Part 24

Ananya’s pov:

“Harshi, I don’t want to put effort on my look. This make up and dress up, won’t work on Shiv. He already made his mind to leave me. So, this dinner is just for namesake, simply a promise he doesn’t want to break. I think, this is going to be our last meeting, after this who would know we will meet or not.” Harshi was trying to convince me to dress up nicely and wear make-up.

“No, I’m not going to listen to you today. And who said, this isn’t going to work on my dear Shiv bhaiya. Yes, this make-up and all doesn’t matter to him. Because, he loves you the way you are and it clearly shows on his face. But you don’t know boys, they love specially, when someone gets ready for them only. So, chill and seat on the chair silently. He should know, what an epitome of beauty with full of innocence, he is losing because of his idiotic thoughts.” Harshi said.

Anyone can think that his thought is baseless but only I know the secret behind this, why he is doing all of this. Harshi doesn’t know about Shiv’s father, how he died. I know, Shiv is still in his fathers mourn. He is still carrying the sorrow in his heart. He isn’t able to come out from it. Because of that, the fear of death is in his mind like a shadow. All these days, I have tried to think through his point of view. And I guess, his father’s death would be a reason of his behaviour. The fear of dying and leaving your loved one behind.

“Done.” Finally!

I look at the mirror. Simple natural look yet classy. Ahemm… I’m talking about the make-up, not about my look. I wear a black jean pant with a floral printed sleeveless top and I’m carrying a much-needed white colour cardigan because of the chilly weather at night. It’s already 7.20 pm, I have to go. I already informed aunty that I’m going out. I have messaged Shiv to inform him that I’m out for Police bazar. The heart of the Shillong city. I still have not explored the city because of my classes, except a church. I was about to open the gate, the ringtone of my mobile stopped me. Yeah, none other than my today’s date, Shiv. Shiv is calling. I have received the call, holding the mobile by one hand and opening the gate by the other one.

“Are you sure that you have left your PG?” after listening his question, I look here and there. There, he is.  Wearing a blue full sleeve shirt with a black pant, looking handsome. He is standing near his car and holding his phone near his ear and looking at my direction. I rolled my eyes. I told him that I can go by taxi. But he couldn’t listen to me. Leaving me no option, I walk towards his car. He opens the passenger door for me. I whispered a thank you to him. He went to his seat and start the car. He isn’t speaking anything rather than driving. I’m feeling restless and nervous now. Wait, he turned the car in right direction but police bazar was in left direction. Why are we going in Sohra road? Where are we going now?

“We were about go Police bazar, right?” I asked Shiv.

“Yes. But I want to have my dinner at a peaceful place rather than hustle bustle of city. I have selected a restaurant, which is offering good food as well as a peaceful environment. I think, it is fine with you.” It’s fine but why didn’t he tell me earlier?

“Yes, it’s fine.” I look at the outside of the window. I have never come to this side. It’s looking beautiful even in night.

After driving around 15 minutes, Shiv stopped the car and get down from the car. I look around the area. Shiv again open the door for me like a gentleman. I took my purse and mobile and stepped out from the car. Oh my god! It’s colder than our area where we are staying. Thank god, I’m carrying the cardigan. Shiv is waiting and looking at me.

“Can you please hold the purse and my mobile?” I asked him.

“yeah, sure. Give me.” I gave him and quickly wear the cardigan.

“Thank you”

“It’s my pleasure.” He smiles at me.
The restaurant is surrounded by Pine trees and under the Pine trees, there are wooden benches to seat. It’s indeed a beautiful view. We entered the restaurant, the interior design is beautiful, they are using mainly traditional objects. Romantic Bollywood song is playing in the restaurant and it feels good to hear. It's rare to hear a hindi song in Shillong. A waiter came and lead us to a two-seater table.

The boy was about to pull out the chair for me but Shiv came and did for me. Ok, this was an awkward moment. I seated and smiled at the boy. He smiled me back and went towards the counter.

“Why did you smile at him?” Shiv asked raising his eyebrow at me, like it’s pissing him off.

“Is it a crime?” without replying I asked him.

“No.” a straight reply and start to look at the menu. I also took the other menu which is on the table. All dishes seem mouth-watering. I’m confused now. I cleared my throat to have Shiv’s attention. He looks at me.

“You decided, what you want to have?” he asked me.

“Anything will fine with me.”

“ok” he indicated the boy to come. The boy came with a notepad and a pen.

“Yes, what you want to order Sir.” The boy asked with his professional voice.

“We still not decided yet. So, can you suggest us?” Shiv asked politely.

“Yes sir, for dinner I would suggest you our restaurant special the combo meal. It has starter, main course and the dessert.”

“Is it okay with you?” Shiv asked me.

“Yeah” Shiv nodded at the boy with a confirmation. The boy is gone after noted down in the notepad. Okay, we’re alone now. I look at the other peoples, some of are enjoying their meals and some of are talking and smiling. I turn my gaze to look at Shiv who is already looking at me. Our eyes meet and my heart beat start to quicken from normal. I lowered my gaze.

“So, what are planning to do after this?” asking about my future, I see where this is heading.

“I’ve not planned anything yet. But I hope, I’ll surely figure it out before completing the course.” I replied with a smile. I don’t know till then; you’ll be with me or not. But it’ll be final today, it’ll be up to you whether you want to be with me or not. Don’t disappoint me Shiv. I’ve a high hope on you.

“Where are you lost?” Shiv asked me, looking somewhat worried.

“Uhm…I…I’ve something to tell you. No! ask you. I’ve something to ask you.” Don’t know how to start it. What if he got angry on me? I don’t wanna ruin our date.

“Yes, ask me.” He is looking like he is ready to answer all of my questions.

“No, not now. After having dinner we’ll talk.” I send an assuring smile to him. Hope, everything will be fine between us.

**********