Chapter 74: Mard Geer

The wooden body rippled as it splintered off to reveal a fleshier inside being created and stabilized by magic. Sasori and Kakuzu took a step back as they watched the undead Akatsuki member gain a new life form.

Once the sequence had stopped, Hidan had cracked his shoulders before rolling them back. He moved his fingers, then his toes, then his ears. "It's good to be back!" He grinned while bending backwards and doing a flip. He sat down in a split and rolled foreword. "Perfect! Just like how it was!"

"If you get your head chopped off again I won't be making you a new body." Sasori frowned before rolling up his scroll. He looked over to Rin who heaved as she desperately leaned on the fleshy Natsu for support.

"How long will it take for you to recover?" Kakuzu voiced.

She blinked as the glow faded from her eyes and breathed in one more time. "A moment, but," she nodded towards the sky where a giant in armour and a sword headed downwards. His moustache unmistakable, "it looks like we won't have to do much when the king of to cosmos has arrived. I'm assuming Lucy had summoned him."

He flew downwards, straight towards them as Hidan had stretched behind the group. They watched Rin track the King of the Stars' movements as he cut through the cube in front of them. His sword slicing though the beast like butter.

The gravity that once lifted and maintained the cube in the air was broken as they started to fall. Rin unfurled her wings and grabbed onto Hidan as he screamed in a panic from his mid split. She yanked his arm upwards as Sasori and Kakuzu jumped down from the debris.

The cube crashed to the ground, smoke plummeting into the air. Rin maintained stability as she swiftly darted down onto the ground. She landed down softly and let go of Hidan's scruff. "Find Sasori, he has your three pronged scythe. Then fight those demons. I'm going after Mard Geer." Her face split into a sadistic smile. "I'm going to slaughter him."

Hidan nodded and ran off barefoot. Rin flapped her wings as she flew down towards where the king battled Mard Geer under the red light. She flew low as thorns had erupted from the ground and dodged them as they sprouted.

Lucy's cries were unmistakable as she laid crippled on the ground. Rin sighed as she picked up the girl and yanked her up and moved her from the debris. "Lucy." She said, but was ignored as she continued to hold a broken key in her hand.

Rin frowned as she flew a bit further before placing her onto the ground softly. She laid her sword behind her and quickly pulled the blonde into a hug. Behind the two, debris tumbled down as someone had stepped on top of the mush.

"You did this didn't you!" The voice had an accusatory tone as Rin rolled her eyes. She took her cold hands and wiped the tears off of Lucy's face, and untied the knot of Rogue's flannel. Rin wrapped the remaining cloth around Lucy; To preserve her dignity. She quickly buttoned up the cloth as the voice continued to shout. "Stop with the pitiful blubbering and answer me! Whenever I see someone crying like that, it makes me want to gouge out their eyes!"

The voice quickly got annoyed at the lack of response and aimed an explosion at them. Rin, hastily picked up the sword and turned to block only to let with a bible of water. "AQUARIUS!" Lucy choked out, "AQUARIUS ARE YOU THERE!"

The girl scowled as the water bubbled has burst and the blonde had fallen down, searching. The key in her hands started to emit a blue aura that enveloped Lucy's body. "Hey why are you glowing like some kind of star! Are you trying to pull some freaky stunt!"

"I can feel it!" Lucy's voice was lighter as she looked around, only to hold the girl in front of her. Rin gave a weak smile, obviously not knowing what was happening. "I can feel her magic power!"

"Aquarius had a great deal of magic power in her hands," the celestial king who spoke behind them said, "and now that is shared with you."

"Celestial Spirit King!" Lucy turned around to face the giant who towered over every living being.

"Use it! Stand up!" Rin felt Lucy grip tighter onto her shoulder as she lifted the girl upwards and onto her feet. Rin moves away once she felt the girl was able to stand on her own.

"Ill leave this to you." She smiled. Lucy nodded as she started mumbling her ultimate spell. The girl took off and headed past her and towards the King who ruled the skies who battled it out with self proclaimed king of hell. She watched as the various lights flood the sky and move across the land, melting the flesh. The blues, purples, pinks and black cosmos reflected on the ground as she glided close to the stone. Her body pushing foreword as she raced to commit a murder.

The Celestial King has surrounded himself in golden light. "But before I go, I shall leave the next task to my tinier friend," Mard Geer whipped around, turning his back to the Celestial king. "For she is one of the true kings of hell." Rin grinned widely, as she almost split her face.

The man with the End book turned around to face Rin. She stood tall as she swung her sword in her hand. "I guess it's time for me to tap in, isn't it not Mard Geer." She scowled. "We talked earlier." Rin felt her skin break away as white horns grew from her temple, curving backwards with a curl.

"I guess you are." Mard Geer smirked. Rin leaned back on her right foot and unfurled her wings once more. With all her weight she pushed off towards the man who claimed king.