Chapter 63: Spill the Beans

Rin arrived back at the village with her scrolls, already having sent Sasori, Kakazu and Hidan ahead with their own scrolls. The sunlight passing through the leaves as the wind blew gave the refreshing feeling from all the blood and sweat that clung to her clothes.

"Rin!" Izumo waved as Kotetsu slept beside him. "You might want to put the mask back on." He pointed to the side of his own face. The black haired girl sighed and slid the porcelain back over her features.

"If anything I could just say I'm Naruto and they'd believe me." She shrugged. "Anyway wanna tell Lady Tsunade I'm here?" She asked.

"Of course." Izumo grinned, waving to the girl as she leapt back into the trees, away from the desk.

"Yo," Rin said as she opened the window to the Hokage's office, not taking note of Naruto and Sakura being present. Jiraiya in the office however was not a surprise. He always seemed to come and go as he pleased.

Once Rin stood up she coughed into her fist. "I see you have visitors, I'll just head home and shower first-"

Tsunade held up a hand, halting Rin's speech. "No, stay. You're the one who can explain the situation more clearly. Your mission report however," the blonde busty woman turned to face the younger girl. "I rather not hear it from a headless man next time."

Rin grinned, "Ah Akita might have his body parts strewn around the house now. A shame." She giggled. She could already seen the mess in the Uchiha compound that Sasuke had graciously gifted her to hide the undead Akatsuki.

Naruto and Sakura glanced at her. Even if they weren't sensory ninja they couldn't feel any chakra coming from the newcomer's body. But this was a familiar feeling for them, it was odd in that aspect.

"So," Rin shrugged. "What's needed to be explained?" The girl asked, placing the white scroll onto Tsunade's desk. She walked in front of them.

"As our reliable informant, you had the most contact with our subject." Naruto jumped foreword, and pointed towards her.

"Why does she have the most contact with him! Why hasn't he come back to the village, if Orochimaru is dead, why doesn't he just come back home!" His hands curled up into fists as he pounded onto the wooden desk, splintering it.

"Naruto!" Sakura lurched foreword. "Calm down, this isn't the right way to be going about things!" She grabbed the blonde and forced him back to his place, away from the ANBU.

"Naruto, am I correct?" Rin questioned. The girl crossed her arms as she lent on the wood. "The information I possess is too crucial for it to be left into the hands of the likes of you." Her voice is cold as it cut straight to the point. "For a ninja you are to emotional, granted you come from Konoha." She sighed.

"Do you remember the Sasuke retrieval mission?" She questioned looking into both Sakura's and Naruto's eyes. "Sakura, you confessed to him instead of reporting him," The girl looked away ashamed and embarrassment flooded her cheeks. "And Naruto, you had let your emotions get to you and unfortunately after the Chūnin exams your seal has been unstable. Every time it does the more likely chance that Kurama will break free."

"How do you know of this?" Sakura pressed, taking a step forward. Rin turned her head towards the Hokage, looking for permission.

Tsunade pressed her lips tight before waving her hand.

And so a pale hand grasped Kakashi's porcelain dog mask and pushed it to the side, bunching up the long black strands that framed her face to her profile.

"I...Rin?" Naruto questioned, looking at his friend, Kakashi's teammate.

The girl smiled bitterly. "I am the informant that goes back between Konoha and Sasuke Uchiha, simply because I lack the emotional attachment that you have for him. While yes, now we are considered," the girl hesitated to let the word slip from her mouth. "...friends at best..." Rin grimaced. "I'm the one who could extract the information from him."

Naruto and Sakura stared dead on, not believing their eyes. Rin scrunched up her nose and licked her bitten lips.

"I...From what I know Sasuke killed Orochimaru before he could devour him and continue the jutsu to keep him immortal. And now Sasuke formed a team, Suigetsu who holds a sword from the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Karin a red haired girl who seems to be some sort of tracker and Jūgo. Judging from his clothes he's from the Northern Hideout."

"And what now?" Naruto pressed. "Why hasn't he come back home?"

Rin looked away from his honest blue eyes. Her own red flickering in remorse. "It's Sasuke, what do you expect? He still wants to avenge his clan by killing Itachi Uchiha."

Naruto sucked in a breath and growled. "That whole thing again, Sasuke damnit!" He whipped his head up to Tsunade, "Then we have to move fast! Operation tracking the Akatsuki is still going on, right?"

"It is." She confirmed, glancing over at the black haired girl.

"Then to find Sasuke then we need to hunt down the member of the Akatsuki first, we need to find that guy first!" Naruto yelled, the fire in his eyes flashing wildly.

"Everyone except you Naruto," Sakura pointed out. "They're still hunting around and have Shukaku remember?"

"Not only him," Rin pipped up. "But Han and Gyuki were captured before you came back. Then Hidan and Kakazu got Matatabi and if I remember Isubo too."

"That's five down..." Sakura mumbled, "But how do you know this Rin? As far as you told us you've only been in contact with Sasuke."

Rin gave them an eerily identical smirk to one's akin to an Uchiha's. "As you know now, or as rumor has suggested. Everyone know's that I am one of Kakashi's contracts." The girl wrinkled her nose. "So getting around isn't difficult for me."

The girl sighed, "I'm also in contact with a certain Itachi Uchiha."