Chapter 65: Deal With the Devil

The peace and quiet of the cicadas did not stop the summer heat from protruding into autumn. And one Sasuke Uchiha was not having it, the sticky skin the annoying buzz in the air only brought annoyance. Never mind his teammates who wouldn't stop bickering, only shutting up when glared at. But barely.

Waking up in the middle of the night was also not ideal. So Sasuke sat up in his cot in the cozy inn room that fit all four of them on the second floor. A rogues and two ex-experiments, peacefully snoozing away.

Getting up and tugging Karin's arm off his sticky body and moving Suigetsu's puddle form away. He passed by a blissful Jūgo.

Tugging on the other sleeve of his shirt, or what Rin likes to call, his "stripper attire," he opened the paper panel to see the same black haired girl who ran around in his nightmares, like a true friend.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Rin grinned behind her dog mask on the tree branch in front of his room. Way too much pep in her step he noticed, wondering if she was finally going to overdose on those military ration pills.

"Rin." He grumbled, his duck butt hair messy and wild. "What are you doing here? It's not a full moon." Rin smiled as she sat cross legged peacefully, but if Sasuke looked close enough he could see her vibrating.

"Just wondering how the hunt for your brother is going." She moved the mask to the side of her head, "The undead are around doing jobs, pretty independent if you ask me, I should treat them to something. Your compound recently turned into a medical lab but we don't need to talk about that." She waved her hands cheerfully.

Sasuke rose an eyebrow but dismissed her words, when he would eventually come back the first thing he was going to do was kick the girl out. Or else who knows what kind of damage she would've done to his precious childhood home. "We're close to finding him, why?" Rin smiled as she looked down on him.

"How long has it been since you seen the others, a full season?" Sasuke nodded, thinking back to when he was still at Orochimaru's hideout. Rin sighed as she stood up again, her foot tapping against the branch for a solid minute before speaking. "As you know Naruto holds a chakra demon, and the Akatsuki wants to collect them. Your paths are bound to cross when you see Itachi." The black haired girl's lips split into a grin. "How bad do you want him dead?" She asked.

Sasuke blinked. "You weren't around yet but it's common knowledge that he murdered my clan, my family. This is about vengeance, to make him suffer like I had..." Sasuke turned quiet, his mind running over the night that he swore to never forget. The cold, chilling feeling of betrayal running up his spine, curling itself at the base of his neck. He wanted this, no. He needed this.

Rin nodded as she put out her hand, her eyes growing a sick red. "I propose a deal." She grinned. "Since you are technically family, and his future murderer. I'll help you kill him." Seeing the hesitation on Sasuke's face didn't phase her. "Not physically of course, but there will be some interference with Itachi's pursuit team after him. I'll offer some distractions in exchange for something in return."

"What would it be?" Sasuke asked.

"Your body!" She cheekily said, her fingers wiggling towards the boy. Sasuke of course glared back at his friend, "Too soon? Who would've known, you were so ready to give it to Orochimaru." Rin shrugged, "I'll be needing Itachi's body actually."

"Why?" Sasuke asked. "His eyes will be useless."

"But his soul won't." The black haired girl frowned, "that's the most important part. I need it, so deal?" Her outstretched hand wiggling.

Sasuke looked at her glowing eyes, floating black hair and spider like fingers. He felt the temptation run down his body like he was about to make a deal with the devil. Without hesitation he clasped their hands.

Rin eyes perked up, her splitting grin turning wicked as the magic circle appeared, floating directly above their hands, sealing the deal. The circle's magic split rams circled their wrists engraving itself in a band against his bone.

"That...was weird." Sasuke shivered visibly, noticing how Rin's eyes filled with glee.

"Wasn't it exciting!" She squealed.

"No." Sasuke deadpanned, ignoring the visible deflation of her aura. "How many pills did you take? You're more like, 'Ohohoho Sasuke, you'll never know my secrets'."

"Too many to count," she shrugged. "I've been working for three days straight, after this I'm going to take a long vacation. Visit the old man and Sting for a while." She grinned.

"Sting, your brother?" Sasuke asked. They never really talked about their families, but from what he knew she was raised with a bunch other kids and an orphan like him...and Naruto.

"Ew," Rin blanched, "He's my boyfriend, my brother's name is Natsu. Our father Igneel found us but I doubt we're actually related. We look nothing alike." She shrugged nonchalantly.

Sasuke instead furrowed his eyebrows, it was weird to imagine Rin in a relationship since she only seemed to have this sadistic glee when it came to her job. "Since when did you have time to find a boyfriend? You're basically out of fire country every other week, and I don't remember hearing about any ninja named Sting."

Rin tilted her head, "oh you didn't hear?" She asked, "I guess you'll have to figure it out for yourself." She shrugged. Rin kicked off of the branch and let herself fall down only to land on her feet in a crouched position on the ground.

Sasuke looked down at her with a scowl. "Hear what?" He hissed out of annoyance. The girl was falling back to her usual pattern of mystery and teasing.

"Keep your ears keen my good sir!" She bowed her black tresses falling like ink and her red eyes filled with mischief.