12k special

Side Story: Rumors

Rin jumped around as Kakashi hit her unguarded side. The pain from the force he used stung as the skin gave a dull throb. "Go a little easy on me would ya?" She hissed. The girl slipped a hand downwards her leg to pull the kunai knife that was lodged in her boot.

With a flick of her fingers she threw the metal towards Kakashi's face. The silver haired man just smiled as he caught it with two fingers. Though it did cut through his gloved hands drawing a little blood. "Ah I think that's enough for today."

Rin pouted as she stomped her feet. "No fair!" She cried crossing her arms childishly. Kakashi rolled his one visible eye before walking towards her.

He lifted his hand and flicked the pale girl's forehead. "Stop acting like a baby, that's my job. Besides weren't you going to visit Ino?" Rin froze as she blinked at him blankly. Kakashi let out a sigh as he handed back the knife. "You forgot didn't you?"

Rin's red eyes widened. "Oh no!" She gasped, bringing a hand to cover her mouth. "I totally forgot!" The girl ran towards her bag that she had haphazardly thrown onto the ground three hours prior and stuffed it back with the extra clothes, water, bandages and dried seaweed. Hoisting up the bag onto her shoulder she ran out of the training grounds, waving. "Bye loser! See you later !" She called out.

If Kakashi had his mask off he'd stick his tongue at her. But instead he reached into his back pocket to pull out the familiar worn orange book.

"Ino!" Rin cried as she slammed the door open to the Yamanaka flower shop. "I'm sorry I'm late!" Rin pushed back her black hair away from her face. "There was a little old lady who needed help with her groceries!" She grinned cheekily, dodging the empty flower pot aimed at her head.

Ino huffed. "The more you spend time with Kakashi-sensai the more I get concerned!" Rin walked towards the counter where she met the blonde haired girl who tied it up high in a bun.

"I'm sorry he's my summoner." Rin shrugged. "It's not like I choose to be with him sometimes, why would I? He's a stingy old man." Ino snorted as she untied the apron around her waist.

"Head upstairs and shower, you stink."

"Only for you sweaty!" Rin blew a kiss towards her jokingly. The girl gripped onto the wooden railing and heaved her tired body upwards to the apartment upstairs.

The apartment itself was clean and smelled of coffee and flowers. Ino had earlier opened up the curtains to let the sunlight stream in. "Oh!" Ino called by the stairs. "Once you're done come back down and help out a bit! A few plants need watering!" She yelled.

"So," Rin began, "You wanted to talk?" She asked pulling the white towel from her hair. Her fingers raking through the inky tresses. Ino shoved a bright green watering can into her arms, which clashed with Rin's all black ensemble.

"Well," Ino began as she motioned for the girl to water the bright Chrysanthemums. "I want to talk about the battle that we had. You promised me that you would tell me the truth." Rin wrinkled her nose and sighed.

"What do you want to know?" She asked, watching the droplets drip onto the petals.

"Well," Ino took a deep breath. "You and Kakashi. He summoned you out of a scroll...are you even human? Even now I feel no chakra emitting from you, at first I thought you were really good at masking it but now..."

Rin laughed, her shoulders shaking as she snickered. "Well I'm pretty sure I am human."

"Rin!"

The girl turned around and put a hand on her hip. The water sloshing against the side in the cans "Years ago Kakashi summoned me using a contract. From what I take it, summons are usually not human. And as far as I know, I'm the only human like summon. I also don't possess chakra!"

Ino slammed her hands on the counter. "How can you not possess chakra and be alive! Chakra is your life force, your chi-"

Rin held up a finger, shutting the girl up quickly so she could elaborate. "I have something else. In the realm I'm from we contain magic. Think of it as chakra except we don't need hand signs." Her scarred hand opened wide and the red magic circle twirled around in the space. "See!" Her grin spreading across her face as the circle emitting magic and floating into the air.

"W-what?!" Ino rushes over from behind her counter and gripped Rin's bony wrist. "How is that possible?" She questioned, her bright blue eyes widening as she watched the particles afloat.

"Uhh, something to do with the spirit. But besides that, it's used in everyday life and in objects." Rin hesitated before closing her hand. "Anyway," she said. "I'm part of a guild," ruffling her shirt she lifted up the cotton material to show the black tattoo on her side. "They're likes groups of people who gather to do odd jobs. Obviously there's bad guilds and an alliance, a magic council on top of the established monarchy."

Ino poked the tattoo before pulling at Rin's sleeve. "So you have two tattoos!" The girl only hummed in thought, watching the blonde poke and prod at her sides. "So your...magic...what is it?"

Rin frowned as she rubbed her chest. "Each magical ability is specialized, my brother, Natsu for instance has Fire Dragon Slayer magic,"

"There's dragons!" Ino jumped, her eyes sparkling in intrest. "Uh..." Rin averted her red eyes, a pink dust filling her cheeks. "Yeah, my brother and I's dad was the king of fire dragons. His name was Igneel. Unfortunately he kinda of like, disappeared in the year 777x."

"Wait!" Ino backed off observing the girl. "How were you risen by a dragon but don't look like one at all?" Rin pictured Natsu's pink hair, sharp teeth, reptilian eyes and his iconic white scaled scarf.

"My brother takes more after our father than I do." She quickly answered, averting her eyes. "Anyhow my magic is more...dangerous. It's called Hell magic. Anything related to the place is under my control. Well mostly, there's a hierarchy, it's complicated." Rin rubbed the side of her head. "That's basically the gist."

"Wow!" Ino held Rin's hand and gripped them between her own calloused ones. The girl rubbed them in her hands and looked at them in amazement. "So how are you going to go about it now?"

"Huh?"

"Well," Ino gave a small smile. "Eventually people are going to catch on, I mean realistically you're considered a foreigner. Some people in the village don't like that, especially when it can be turned against them." Rin rose an eyebrow at that.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you know how Naruto is considered a weapon." She mumbled. "And how they're willing to rid him if he because useless to them in their eyes."

Rin nodded. "I know." The sun was setting over the horizon, giving off a soft golden glow over the white chrysanthemums. "Hey," she whispered. "I have an idea..."

"What do you mean?"

Rin leaned in close, her lips touching the girl's ear as she whispered in a low tone, the sunlight curving around their bodies.

A/N

so like twelve is a special number for me, it's the age I started this book even got this account. So instead of doing a 10k special I rather do a 12k one. I hope you guys like it since I consider this cannon to my story and it addresses the rumors comment I made back.

To what rumors, that's up to your interpretation.

Sorry for the slight Rin x Ino

- I always liked Ino and how she put aside her affections for Sasuke to help Sakura and while she is slightly annoying and loud and pushy she holds a special place in my heart.

- I've always liked Sakura too since she's basically a nurse, can kick my ass and has pink hair. I currently have pink hair too lol.