Chapter 72: Face

Reaching inside, Rin pulled out a a singular blade, the formally known Bakusaiga was gonna and had shifted into a Jian sword. It sported a black handle that had a comfortable grip. The girl grinned as she cut down an enemy soldier down with a slash crossing his torso, the clear blade absorbing the blood.

Jumping back she twirled the light blade in her hand before kicking an underling beside her and cutting off his arm. "I wonder what else this baby could do!" She hummed. Rin pulled her sword close, parallel to her face and turned her hand into a half ram sign, the girl whispered to the sword in front of her, "expel." From the blade of splattered the acidic substance turned from blood and watched as it ate the surrounding soldiers.

"We gotta find a way to enter!" Gajeel growled behind Rin as he transformed his arm into metal. "Natsu's having all the fun to himself!"

Rin rolled her eyes as she jumped away from an oncoming strike. "Where even is the base?" She asked, "Is it the middle of the cube, the top, the sides? The gravity here is different!"

A second tremble caused the ground below them to shake, Rin whipped around to the site as the rock had budged. It expanded momentarily before bursting open to reveal Erza, her javelin pointed towards the enemy as she fell down, piercing the enemy's skin. Ezra was then pulled back upwards from the strong gravity and back onto the bottom side of the cube, landing harshly onto the ground.

Stabbing one more man, Rin pulled her sword out from the body and let it tumble backwards and turned around. She held Hidan's head close as she ran towards Erza, who had transformed into her flame pants and bandages.

"There's gravity?" Erza questioned before turning around. "You're here?"

"Well done," Gramps approached, coming towards the center of the circle. "You've open the path for us."

"My pleasure. Question, why are we upside down?" Rin looked towards the town below them as Grey and Erza encouraged the guild mates around the circle.

"How are you not nauseous? Isn't this technically a mode of transportation?" Rin mumbled towards Gajeel who seemed to turn green. Hidan snickered from within the cloth boundaries.

"Go you know what to do!" Gramps ordered. Rin eyed the hole before grabbing Romeo's yellow scarf. She held him back from jumping impulsively.

"Remember, don't die kid." The boy rolled his eyes.

"You're only a few years older!" He grinned before shaking off her grip and jumping into the hole.

Rin rolled her eyes and held the the head close. She took a running start and jumped into the hole. "Cupid's wings!" The red circle appeared on her back before shifting her bones outwards to make room for the growing pair. The raven feathers sprouted as two angelic wings burst through the skin.

Flapping them for a second, Rin dove forward, flying past her guild mates and downward towards the stone foundation. Soldiers stood at the entrance of the opening with their spears ready. Rin switched the handle of her sword down till it snapped against the blade before sliding it into place against the scabbard. She flipped it before it clicked into place forming a red Beretta 92.

Rin held onto the embroidered butterflies and fired. The red bullets pricing the men's armour causing them to fall. When she landed behind Grey she fired once more as he performed an ice spell. More of the enemy charged foreword before stopping once the guild master had spotted them, "Go I'll take care of this rabble!" He said, dismissing them. Rin looked towards the four way entrance and ran towards the left, following Gajeel and Cana.

Their group encountered more watchmen who charged at them. Cana threw her tarot cards and yelled their names, causing an explosion. Gajeel behind her threw a couple of iron punches. Rin smiled as she ducked under the iron and into the cloud of dust caused by the explosion.

She launched foreword and transformed the gun back into the Jian sword and twisted it foreword. Gajeel laughed as he activated another spell. "IRON DRAGON ROAR!" Rin flew up and watched the metal twist like a tornado and take out the corridor.

"Get our of our way!" Cana pushes, running past the two. The enemy in front of them attacking from all sides as they attempted to push back on their assault. Cana threw another spell at them, letting the smoke blind everyone. Rin dropped down back to the ground and sped past Gajeel behind Cana.

"Gajeel!" She yelled back at the dragon slayer who punched through a wall. "Sniff our where the particles are! Or at least where some of the demons should be!" She growled.

Gajeel glared at the smaller girl. "You think I don't know that! And if I knew how to do that, you wouldn't think I would do that already!" He barked back, Rin rolled her eyes.

"Just feel where there's no magic! You're a dragonslayer, your senses are heightened!" Gajeel huffed. The rumbling had once again started. Rin gripped onto the broken stone walls as Cana slid. "Wait!" She screamed, launching foreword and catching Cana's arms. Her wings expanded momentarily as the rumbling continued. "Gajeel!" She looked back.

"I'm fine kid!" He yelled back, using his iron to hold onto the stone walls.

The white light that illuminated the sky from the distance, beamed up from a far off land. "Do you see this!" Rin gaped as she flew through with Cana in her arms, throwing more and more lightning spells and bombs with her cards.

"That light, it has to be Face!" Cana pushes off of Rin once they got to a corridor with no one there. The girl gulped as she adjusted her bag.

"Shit!" She hissed as she twisted the sword in her hands. The rumbling continued as they looked outward with the others who had stopped as they watch the light expand more. It blinked quickly before letting out another explosion. "Cana!" She screamed.

Cana threw another card. "What?!" She yelled back.

"I think Face was just activated!" She grinned. "Looks like it was a dud though." Her eyes turned back towards the crowd in front of her. Her eyes glowed a bright red before she pushed off of her feet.