Chapter 75: Backup

Rin pulled her sword from her body and rushed the man who spat out the black thorns flew at her in retaliation. She slashed them in an arc, the wave of magic only clashed with the thorns. The magic blew back the area creating another crater in the ground around them. "I see you are strong," Mard Geer smirked. "A pity you aren't on our side where you belong demon."

Rin let out another laugh as she twisted the tip of the sword towards us vital organs only to miss, "Well some of us really enjoy the human world." She smiled. "It's quite entertaining." Mard Geer nodded as he threw another circle of thorns towards her. "It is, I believe that when I encountered Minerva's weakened body. The compassion in the woman who defeated her is certainly most interesting." He hummed.

Rin flew back from another attempted blow before tilting her head. "Do you hear that?" She asked. The demon tilted his head to the right and nodded. They both silently stared at the oncoming people, waiting for them to reveal themselves like meerkats.

Rin glanced back to Mard Geer when he was distracted and rushed foreword once more to try and hit him with her sword. Only to fail as he caught and shattered the blade. "It was worth a try," the man sent a flower that released chains and spikes.

Rin grippes the chains that came her way and pulled them towards her. She slipped a hand into her pants before pulling out a kunai she stole from Kakashi and stabbed it. She dragged it down, splitting the rose in half.

Jumping onto him she pulled the man down with a cry and aimed to stab him. But he placed a hand on his stomach and activated his curse. Thorns ripped her insides, patting the skin. The girl grinned as she cut the vine away. Her blood dripped black before the skin mended itself. Mard Geer scowled before channeling his magic into his palm.

"Rin!" The girl turned her head towards the sound as Mard Geer swiped his spell towards her. Rin pushed foreword and lunges with her kunai. The speed of Sting's light spell from his first landing right next to her.

"Rin!" Rogue hummed, he observed her appearance. "Are you alright?"

The girl scowled, "My powers aren't meant for battle like Wrath's. I can't do much except extract information and it's infuriating." She scowled. She drew two fingers in the air and wrote a sigil. "Hell Core: Oppression!" Chains shot up from the underworld below, ice cold as they chased after Mard Geer.

"How'd did you even get here?" She peered you're at her friend. "Erza sent us a letter filled with scribbles, her penmanship is something truly to marvel at. But once we deciphered it we rushed over. It took almost a day." Rin hummed as she shifted the chains in the air as Sting attacked.

"I will join him, but if you need to rest, please do so." Rogue nodded.

Rin rolled her eyes before sweeping her hand against to the ground to conjure up a blue flame. "Please," the girl scoffed. "I want to burn him alive."

The sky became dark as Rogue and Sting painted their bodies scraped with multiple injuries. Rin stood behind them as she pumped their bodies with her energy, transferring it over carelessly.

Mard Geer was in no better condition, his hair ruffled and skin singed and burnt. His clothes torn in places where Sting had tore at to get to his vital organs.

Hours had passed and as the battles raged on behind the trio and victories were one, theirs seemed to drag on forever. "He's been fighting with one hand and guarding that damned book! Look at him, he's still not tired!" Sting growled.

"We're fighting a demon from the book of Zeref. Of course he still has energy." Rin pursed her lips. "Are you feeling okay?" She lifted her hands from their backs once their breath had calmed down significantly.

"Of course." Sting winked. He stood up from his spot and rolled his shoulder.

"My dear don't you feel it?" Mard Geer smirked. "The end?"

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Rin rose an eyebrow as she motioned to the book in his hands. Mard Geer shook his head with a laugh. "No, though I suppose you can interpret it that way." He hummed. "But don't you feel it, in the ear. I know you're focused on this battle but please try and also pay attention to your surroundings."

Rogue stood up and froze. He let out a shiver as he stared off into a horizon. "No, he's right. Don't you feel it. Sting, stay still for a second." Rin rolled her eyes and pushed through the both of them.

"While you're doing that." She scowled, "I'll be beating the shit out of you!" Rin pulled the blue sword out of the seal once again. Shifting it in her hands she rushed foreword and tilted the sword in her grip.

Her eyes shifted red as Mard Geer blocked with his arm. "Finally getting serious are we?" He smiled. Rin scowled and said nothing. She turned her foot before pulling her sword down aiming for his neck. The demon blocked and he turned to kick Rin her stomach.

She dodged and ducked under his oncoming thorns, her blade aimed at his heart.