Chapter 67: Itachi Uchiha

Rin stopped and hissed at the sudden burning of her neck, peering into the river she pulled the cloak away and stretched the skin around the burn. The burning number in her flesh like the other devils had proudly shown in the underworld.

"I guess it is finally time." She mumbled pushing the fabric back. The red magic encircling her wrist tugged back, Rin winced as Sasuke leaned how to send distress signals.

Rin huffed as she flicked her wrist. Ruffling her wings she pushed her hair back to the front. "I'll deal with you later." She glared at her reflection in the water. The mirror image only grinned and waved goodbye.

Rin huffed and flew away.

In front of the building there stood two a Akatsuki members. One Rin has recognized as his mangekyo sharingan eyes bore into hers intensely. But the man with the sword she did not know of. His pale blue skin stuck out against the abandoned structure and the aura the sword was giving off was rolling in waves.

"Hello Itachi," she said ignoring the shark man next to him. Itachi looked down at the younger girl, his unfocused eyes having trouble noticing her.

"Rin Dragneel, a summon." He whispered under his breath. The black haired girl hummed lowly.

"Not today," she said reaching out to hold the man's hand. "Im here as your own personal angel of death." She smiled softly even though he could not see it, he could feel it on her face. "To make the transition easier." She said.

"I'm going to be one of your husks I assume." He asked.

"Only temporarily, then I'll send your soul to the pits of hell." The fish man furrowed his eyebrows before joining the conversation.

"Hey, I don't know what religious bull crap-"

"It's not religious bull crap" her eyes glowed a dark red. "Why do you think that religions around the world have a set underworld system. A treat for a good life and terrible one. It had to come from somewhere...besides," Rin mumbled, "belief is a powerful thing." Kisame scowled before backing away.

"Rin..." Itachi frowned, placing a hand on her face so he could feel something other that the cloudiness. "I want to rest." He whispered.

Rin frowned, and stood still. While she was no fortune teller or had no idea how to connect with the fates. Even she was not dumb enough to not notice the growing tensions in the ninja world. Gripping his chilly hand in her own, she breathed on them to create some warmth. "You will, Itachi." She mumbled. "Just let me perform my rights, to ensure safe passage."

Itachi stood still for a moment, "I always thought that my last prayers would be to a god I doubted existed. Never to the devil who I knew to be real."

Rin grinned and turned to the fish man. "Sharp teeth," she scowled. "I'll be right back, team Taka should be an hour away." Kisame walked over to Itachi and slammed his shoulder with his hand. The weight comforting to the older Itachi as he stood close to the people he's been acquainted with for the past three years.

"Dango?" Kisame asked simply.

Itachi nodded and let Rin lead him into the dingy, damp building.

The hallways were covered with vines as they crawled up into the roof. The floor was damp as the mold clung to the ceilings. Rin led Itachi down to the table that sat in the center. She pushed him down and helped the man get comfortable.

"When was the last time you ate? You're light." Rin asked. She said watching him reposition himself.

"What's the ritual?" He asked. Rin sighed but nonetheless let him get away with it. She reached into her sleeve and pulled out a singular kunai and slit her palm open.

The wound opened up slowly from the years of opening cuts (for ritual purposes) on them they were marred with scars. Dipping her other finger in the dark blood she walked behind the man and pushed his cloak and mesh aside.

His sick pale skin contrasting the numerous sigils she had drawn on him. They circled his back, the sets of symbols inclosing the space as they repeated per sequence.

"Are you ready?" Rin asked softly, only to receive a quiet hum in response. She nodded to herself and placed her hand on his expansive back now filled with magic and whispered to herself. "Hell magic: Death's embrace."

The writing in her magic circle glowed a soft red before the wheels started to twist itself into the set sequence. When it clicked into place, the writing formed a small spider in the center. It's legs grew outward before expanding, the lines reached back and his front chest.

Rin pulled down his shirt and fixed his cloak. "That was relatively less painful than I thought it would be." The girl shrugged as she walked in front of him.

"Though we did not know each other well and when I walk out the door, we'll forget about each other," Rin sighed as she looked away from Itachi's tired eyes. "I'll miss you Itachi, you were a good confidant," she smirked. "And a great friend. I'll know of it when even I'll forget." She smiled.

Itachi smiled tiredly as he reached up to pat the girl's head one last time. "You too." He smiled. Rin blinked before nodding slowly. His hand slowly slipped off her head and all that was left was a pile of raven feathers.

Rin stepped outside the building appearing next to Kisame silently. "Where will you bury him?" She asks, shifting her gaze towards him.

Kisame grunted and looked down at the girl. "The Uchiha grounds are nearby, I should count myself lucky that your village kicked the compound out decades ago. I won't have trouble sneaking in." He said earnestly.

Rin nodded to herself as she pulled the hood up above her head. The smell of rain slowly seeping in. Just as Team Taka rounded the corner.