LAME EXCUSE

Anjana's narration :
" Anjana continue to work in place of shefali till she comes, we are short of man power " I heard from my new project manager. He was pretty much impressed by my work and I'm all over moon after he included  me in  the next  project. "Ok sir " I said with a bright smile.
Wait ! It's not my greatness, of course Achyuth sir is the reason behind it.
I came back to my cubicle dozed off , deprived of sleep and energy due to continuous work.
I wandered, even though I knew this fact, but still I jump to judge a book by its cover and start putting people under wrong label. Now I believe what Rajesh told about Achyuth was right. Didn't expect that someone like him would lift up a merely collapsing person like me !
I decided to meet and tell him about the matter and once again Thank him. But later came him to know that he was on leave 😞

******** NEXT DAY *****
" I want party for this " screamed pavan after I told him that I was shifted to new team and given a new project. We were sitting at the cafeteria during the break after a long time.
" Ok. I'll grant your wish. But tell me where is Achyuth sir ? For how long did he take leave ?" I asked him.
" Am I his boss ? Or is he my boss ? how would I know ?" replied Pavan.
Suddenly my phone rang,
" Madam, may I know your problem regarding the online material ?" I heard from the other end. My online classes were locked and not getting opened and for that reason I complained. She gave me instructions to fix and I tried using my mobile phone but nothing worked. I asked pk to lend his phone.
" Why ?" he interrogated.
" My network is slow an the browser is still loading. I'll just login and see whether they are unlocked or not. I already paid rs. 2500 for this " I replied.
" Look I have a cheap Android phone. It may not work" he resisted.
"I have the cheap of the cheapest phone Okay. Please p.k I'll give it in 10 minutes" I pleaded.
"Only 10 minutes " he finally gave permission.
The whole time p.k kept both his eyes fixed on my hand and his phone.
" I think 10 minutes are over" he said.
" wait for 2 more minutes  " I said narrowing my eyes, " however I won't keep your phone by myself dude. Why are you bothered?" I questioned.
" Akka (elder sister) it's very difficult to stay without my phone " he answered. " What a lame excuse! By any chance are you scared of me checking out your hidden history ?" I smirked. " There's.....nothing like" he stammered blinking his eyes at a stretch of 5 seconds.
" Let's check your history then " I gave a wild smile. "Give my mobile back. Your time is up " he said stretching out his hand. This fellow is so bad at covering up that anyone would catch him easily. I teased him by moving the phone up and down in all directions before placing it in his hands.
"So you also watch nonsense " I smiled. "What does that mean?" he asked innocently.
"It's clear. Don't hide " I smirked.
Pk leaned back on his chair with wry face, " how do you know ? You also watch ?"
" Eww ! No ! It's my bad luck that circumstances made me discover the ugly side of internet " I sighed.
" How ? You saw ?" Pk widened his eyes. " Worst fellow I didn't see the entire thing ok ! " I shouted and explained how I found out that my brother was involved in such shameful activities.
" Behen ji ( elder sister ) All men, irrespective of good or ill mannered, studs or fools etc.... everybody does that. I would have been really surprised if your brother haven't started watching porn. How can you scold a poor guy who is already exhausted with his studies and he might have tried some refreshment out of stressful life" said pk.
" Refreshment my foot " I shouted only to realise that I got awkward attention from people around us.
" Chill akka. Everybody does that. You get to hear all lame excuses when they don't wanna admit it " laughed pk. I rested my case without further discussion because these masculine minds won't accept it as wrong and we left for our work.

After 2 days
New project was not that great as expected and the new people, their new ways didn't suit me. My old team was the best with whom I worked for the past 8months.
During the break, I went to pk and we had a brief chit chat.
"Did Achyuth sir come today ?" I asked him. "No! Why do you keep on asking about him ?" he questioned winking his eyebrows.
" To inform that I was shifted to another team, what else ?" I replied.
" Why can't you say that on phone ?" he advised.
" Thank you so much for your advise. Keep it with you " I said
" Why are you not going back to your cubicle ?" he smirked.
"Hmm....I didn't like my new team. I'm missing you people !" I sighed. He stared at me without any emotion.
" Believe me " I requested him.
After 2 more days
Its difficult to get away with my laziness on Monday mornings and my mind is still resting even after starting the work for the new week.

I went to cafeteria in the break and my resting mind became activated suddenly by the glance of Achyuth sir, sitting at a distance talking with others. I moved towards his table and when I was about to approach, he stood up putting the coffee mug aside.
I quickly walked and paused after Miss Akriti stood up in front of him. They were laughing and didn't notice me. I sensed a discomfort and hesitated to talk with him in front of all the big names surrounding him.
I stared at him when he was about to leave and instantly he looked at me, I smiled in reflex expecting the same from him. But my expectations turned into disappointment when he stared at me and left without any expressions. Next moment Akriti looked at me drawing  her thick black eyebrows together, after noticing that Achyuth was looking at me.
I once again smiled at her partly with embarrassment and this lady also left without responding.

******* That night ******
After coming back from work I was immersed in my thoughts about what has happened at the cafeteria.

- did he actually notice me ?
I was pretty close to his table and how can he not see me ?

- Is he in a bad mood ?
he was laughing before, so no scope of mood off.

- Is he angry that I didn't take his permission before leaving the team ?
I heard from my new team leader that he already discussed with Achyuth about the changes and he is pretty much aware of it.

- Don't want to talk with a small employee like me, who doesn't match his position ?
May be ! because even after knowing that Rajesh is my cousin, I couldn't see any difference in his treatment at the office. Not that he should treat me as his friend, but expected him to behave at least with a sense of familiarity.

- did he feel that I didn't show the gratitude in a way which he was expecting ? Maybe.
- I would have followed pk's advise and at least messaged him.
" What's cooking in your mind ?" Shruti threw her bunny toy which hit my arm, pulling me out of my thoughts.
" Ahh... nothing !" I said.
" If there's nothing then why are you staring at bathroom door for so long ?" she asked.
Don't know why do I act weird when I think about anything deep.
I'm pretty sure that if I tell her about Achyuth this female would shout and make a ruckus out of it. So I stayed silent and let go.
- why am I bothered about what he thinks ? How can he ignore me like I didn't even exist ?
- why can't I ignore him and sleep ?
To restore the peace of my mind, I finally messaged him and decided to end all my never ending assumptions.