Chapter 73: Body

The rumbling stopped as the cube stabilized. Rin rushed foreword and swing her sword making considerable headway towards the center. Gajeel long gone and Cana had decided to head towards the left while she took the right.

"Hello everyone!" Rin jumped as the voice echoed in her head. "I hope you can hear me," the girl rolled her eyes as she stabbed the closest person near her.

"We hear you," Erza commanded. "Has something happened?"

"We found Mira!" Warren messaged. "She's safe and sound."

"I'm sorry to worry you. I'm fine now," her weak voice cut through. Rin let out a grin as Warren continued his message.

"Elfman and Lisanna are here too!" The voices went silent before Warren changed his magic to where Lucy had spoke. "Okay." He said.

"Wendy And Carla pulled it off," Lucy's voice cut in, "I don't know how they did it but they stopped Face!" Rin blinked as she pulled her sword out from a body before entering the circle.

"Dispel!" She yelled, watching the acidic substance spread, leaving the blade clear.

"...sure Happy, I'll put you right through!" Warren spoke as another message echoed through, this time from Happy. They really needed to find another way to do these kind of things.

"We talked to the soul of master Hades." Rin rose an eyebrow. He definitely shouldn't be referencing the god of the underworld, he was too busy figuring out how to deal with the influx of souls and expanding to welcome more in. "He said even though we stopped Face it's not over," Rin held back a groan as she flew down the corridor. "He has a message for master, I don't know what it means but he said, 'unleash the light!'"

"Well that was ominous." Rin mumbled as she held the bade sideways and letting it slide through someone's neck.

"To unleash the light?" The master gasped in her head. "He's talking about unleashing the Lumen Histoire!" Gramps yelled.

"Please don't shout like that!" Warren whined.

"Well he seemed dang serious to me!" Happy said.

The connection froze as the static cut in before a voice forced its way into their heads. "Please pardon the interruption." Rin whipped her head as she looked behind her in paranoia. "I wish to speak to the guild Fairy Tail."

"Who are you!" Elfman demanded.

"The underworld king, Mard Geer. But knowing who I am won't help you. For none of you shall live to see tomorrow."

"Oh," Rin spoke out. "You're the king of the Underworld." Her voice chided, the rage burned as it built up inside of her. The sound of there being a singular person or demon claiming to be king of the underworld was outrageous, "I didn't know petty insects held such hubris! Listen to me when I say when I find you, you'd wish you could hold the power of a king." She growled silently as the sounds of the screams and whines of their men were choked up, her sword's acidic prowess eating away at the flesh and leaving nothing, not even bone.

The voice was silent before the voice spoke again. "Alegria!" The cube started to shift as the gravity shifted. Pink flesh shot from the walls trying to cling to Rin's body. She expelled her wings and dodged around the pink before a tendra lol wrapped around her leg and pulled her down into the walls.

Rin scowled as her sword cut through it swiftly. She flipped her wings down the corridor quickly, the tendrils chasing her as she dove. Her body switching sideways as the tendrils tore themselves apart trying to reach her.

"Hidan." She whispered, but her voice still echoing. "Call on Sasori and Kakuzu. Tell them to find Natau, we shall meet them there. We also need your new body."

"Of course." Hidan said, keeping quiet once more as he closed his eyes. A seal that was similar to her own tattoo glowed on his neck as he relayed the message. The black feathery wings flapped as she glides through the air, shifting past the fallen soldiers and guild mates as she tried to track down where Natsu lay.

A sudden roar shook the cube, sounding from the center and echoing outwards towards one of the sides. It sounded several times in a pattern. Rin passed by a broken wall and looked outwards as the buildings were stripped but the town was quiet as it was previously evacuated. The girl sighed in relief before continuing onwards.

"Demons of Tartarus," the voice echoed through the cube this time, "I have activated the Alegria. The intruders lives have been snuffed out. Our plans remain unchanged, Face's activation is eminent." He said steadily. Rin rolled her eyes and glanced down at Hidan.

"Hubris." She said.

"Hubris." Hidan acknowledged.

The echo of the remaining soldiers as they chanted around them continued as Rin zipped down the hallways. She turned right into the fleshiest hallway yet, "However I sense 4 and 1/16 of a human souls have remained untouched." Rin could hear Hidan snicker at the mention of the fraction. "A tiny vacancy has  been seen in the nine demon gates, whoever slays theses humans shall fill these seats. And if a demon gate shall kill the human, they shall receive an even greater reward. Good hunting."

Rin flew slowly down the hallway before reaching her brother. The holes from the damage Natsu had dealt were wide enough to view a wider section of the now ghost town. There stood Sasori and Kakuzu who stood before a section of fleshy pink. Swiftly turning around she came to face what they stared at.

"Is he dead?" She asked, poking the fleshy Natsu.

"No. More like persevered, but I don't know if the flesh is acidic." Sasori spoke. He pulled out a singular scroll and channeled his chakra, letting the smoke reveal a delicately made body. Similar to Sasori's old one but had a magical sequence drawn on it. "His body is good to go. Rin." The girl nodded as she gently lifted the head out of the makeshift bag and placed it on top where the neck should be.

Taking the dagger from her thigh she slashed her left plan before placing it on the sequence. Using her magic power, she channeled it to flow into the diagram drawn. The circles shifted as they clicked into place, her eyes glowing a deep red.

"HIDAN, I GIVE YOU FLESH AND BLOOD, IN RETURN YOU SHALL SERVE ME WITH MIND AND SOUL, YOURE RIGHTFUL KING!"