other than Achyuth and his Chamchi Akriti.
" Is there something going on between them ?" I asked.
" Kind of. But Achyuth sir is not that easy to persuade " said kriti.
The line separating two colleagues or friends has almost vanished between them and there's much more beyond.
But if I look keenly, Achyuth sir remained normal, even though that lady is laughing loudly.
" Akriti madam is trying very hard " smiled pk as if he read my thoughts. !
*************
Once again, on some random day, I unexpectedly ran into Achyuth sir near the elevator ( effects of going early to office )😁
He looked at me, winking his eyebrows 😉 as if what's up or what's going on ?
I was dumbstruck and widened my eyes after his unexpected gesture.
"Hello sir ! Rajesh Ela Unnadu ? ( How is Rajesh ?) I said in Telugu which surprised him, as he wasn't expecting this from me.
"Ha fine..chaduvutunadu serious ga" ( preparing seriously for his exam) he responded.
Today he looked a bit untidy, with a messy hair, shirt hanging with no tuck, but looked pretty sorry handsome with a stubble beard.
" Hey Achu! You told earlier that you'll be on leave today !" Akriti rushed in to the space between us breaking our conversation.
" I cancelled my leave " said Achyuth.
" Good morning mam " I wished her, as usual she ignored me.
The elevator opened and I quickly moved into it to avoid this annoying lady, who started calling Achyuth, "Achu"....which made me cringe the most.