Chapter 61: Party of Four

Rin dug under the the ground, her shoveling bringing annoyance to the deer that watched over her from the edge of the Nara forest. The sun beat down on both living beings as the hum that followed peacefully echoed alone.

"I know," She cried out stomping on the shovel. "I'm sorry!" She cried out to the deer who peered at her empty eyed. "I just can't get the body up!"

The deer huffed and walked over to the ground and dug it's hoof in the ground. She smiled at the animal and pulled out some blackberries. "Here." She smirked. The deer nuzzled her hand before eating out of her hand.

"I'll take care of the rest no need to worry." She said wiping her sweat and digging once more. Only to hit a soft piece of flesh. The black haired girl smirked and jumped into the hole.

Her fingered dusted over the tense stitching that held the body suspended over the dirt. Rin wrinkled her nose at the smell of decaying flesh. But dusted off the remaining dirt.

Her eyes glowed a faint red as she mumbled a spell under her breath to revive the immortal. Black smoke poured out from her lips as she felt her energy drain.

The vapor snaked it's way into Kakazu's rotten mouth and flowed into his chakra network. His soul being forced back into his body. The old man's eyes snapped open only to reveal them as totally black.

"Kakazu," she hissed out, pulling him onto his feet. The man's tendrils whipped around wildly as he tried to attack her. The sharp point of the wire cutting through air only to freeze an inch away from Rin's face as she held up her hand passively.

With a flick of her wrist the wire pulled Kakazu back, the force yanked him a few feet away from her. "Now, bow down" she seethed. "I own your soul and as your king I place my will onto your own."

Kakazu's eyes glossed over as he nodded in acceptance.

Rin stood before the Hokage as the woman placed a scroll before her. The sun setting in the background, giving way for the night to come."As we know now you are the only one that has knowledges of one of Orochimaru's bases. This is because of your contact with Sasuke. And we have knowledge of some Akatsuki movements because of your contact with the double agent..." the hokage paused looking slightly disturbed. "And the deceased Akatsuki members you had collected." She whispered, avoiding the eyes of a bored Sasori, a grinning Hidan head, and a silent Kakazu." The three Akatsuki members loomed menacingly over Rin.

The girl sighed and slouched, her mask tilting off her face as she looked into Lady Tsunade's eyes. "I don't mean to be rude, but where are you going with this?" She questioned. The woman coughed into her hand as her attention snapped onto Rin's eyes.

"What I mean Chien, is that we sent Dog on a mission with Team 8 on scouting for more bases as a decoy. And now we have an hour set of Orochimaru's assassination. As soon as you get confirmation I want you to raid the bases immediately." Rin frowned behind her mask.

The girl shifted in her ANBU armor, the plating feeling heavy for the first time. "I," she paused. "Of course my lady. My team and I will get on it right away." Tsunade nodded in appreciation and turned her back to face the Leaf Village below her.

"You may leave, your mission starts soon." Rin nodded even though Tsunade could not see it and snatched the scroll with what can only be described as desire.

Rin walked down the hallway that lead away from the Hokage's office. A burning fire of annoyance burned in her chest. With a huff she turned towards the two men who were with her and Hidan's head.

"Sasori." She looked into the red head's eyes. "You still have that contract with the scorpions, right?" She asked.

"Of course." He said, his cat eyes burning out of boredom.

Rin nodded and looked at Kakazu and Hidan. Taking the man's head she lifted it up in the moonlight to inspect him, shifting him side to side and for once, he was quiet. Still in awe of the person he praised.

"Sasori, after I wash him, we'll need a body. I assumed you finished?" She asked looking at him from the corner of her eyes.

The red head narrowed his eyes but stayed quiet. "Yes, of course."

"Kakazu," she spoke, bringing the old man's attention into her. "I want you to get supplies and maps for the three of you." She then faced her attention on all three of them. "Meet me at the village gate in one hour, oh and," she smirked. "Don't forget to wear your masks." With that the girl melted into the shadows and into the darkness. Along with Hidan's head.

Sasori and Kakazu looked at each other for a good moment. A silence washing over them, and without the violent silver haired Hidan between them it was something both could appreciate.

That is until they both stepped forward at the same time.

And the next step after that.

Rin whipped Hidan's head as he babbled on like a baby in her kitchen sink back home on Earthland.

An obviously exhausted Sting and Rouge has just arrived home from their last job. Along with both exceeds who seemed to be asleep on the couch. Rouge nodded in acknowledgement towards the girl but hurried to his own bed.

Sting huffed as he wrapped his arms around Rin, silencing Hidan who glared up at him. " 'Nother mission?" He questioned, not paying attention to the head in his sink.

Rin leaned back as she pushed Hidan's hair back with her hands and into a ponytail. "I leave in an hour." She smiled at her work and wiped the speck of blood off the head's cheek.

Sting hummed as he leaned foreword to bury his face in her hair. "And may I asked whose in our sink?" His question muted by the hair slightly.

"My cult follower." She said nonchalantly. "I like him, he's got spunk."

Sting blinked as he leaned back up to kiss the side of her head. "Whatever you say babe." He let his arms fall and walked to their bedroom. "See you in the morning?" He asked.

The girl nodded. "Night!" She called out, letting both Sting and Rouge echo back before she faded.