Chapter 54: The Grand Banquet

Rin snapped her head to a loud crash in the distance. A golden glow enveloped the miniature dragons and from what she could see the dragons glow faintly, crumble into themselves and disappear into a golden dust.

Rin smiled as Madeline cheered loudly in the silence that followed, skipping and dancing around in the dust.

The red eyed girl fell back and landed on her butt. The exhaustion taking over as she let Bakusaiga fade back into the seal on her chest.

"You sure have a lot of energy." She smiled. "Carry me to Natsu?" Madeline grinned and launched herself into Rin's arms, pulling her into the shadows.

"I have a better idea!" She grinned, leading them into a world of color without any shades.

Several days after the Grand Magic Games conclusion, there was a party held. Rin wore a soft blush pink dress. It had a v line that showed off her dark red borderline black seal. It held soft flowers that popped off the dress and curled around her chest as it puffed out slightly from the waist, the tulle scrapping against the ground. Her feet slipped into her high heels that had a design in rose gold swirling around the slim heel.

The teen held herself high as she brushed her hair back into its intricate design. Something Mira had come up on the spot.

Sting smiled as he gazed at his girlfriend lovingly. She stood out against the different colors and white and gold. Mostly because she had a scowl on her face that spoke volumes on how she detested diplomacy and formality.

"My lovely Rin," he hummed as she glared at him.

"I'm so close to launching you off this castle building." Rouge smirked as Sting still held onto the girl as she scanned the room looking for her brother. Probably sensing that he was causing trouble.

If he ever found Igneel again, she'd be sure to ask if he really was eldest between the two.

"RiNnNnN." The girl turned back to Sting as Rouge had left with the exceeds to find more food.

"I thought you'd be scarfing down more food?" Sting shook his head, wrapping his arm around Rin.

"I looked around for Natsu for a while, I owe him a drink but I couldn't find him anywhere I looked. Instead I just shared a toast with Gajeel." Sting said, his eyes lazily looking around the room.

Rin scoffed lightly. "Natsu is seventeen, he's not old enough to drink." Sting tilted his head as he looked down at her in confusion.

"But those years when-"

"Don't count." She cut him off. "If he sleeps for seven years he's seventeen for seven years." She smirked tilting her cheek as she leaned back against the wall of the part of the castle that wasn't destroyed.

She slipped her hand onto his jaw and tilted it just enough to kiss his cheek, leaving a feint imprint of her lipstick. A warning for the other women oogling at him across the room.

Sting didn't mind, and he was smart enough to notice the rolls of bad intent come off of her in waves. With a quick pec of the lips he leaned into her touch. "You know, speaking of missing people, I haven't seen Madeline."

Rin's mind flashed backed to the papers on her desk.

"Her mission is complete, I sent her back to her owner; Beezelbub." Sting wrinkled his nose at that name but didn't mention anything. Noticing this she glanced over, "So how's being guild master, my smart, love of my life." Sting blushed a bright red at the compliment and buried his head into Rin's neck, exciting a laugh out of the girl. Patting his chest she pushed him off. "Now, now." She grinned. "I know you love being social so go ahead and party."

The girl slipped out of his grasp as she watched him grin and run off.

Only a few seconds later starting a brawl in the middle of the place. Rin sighed as she watched him punch someone in the face.

What a loser; her loser, but a loser nonetheless.

She looked up from the brawl to the balcony above where the knight slammed his sword down. "In honor for your participation in the Games and your bravery in the fight against fighting the greatest danger this kingdom has ever known, his majesty would like to personally deliver this message to you. Pay heed."

"High mr. King!"

The doors spread open as a figure from the darkness walked out. The click of his heels echoed and his clothes exuded elegance.

Rin noticed the air of importance around the figure and stood straighter then she normally would. Rolling her shoulders she looked up expectantly.

Natsu spread his hand out as addressed the people. "Royal subjects, shut up and listen!" He grinned brightly as the minister of defense and the mascot from the games wildly waved their arms.

The boy cackled loudly, thinking that treason was funny.

"ALL HAIL KING NATSU! NEW LEADER OF FIORE!" He cackled, Rin couldn't believe her eyes.

Natsu surely wasn't this dumb, ohmygodhewasthisdumbwhatthehell.

Rin felt the energy drain from her body as she slumped onto the floor. This was it, this was the end of her life.

"That's enough okay!" The mascot frowned, jumping up and down to grab the crown.

"Oh come on, after all we one youre little games!"

"Please give it back!"

"For the rest of today I am your king! Now do what I say!"

Her dignity gone, her will to live yeeted itself out the balcony.

Sting turned the girl in his arms as she smiled. She could feel Natsu watching them carefully, still new to the relationship. And their weird dynamic that they had.

Well weird to Natsu. Rin rolled her eyes when Natsu snarled when Sting lowered his hand with a smirk on his face, testing the boys patience.

"When Natsu, and trust me he will, murders you. Don't expect me to be at your funeral, okay?" Sting chucked.

"I'll be glad if your face was-"

Rin rolled her eyes and patted Sting's cheek affectionally. "No." She said, only to giggle at the pout on his face."