Chapter 17: Natsu's Return

The year was x791.

It was the anniversary of their disappearance. Rin walked towards the boardwalk, a bouquet of flowers in her hands.

Looking up at the sun, she wondered. Shaking her head, she pushed her thoughts to the side and laid the bouquet down at the edge of the water.

"Rin!" The girl turned around to find Sting. "You're not heading back to your guild?" The girl shook her head.

"It gets painful this time of year." She mumbled. Sting nodded and wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder.

"Come on." He mumbled and brought her away from the board walk. Rin smiled more gently. Sting turned to her with a question on his tongue. "Do you still remember?"

Rin shook her head. "No not really." Her eyes sad. "The first thing I forgot was my brother's voice, then how he smiled, and if his eyes were brown or black." She nodded to herself. "It doesn't help that Reedus keeps his paintings stocked away, or that mentioning them is taboo." Sting hummed. "But I do remember his scarf. It was white." She held out her hands as if she were physically holding it. "It was made out of our father's scales."

Sting rubbed the girl's head in comfort.

Natsu looked around the new guild hall in wonder. Tears were falling down everyone's faces.

As he looked around, he couldn't find his own sister. "Hey Reedus?" The skinny man looked up from his sketch pad. "Where's Rin."

"Rin usually disappears for a few days, if she is needed we would send Romeo. He's the one you should ask." Natsu nodded and pushed his way through the people.

"Romeo!" He called out. "Where's my sister?" The raven haired boy turned towards the stomping fire dragon slayer.

"She's in the next towns over, you'll have to take the train." Romeo smirked at the pink haired boy. Natsu's face turned green due to the thought of motion sickness. "She'll be back tomorrow." Romeo gave Natsu a quick side eye. "Good luck."

"Good luck?"

The black haired girl walked into the guild. It gave off an aura full of life, nothing like before.

There she spotted Yuka, Toby, Lyon, Jura and Sherry. She could spot the pink head anywhere.

Lyon exited with Gray by his side. Both of them half-naked to their weird stripping habit.

That's when she stopped in her tracks.

"Gray?" The girl whispered. She whipped her hair back towards the man. "He's alive? After seven years?" Rin felt her bag slip off her shoulder and fall onto the ground.

Natsu turned around as he sniffed the air. "Rin?" Natsu looked around for anyone who looked like his baby sister. The boy had waited a day, while compared to her seven years it felt like nothing.

"Natsu?" She questioned. Natsu saw the black haired girl. Her appearance had changed quite a bit.

Rin's hair was longer and let loose then it's usual bun. Her eyes still shone like the brightest of rubies. She taller and paler then her older brother.

She had gloves covering her hands that were ridden with scars due to the amount of blood sacrifices she had to make.

Rin's clothing style didn't change that much either. Except that she wasn't wearing dresses like she did as a child.

"You," Rin pointes at Natsu. "You're supposed to be dead!" She shouted. "The island was destroyed! You couldn't have survived, the magic council said you didn't survive!"

Eyes wide in fear, the girl bolted out of the guild, and into the forest.