Part 32

Ananya’s Pov:

It’s been two days Shiv left for his exercise. No call or text after he reached. Here I’m waiting for his call. The feeling of not to hear his voice is killing me inside. I’m dying to hear his voice. I was so in my deep thought that I couldn’t realise that my phone is ringing on my hand. It’s an unknown number. I smiled thinking it maybe Shiv. I answered it.

“Hello.”

“Hi, Ananya.” It’s a women voice. I’m  sad that it’s not Shiv. Wait! She knew my name.

“Do I know you? I mean do you know me?” my heart is pounding like crazy. Does something happen to Shiv? What am I thinking?

“It’s Shiv mom. Shiv gave me your number before leaving for his exercise.”

“Namaste aunty. How’re you?” I don’t know what to ask.

“I’m good beta, I’ll be better if you call me mom instead of aunty.”

“Ok, m…. mom.”

“He knew that you’ll be tensed about him that’s why he asked me to talk to you. I’m happy that Shiv really has someone by his side. He never shared what he was feeling inside. Now, I’m relieved. Do come to visit me, this is your home also. You’re a part of it now. So, don’t hesitate to come.”

“I’ll surely visit you. Can I call you anytime, mom? I really feel relaxed after talking to you.”

“Of course. Call me anytime you want. I’ll be happier.”

“Thank you, mom.”

After talking sometime, we ended our conversation. She is really nice person. My would be mother-in-low. I’m indeed lucky. The heaviness which I was feeling is gone now but the emptiness without Shiv is still there.

*****

Shiv called on Sunday morning. It was two minutes conversation. After a week I heard his voice. he told me that he can call only on Sunday. So, I eagerly wait for Sunday to come fast.

Mom calls me and I also call her whenever I feel lonely. We gossip about Shiv. Yeah! I came to know some special childhood moments of Shiv. Once he comes back, I’m definitely going to make fun of him. And I know mom would be with me. I got partner to tease him.

My final semester exam schedule is out. This reminds me I have only few days here. The sadness of leaving this place is really making me anxious and the thought of Shiv isn’t here with me in my last days isn’t helping either. Yesterday, he called me to inform that they’ve to stay couple of days more. Literally I feel like crying but I didn’t. He wished me luck for my exam.

Harshi is also sad, she has one more year to complete. In next semester she is going to shift in university hostel. According to her, she won’t be able to stay here without me, the memories of me will haunt her. Silly girl. I’ll really miss her.

I’ve applied for internship in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Delhi and Dehradun. I haven’t told anyone about this. I'm waiting for the confirmation letter then I’ll tell everyone.

My exam ended yesterday. I thought Shiv will come before I went from here but the last call from him really disappoint me. Why they extended their staying again? I hope he is fine. He sounded very sad and guilty. But I know it’s not his fault.

I cried after ending the call with him. I just wanted to see his face before leaving.

*****