Part 20

Ananya's pov:

Back to regular life. The day start like other normal days. Waking up at mummy's call, papa's caring voice but today Shiv also called me, when I was on the way to uni. Enquired about my breakfast, whether I took or not and started his lecture like papa, you've to eat this, you've to eat that. You've to eat on this this time... blah blah blah. It's annoying, you know. But according to our matchmaker Miss Harshita Bhattacharjee, he cares for me. That's why he is worried about me. And she's angry with me because I didn't say yes to the dinner immediately.

From morning, some unexpected things are happening. Firstly, Shiv called and secondly, when I entered to class everyone asked me about my health, whether I'm fine or not. But one particular guy catch my concern. One of my classmate Hrishikesh, he tried to talk with me and asked me about my absence, with whom I never shared my name even, as I remember. When I told Priya about this, her reply even shocked me more.

"You know, he asked me about you. Why you were not coming? What happened to you? Firstly, I thought, it was just a concern or he just noticed your absence. But no, again one day he asked me about your address. Where you're staying? And which hospital you were admitted? When you were going to discharge from hospital? He even tried to get your number also." Seriously, who did that? Now, I realise even more when Priya told me about his behaviour. I recalled our conversation. He was like a desperate person, who was waiting only for my arrival. The way he looked at me. Uff! I don't want to think about it.

I have to maintain a distance from him.

Except Hrishikesh part, the day went well. Shiv called me even at my lunch break. Yeah, to check. Repeating his famous dialogue " I don't want you to end up in hospital again." Saying that he cut the call not without remembering me about the DINNER. He said, he just suggested a simple way to pay my debts. It's up to me now, whether I'm taking the chance or not. Yeah, it's up to me now Mr Kapoor.

Did you really mean that what you said at the hospital Shiv? Or you just said it out of concern? Arrggghh! Why am I thinking about him now? But what about his concerns? His care. I'm in puzzle now.

I look at Harshi, who is busy on her phone.

"Harshi" I wishper her name. I don't want to scare her when she is engaging on her phone.

"Ummm..what happen?" She left her phone and looking at me. Her full concentration is on me now. I'm in dilemma to tell her about the Hrishikesh guy or not.

"There is a guy, Hrishikesh..." I couldn't even complete my sentence

"WHAT! You're thinking of another guy? Not about my Shiv bhaiya. Wait" she takes her phone and dial Shiv number. Oh my God!

"Harshi, listen to me first. Why are you calling Shiv?" Are she mad or what?

"I don't wanna listen anything. You were thinking about another guy and there my my bhaiya is dreaming about you. It can't be a love triangle. And before it happens, I have to stop it. So, I'm calling Shiv bhaiya." So childish act, this is. And at the mid way of her talking, shiv received the call and listening. I guess. Uff! I'm in a deep shit. His voice coming to my ears, what he had told me at hospital.

"Think and dream about ME only. Not other boys." But I didn't think about Hrishikesh, right? And what will happen if I thought about him? Why am I afraid to Shiv? There is nothing to afraid. What will he do to me? He can't do anything. He doesn't have right on me. But why am I acting like he has rights on me?

My chain of thoughts broke at Harshi's clearing throat.

"Now, tell me whom you were thinking about?" As if I'm going to tell her. I rolled my eyes.