Chapter 59: Acceptance

Hidan's crackle grew louder as he struggled against Shikamaru's shadow. "Hate to break it to you! But I can still move!"

"Damnit!" Shikamaru struggled as Rin watched her follower tower over him. As much as she wanted to help it wasn't her revenge plot. And the boy knew that as he stared into the insane man's eyes.

"If only you believed in Jashin you'd still have a chance. She could step in a save you right now!" Shikamaru let out a grunt as sweat dripped from his forehead and into the dirt. "It wouldn't be too late to convert though. Change your ways," Hidan's mouth curved into a smirk as the blood dripped onto the ground in splatters.

"JUST KIDDING YOURE DEAD KID!" Hidan's eyes widened as Shikamaru held up his hand to block from the spike. Only for the shadows from the wires and treetops glued onto Hidan.

"Thanks anyways but I can save myself." Rin smirked as the glowing red faded from her eyes. Dimming to form her usual ruby.

"What the hell!" Hidan exclaimed.

"Shadow pull Jutsu!" Shikamaru closes his fist as the wires and tags tugged inward. They cut into the man's skin as the tag's sticky back glued onto the remains of his cloak.

"You, you little!" Shikamaru's smirk appeared on his face as Rin walked over to touch the body and smooth the wrinkles.

"Well well. Looks like I'm not out of chakra. Go figure huh?"

Hidan tried to lunge foreword only for the wires to stick into his skin. "You're, you're kidding right?!" Shikamaru threw a knife into a symbol that was signed into the dirt. A circle with a line across it.

"What are you doing?" Hidan groaned.

"Rin come here." Shikamaru said, pulling the girl back only for the ground to break away from where she stood. Hidan was still suspended above the hole as a circular chasm opened.

"When did you set this up?" Rin questioned as Hidan screamed obscenities.

"Long ago. Way before I caught up with the two of them." Hidan's eyes dilated. "When you curse someone you dig your own grave, don't you know why?" Shikamaru said holding up a familiar lighter.

"Enlighten me!" Hidan screamed.

"When you curse someone and take them out. You'll also be defeated in retribution. And that's why, you ended up digging up your own grave." The familiar click echoed as Shikamaru lit it. Hidan pulled on the wires once again, trying to escape.

The red eyed girl glared at him as she curled her hand beside her. A familiar black flame flickered in her hand causing the man to panic. "UCHIHA STOP IT!"

"You cursed my sensei dead. Can't keep you running around free." Shikamaru's thumb still flickering the switch.

Hidan let out a laugh. "I won't die even if you dismember my body and bury the pieces 6ft deep! I'll just chew my way out and keep seeking your throat!"

Shikamaru smirked over at Rin as she looked to the aide to see the numerous deer coming from the wood. "These woods are a special place in the land of fire. Only members of my clan are allowed here, anyone else is forbidden." Rin looked over at Shikamaru as his eyes glinted knowingly. Hidan stared into one of the deers eyes slowly watching the reflection of his horrified expression sink into his own brain.

"Once you step foot in here, we can watch you for eternity." Shikamaru continued to play with his mentors lighter. Rin looked over to see him shiver as the ghost of his mentor grabbed him.

The red eyed girl smirked as the light came to be. It's bright flame from the lighter flickered. A wave of peace washed over him. Rin quickly glanced away, not bothering to look at the ghost.

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH THAT?" Hidan radical yells reaching the calming haze that Shikamaru once had and now was returned.

"It's the will of fire. The will to protect our village." He said as his pale hand gracefully tossed the lighter.

Goodbye sensei.

The flame hit the explosive seals. Rin's eyes flowed red as the explosion before her blew smoke into her eyes, and into the air.

"You did good." She said, turning to Shikamaru as he stared foreword. He sunk down onto the dirt. He buried his head into his arms. The pineapple head's legs curled inward into his body.

He glanced upwards to Rin's eyes as she stared down at him. There red glow still present. "Why," He questioned. "Why did you come?"

Rin looked down at the hole as she approached it. "I don't know you lead ninja as close as I do Kakashi. And I don't know you that well either. But I know what I does feel to lose someone close to you." Rin huffed as she kicked the dirt over Hidan's face that cackled. "And while it may not look like I am partly responsible for Hidan." The girl scowled.

Her noir hair waved in the slight breeze that the wind carried. The deer that stood at the corner came over to kick at the dirt. There a silver undamaged lighter laid. Rin picked it up and fished her pocket for a two cigarettes that Wakaba carried.

"Want one?"she asked. Shikamaru nodded as the deer came to comfort him.
She lit the lighter without any challenge. He ignored her cold red eyes that seamed to glow brighter when he accepted the lit cigarette. Taking a slow puff he exhaled into the clear air.

"What do you mean you're partly responsible." The girl smiled bitterly as she looked down onto the dirt.

"Look at me, I summon the dead, have demon armies at my command and can bring the end of days at any second." Rin huffed out a cloudy breath. She tossed the silver lighter back to Shikamaru who caught it and gently held the object. "You're a certified genius, you can figure it out." She encouraged.

The silence between them was comforting. "You're not from here, this place in time nor space." Rin nods as she walks closer to the whole.

"Unfortunately so. When I first arrived here, the first name I received was Lord Jashin." The girl looked back at Shikamaru who now laid on the ground. A puff of smoke exiting her lips. "And when you're an angsty teen, you decide to make you convient cult." She sighed. "Which is why I must apologize again." Shikamaru stood up and walked over to where Rin looked down upon.

"You want to bring him back?" He questioned.

The girl looked up at Shikamaru's puffy face from all the sweat and chemicals. "The end of days is coming my dear Shikamaru. Gotta build an army now or never." She grinned jumping down.

Shikamaru huffed from above where he stood at the girl. Throwing his cigarette down the pit he walked away. The feeling of comfort washing over him.

"What a crazy woman." He smirked.

Rin landed on her two feet, keeping the lit cigarette in her mouth as she picked up a head. Hidan's head to be exact. He growled as Rin clutched his face and held him up, not caring if the blood dropped onto her clothes.

"Hidan?" She asked, her eyes turning glossy and red. Racing to the corners of the organ. "Don't worry," she cooed comfortingly. "It's I, Hidan. Jashin." Hidan's eyes softened as she brought him close and rocked his head in her arms. The shadows bending themselves to give her horns and a tail.

Wiping his hair from his face she asked a question that he thought he'd never hear from his lord. His precious lord who gave him immortality when he was pushed away. She gave a familiar comfort to him as she peered down at him with expecting eyes.

"Yes." He whispered.

Jashin, Rin gave a sly smirk as she inhaled the black smoke that exited from Hidan's mouth. Just grazing his lips. He felt the seal burn across his forehead in a dead language he did not know.

Rin smiled as she rocked his head back and fourth. Hidan was just one of those special ones he thought silently. The ones who sided in their God's arms as the end of days was upon them. Rin smiled as his purple eyes closed silently. Falling into a very deep sleep.

A/N

I love in Naruto Shippuden episode 88 Kakashi gives a lesson on summoning when Rin "verbally" outs herself as a summon.

Also worry not I have plans for Hidan and he shall be coming up later!!