Chapter 71: Explosion

When Rin had opened her eyes she could see only the light the littered the hospital room. The bright bulbs above her head flowed brightly. The girl turned her head and focused on the others in the room. Laxus was in his comatose state while Freed was fighting the pain, Bickslow and Evergreen too. Red auras surrounded each of the members of the Thunder Legion, the varying degrees of rouge cause Rin to blink. It vanished soon after, but left an insatiable hunger in her stomach.

Sitting up, Rin suppressed a groan that threatened to escape her mouth and ignored the throbbing pain in her neck. Similar to the one she received when she had got her ANBU tattoo. Her eyes shifted over to the side to the water bowl next to Natsu's bed and grabbed the wet towel.

"Rin." Her head whipped over to the doorway to look at Romeo standing there, his arms crossed over. "You finally did it?" He asked. She gave a sheepish grin.

"When my mortal body perishes, I'll forever be the eighth sin of desire." She holds in a snort. Her fingers wrung the towel before it was snatched from her.

Romeo pushed the girl back down before laying the cool compress on her forehead. "You've been pushing a fever." He says. "You never get fevers," He pulled the chair out before sitting at her bedside and leaning over.

His hands tilted her face side to side to check if the unnatural red had cooled off when she ran a temperature. Deeming it okay he pulled the compress off and placing it in the bowl. "I found you by the river, Wendy tried everything she could but it ran high." Rin rolled her eyes.

"The mouth of the river is an entrance to hell if you're interested in going. And of course she couldn't fix it, I induced it." She glanced over at her brother. "What's Fairy Tail up to?"

Romeo sighed and looked out the window with a scowl. "There are supposedly nine keepers all from the book of Zeref. All of them man made not like what you're usual demon is." His cobalt eyes darkened for a moment, "we lost almost all the previous council except for the head councilmen. Sold them out apparently."

"He wanted to be re-elected in a time of crisis. Retirement can only do so much." Rin sighed as she pushed herself up to lean across the headboard.

"Yeah well," Romeo grumbled into his scarf. "They took Mira, Lisanna and Erza. Elfman had just come back."

"They okay?" She asked. Romeo only nodded before sitting upright. "Well let's get to work shall we?" She smirked.

Rin picked up Hidan's head and cradled it in her arms. "I've missed you!" She cooed. Hidan hummed in comfort and leaned against her. "Have Sasori And Kakuzu arrived yet?"

"Yes my lady!" He grinned, "Sasori is building my body while Kakuzu is helping Levy calculate where the base is." Rin rolled her eyes and scanned the room, the red auras back in her vision but she could still notice the guild crowding along the table.

"Relay the message that Sasori build you body then join us in battle. However I want Kakuzu on the front lines." Hidan nodded. Rin looked down at the head and blinked at the thin light that surrounded him. "Is it just me or is everyone glowing red?" She mumbled.

"Well," Hidan gulped. "You're eyes have been glowing ever since you came out of the hospital wing." Rin frowned as she set the head in the crook of her elbow. The girl pressed her two fingers and rubbed her temple in an attempt to release tension in her temple.

"Sorry," she mumbled. Her steps led her towards the crowded table, stepping out of the way of Cana who sped walked past her. Pushing past everyone else, Rin placed Hidan on the table on top of some papers.

"-they're on top of us!" Levy pushed. Rin rose an eyebrow at the statement. "I swear, I know it sounds crazy but they are."

"So they came to take the fight to us." She rolled her eyes, anyone could practically hear the smirk on Grey's face.

Gramps stood high on the table, on the opposite end of Hidan. "THAT MEANS PREPARE FOR WAR!" He grinned as cheers shook the building.

Rin paused. The Fairy Tail guild was loud but not loud enough to shake a building. Something was wrong, Rin closed her eyes and let her awareness spread. The magic in the air shifted to something more denser then usual. Enough for even a non dragon slayer to notice. She turned around and looked at Wendy, a silent question in her eyes. The blue haired girl only nodded. "Change if orders Hidan. Start an evacuation now!" She hissed as the rumbling intensified. The girl whipped her head around to the others. "TAKE COVER THIS IS AN EXPLOSION!" She yelled.

From the outside the guild building vibrated rapidly before a bright flash. The silent pause had stayed only for a second before the flash blinked and tore the building apart. The crashing noise of the building tore the previously peaceful town apart. But there were now screams coming from the site as smoke had emitted from the debris.

A second bright flash had appeared before Rin as she stumbled onto the rocky ground clumsily. The girl crouched down to the earth as her guild mates ran wildly in front of her. "Hidan!" She called out, a muddled yell echoed away from her as his head was kicked around. The girl got up and ran to the left and dove before Grey could punt him further.

The girl growled as she took the knife strapped to her thigh and threw it backwards as the enemy approached her. Using chakra strings, a skill from Sasori that she had picked up, she pulled back and let the man fall towards the floor. Rin ripped open Rogue's stolen flannel and tied the head into a secure crossbody bag and hung around her body. "Tell Sasori to be quick." She yelled as she cut her hand and dragged the blood on her chest. The dimmed red tattoo flowed faintly as the sequences shifted around. "Lets get this over with."