Chapter 66: Six

Rin grinned as she leant against one of the village poles that held up the entrance. Her newly adorned white cloak grazing against the muddy pathway as she waited for the rest to show. "You seem happy today." Sakura said as she held a hand against her hip.

"Today I get a new corpse!" She sung happily, ignoring the heavy rainfall against her head for a second. Kakashi held in a chuckle before answering Naruto's question. Rin bounced on her feet as she held out her hand.

Sakura frowned from beside her teammate, "It's a shame you aren't going on this mission with us. We could've used your expertise." Rin waved her hands haphazardly.

"It's a last minute change, besides it would compromise my position with Sasuke and Itachi. Tsunade thought it would be best." Rin wrinkled her nose at the feeling of more droplets of water hitting her head and pulled the white hood up. "I believe in you guys!" She grinned. "I just wanted to see you all off." Sakura nodded and gave a tight smile, the one she always gave before going off to missions.

Once she turned around, the dark haired girl subtly activated the red magic circle that shown against her wrist. It glowed bright for a second before transforming into a gash against her wrist. Rin hissed for a moment at the sudden sting but dismissed it quickly.

"Everyone ready?" She asked, not taking her eyes off the gash as it whirled around.  The hum of the other members around her as she stared down at her wrist. Numbers burying itself, coordinates to where Sasuke and Itachi would battle.

Tsunade cleared her throat before speaking. "Then, I hereby assign you the mission of locating and capturing Uchiha Itachi!" She declared, "Be careful, and watch each other's backs out there!"

"Yes, ma'am!" They shouted.

Rin waited till the two remaining Sanin turned their backs, their muddy steps heading back towards the sleepy Leaf village. The girl grinned as she crouched and slammed her hands on to the dirt.

The giant red circle spread out as the others took off into the forest. "I summon thee, Inu yōkai!" The circled glowed a bloody red, the ground broke open revealing giant white dogs which scratched at the surface. Their giant maws and white silky paws poked out of the circle, making their way upwards into the soaked earth.

Rin reaches towards her thigh where the kunai that she had previously strapped on for occasions like this. She held it in her palm before slitting her hand open, squeezing the wound tight to let the blood drip to the ground as a sacrifice.

The six demon dogs growled, their eyes glowing black as night. They all reached out and circled the summoner. Rin rolled her eyes, angering them at the lack of disrespect. But before they could jump and attack she held out her hand to the them. "Obey!" She glared, her eyes glowing a vibrant red. In fear of the king that stood above them in rank and in power they all bowed and lowered their heads, whimpering for forgiveness.

Rin stood up, her black cargo pants dirty. She took a deep breath, exhaling a puff of frozen air. The cut on her hand  quickly sealed itself shut as she smeared the rest of the blood onto her white cloak. "I only have a limited time to get to the location. Let's move it." She called out. With a frown she took  off, running foreword into the forest and jumping into the trees. The demon dogs following closely behind their master.

Making headway to the north she nibbles on her cold lips. "Kakashi is summoning his ninkin to hunt down the scent and Akamaru is also tracking them down. Team Eight specializes in tracking in general, Hinata has her eyes and Shino had his bugs." She called out to the demons dogs listening,  closing her eyes for a moment, millions of ideas running through her head. "I should've thought of this earlier instead of winging it like an idiot." She groaned to herself, the dogs behind her glanced at each other. The risks of an idea forming in their head.

"Don't think of it," she frowned, her voice cutthroat. "If you do, I'll have you bodies hung on the seven gates. A warning to those who dare threaten my authority. I owe your souls." Rin seethed. "Three of you run about," the girl reached into her pack and pulled out one of Sasuke's dirty week old socks. "I need all of you to mimic this smell, and his form. As for his chakra, keep the limited amount to keep someone alive. Avoid any and all bugs." Rin threw the sock back to the six demon dogs. "Disperse as soon as you lock the smell and change."

The girl stopped and turned around to watch the six of them take turns sniffing the stinky sock. With a howl from all six of them their ghostly like fur rippled turning into the familiar Uchiha she knew. With a wave of her hand the demon dogs dispersed, leaving behind six glowing silver bands on her wrist.

With the rain still pouring she jumped through the trees once more. This time heading towards the Akatsuki hideout. To meet with the giant shark man and his sword who stole thousands of souls.

Rin's eyes flamed their bloody red. A sickly grinned as her aura plumped itself with despair. "Cupids Wings." She whispered. The familiar red magic circle appearing on her back as her bones cracked to make way for the black feathered wings familiar to Death and the God of love.

Flapping them, she lifted herself past the heavy rain and up into the air within the many branches. Alone in the space she cockily tilted her head at the thought of a new body being added to her collection. An eighth devil in the making, Rin Dragneel, sin of desire.

The slow burn of three familiar numbers etched themselves into the delicate soft skin of her neck.

666