Chapter 69: The War Cry

Rin pulled her hair into a ponytail, the bright red ribbon loosely holding it up. The giant doors standing before her, open to to the giant hall. The news of the attack on Laxus and the Thunder Legion has reached her tiny apartment on her day off. And the sounds of the war horn being blown were silent but foreboding.

"Dear Rin," the guild master smiles grimly. "You always seem to join us during the chaos."

Rin cracked  her knuckles and dropped her bag on the ground. "I hear we're going to war." She smiled. "That's good, I have a few...friends...that could help."

The shorter man nodded before hopping off of the bar where he stood. "And your progress in the underworld?" Rin shoved her ponytail off her shoulders to reveal the tattoo on her neck.

"This afternoon I'll travel for the ceremony so I can officially be placed." She moved the hair back to its place to hide from her brother who threw a tantrum a few feet over.

Makarov hummed as he stroked his chin. "While the teams are off protecting the previous council members we'll be low on protection here at the guild...leave some of the zombies here while you're gone." Rin nodded as she gently kicked the bag beside her.

"One of them is missing a body, so he'll act a as a communication point." Rin frowned. "But be warned, he's a little...eccentric..." she mumbled. The girl reached down and pulled out Hidan's head from the bag. The base of his neck finally bandaged to make sure the blood kept dripping into her arms.

She passed the head to Makarov's arms slowly before snapping in front of him. "Wake up." She whispered, her voice dropping into a lower octave.

Hidan's purple eyes snapped open, awoken from the sleeping spell placed upon him previously. "What the—"

"Shh." Rin whispered. "You're at the guild hall. Sasori and Kakuzu will be arriving later. You'll be acting as communication between them and me." The head nodded slowly and turned to the man holding him and gave a sickeningly wide grin.

"Pleasured to meet your acquaintance." Gramps wrinkled his nose at the sight of the sadism in his eyes.

"My wards, Sasori with the red hair and Kakuzu with the stitches will be arriving later this afternoon with a couple of bodies." Gramps nodded before motioning over to the gathering at the large stage.

"Well, my child, let us join and rally for war." Rin nodded grimly before taking the head and walking over to the crowd.

The girl stood close towards the front where Natsu in the others were. He grinned at the sight of the younger sibling before ruffling her hair and making it as mess as his own locks. The pink haired boy then looked down at the head who only stuck out its tongue.

Makarov stood on the stage addressing the crowd before him. He curled his fist before thrusting it into the air. "Today we go to war!" He cried. "Our foe is part of the Balam Alliance! As strong as Grimoire Heart and Oración Seis! But they should've learned from their allies mistakes!" His voice echoed against the walls of the great hall over the mass of quiet guild mates. "For by the time our work is done the bloodied remnants of their guild will look back on this day and rue it!" For this is the day they made a enemy of Fairy Tail." His face turned grim as he lowered his fist, "They attacked our brethren. The pain they caused is mine and yours. The blood they spilt is our blood! Now it is time for the blood not shed to boil, for our pain to feed our burning rage!" Makarov slammed a hand over his heart and yelled louder. "Let us not fight for justice, but the thunder in our souls! AND UPON THE HONOUR OF THIS GUILD, FAIRY TAIL WILL DESTROY THIS GUILD!"

The cheers echoed around the her as someone had taken the head in her arms and thrown it in the excitement. The yells of Hidan's echoed greatly.

The boat had rocked on the river in Magnolia. The boatman has only reached out to help the girl into the boat instead of a singular golden coin. "My liege." The skeleton whispered.

Rin passively let her eyes roll over and stepped into the boat. The bony hand holding hers gently settled it down and let the girl get comfortable. "Take me to the Winter Palace."

The ferryman said nothing but wave his bony hand creating the portal to the underworld. The river had swirled into the open space before turning into a blue substance that was ice cold.

As the rickety boat had entered the sides grew frosty and Ron's skin crawled with goosebumps and nips of cold came and pinched her.

The air had soon grown colder in hell and the river that was once water had turned into the pure pain, as souls who had sinned had released their regrets into it.

The winter palace had stood above all and was at the center of hell, where it was the coldest. Lucifer himself usually lazily sat on the icy throne, but this time he stood outside, along with the other seven kings or sins.

The ferryman had paused at the dock in front of the palace. Beelzebub grinned, for once the annoying buzz of flies not around him and dressed properly instead of a loose white cloth covering him.

"Rin," he peered at the seizable tattoo on her neck. "Glad you'll finally join us?" He mused, placing his polished hand before her.

"Hardly." Rin frowned, but nonetheless grabbed it and let him pull her on the dock.

"I assume you know the rules, call us by our formal names not the ones we were born with?" He raised a brow, ignoring the ferryman's bow and departure. Rin nodded.

"Of course Envy." She smiled, "let's get the show on the road correct?"

Envy nodded and together the sin lead her straight to the palace.