Chapter 33: Blood

Rin passed Sting during her bathroom break. He was leaning against a wall outside of the bathroom. "You missed the last two matches." He stated.

"Aw you miss me?" She asked. Sting grinned and nodded.

"Besides the point, what are you doing lurking around? I've seen you pass the Fairy Tail balcony twice." Rin grinned mischievously as she squeezed his hands.

"As you said, I've been lurking." She tilted her head. "Wanna catch me up on what I missed?"

Sting eyes darkened. "I think Raven Tail's been cheating. Your girl Lucy was going to release a powerful spell before all that magic build up disappeared. But before that she just took a beating and didn't complain." Rin's smile turned into a frown. She took a hand and ran it down her hair.

"Guess this means I have to lurk some more." She frowned before glancing up. His brows were furrowed and his lips turned into a pout. "Aw Sting, there's no need to worry. I always get jobs like this! I know what I'm doing!" She pulled hard on his cheeks.

"I know, I know." He chuckled. Sting grabbed her hand and pulled her with him as they walked back. "The next match is starting now, come on before someone gets suspicious."

As the two approached the Sabertooth guild balcony. She laughed as they walked in and sat down on the bench. "Lector, Frosch!" She held out her arms as both exceeds leaped into them.

The next match starting with Warcry and Olga, was over in a second, with Olga sending Warcry into a ball of pure lightning.

"What's the rush Olga, couldn't you have made it entertaining?" Sting asked from above.

The god slayer turned around completely blank faced, "Okay I'll go sing a song."

"That's not what I meant, meathead!"

Rin laughed once more. As Olga sang or rapped as it sounded like. she let Frosch bounce in her lap, since Lector didn't really like being held for long periods of time.

As the next match approached she watch the sidelines for any signs of Shisui. The five magic circles not bothering her. She smiled contently not seeing any sign of him, content of her choice. It was between him and Sakumo Hatake.

But knowing his title, it was better not to have the elder Hatake around.

"Watch your eyes." Rin looked up at Sting as he pointed up. There in the sky, magic circles were drawn as stars fell to Jura.

The dust making clouds and expanding to the crowd. Rin invited the warning and peered over the edge.

There she saw Jellal prepare another dangerous spell. The once clear blue sky, turned black as the clouds swirled above.

"Inheritance: Indra!" Rin yelled, she pushed her hands out at the railing with a swooping motion, "Amat-"

The clouds disappeared quickly as Jellal fell to the floor. Rin kneeled over and coughed hard into her hand.

"Rin!" Sting rubbed the back of the girl. She pulled back her hand and saw the specks of blood.

"I'm fine." She said. "It's just the side of affect of using a dead person i didn't make a contract with." She pushed Sting off of her and whipped her hands on her clothes.