Part 36

Ananya’s Pov:

It’s been a month since Shiv left to Shillong. I stayed with mom for one week. I didn’t want to leave her alone, but I had to come to my apartment. As I promised, I go there on my weekends.

And today is Friday. I’m in still office but mom already called me and told me that she cooked my favourite snack for our evening tea. I’m excited.

*****

My phone buzzes, it’s an incoming call from Papa.

“Hello, papa.”

“Hi! Ani, I’m in Delhi. I had a conference here. Be ready, I’m coming to get you.” He sounds happy.

“To get me?”

“Yes, you’re coming with me to Dehradun. We were missing you, specially your brother. He requested me to take you while I return.” I couldn’t help but laugh at that, I know he just need me there to fight with me. He is getting bored without me.

“Papa I’m still in office.”

“No problem beta, I’ll wait for you.”

“Okay, I’ll try to come fast.”

I’m in a great dilemma now. On the one side, I can’t control the excitement to see my family after so long and on the other side the sadness to tell mom that I can’t come today.

I called mom and told my situation. She was happy to know that I’m going home to spend some family days with them. But I know, she’ll feel lonely without me. It makes me sad.

I tried many times to call Shiv, but I couldn’t connect with him. His phone is out of reach. It’s because of poor network quality. I know it, because I faced it when I was in Shillong. I sent a message to him, but it still not delivered yet. I finished my work and informed Neeraj that I won’t go with him today. He drops me at Shiv’s home whenever I go from office.

*****

When I got near my apartment building, Papa was already waiting for me with his driver. I invited them to my apartment because it’ll take time to pack my bags. I gave them two glass of juices. After I packed my bags for the weekend we left for Dehradun.

It’s like I’m in a dream and Papa is calling my name.

“Ani, your phone is ringing continuously. Ani…” I didn’t know when I fall asleep. I look at my phone. Its Shiv. I must take it, or Papa will ask why I didn’t take my call and Shiv will be worried.

“Hello Harshi, I was trying your call but couldn’t connect it, you got the message?”

“I don’t know whether Harshi got the message or not, but I got it. So, going to Dehradun?”

“Yes, on my way.”

“Sir is with you?”

“Yes. I’ll message you after I reached, okay? Bye for now.”

“Bye”

******

Ananya’s Mom Pov:

“Do you know who I met today?”

“Whoever you met I think it made you very happy. Now, tell me who you met.”

“It's Sukhdev.”

“You mean, Lieutenant Colonel Sukhdev Kaur from Chandigarh.” We met them when we were in Ferozepur Cantt.