Part 28

Ananya’s Pov:

“Ani, I’m going to come here every day. The brownie was yummy.” Licking her lips which made us laugh. Thank god, she is looking refreshing because a grumpy Harshi is very hard to handle. We stop our laughing when Harshi’s phone start to ring. At this hour’s both of our parents don’t call us. It must be Jai.

“Hey baby, missing me?” usually I don’t like when people call their bf or gf baby but when Harshi calls that I can feel the love in her voice. I hear a clearing throat. I look at Shiv with a confusing look. He is in my left side. He came down to my level. What happen to him now?

“So, from when are you going to call me baby?” whispered in my ear in a teasing voice.

“Never.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Learn something from Harshi.” With his signature smirk and mischievous smile. Aha, Mr. Kapoor wants to play.

“Seriously! You are no five. You have a well-built body and more importantly a soldier. Do you really want me to call you baby? If you want, I can call you now. I’ve no problem.” asked him narrowing my eyebrows. Indicating that we are in the campus itself. It’s my turn to smirk. I think he got my point.

“Don’t. It’s my fault that I teased you.” I want to laugh now but somehow supress it. Harshi is in her world, talking with Jai. It’s good that she didn’t hear our conversation.

Finally! Harshi ended her call and mumbled a sorry to me.

“Okay then, we are going.” We bid goodbye to Shiv. He rubbed my hand before leaving. How badly I wanted him to hold my hand for a longer time, at least for more seconds. But he has duty now.

This reminds me a song. Yeah, I’m crazy, even in this situation I’m thinking a song. But I like me better when I’m with you, Shiv….

Though, we are staying nearly, don’t know when I’ll see him again. We both have tight schedule. He has duty, I have my classes.

“Someone is looking sad. May I know the reason, why?” Harshi asked me playfully. She already knows the reason.

“Don’t you miss Jai? I mean, it’s almost three months you haven’t seen him.” Without replying her, I asked her. We have reached or PG, I unlock the door. Harshi directly went to her bed and fell down closing her eyes.

“I do. Everyday. It was my decision to stay away from him, not completely mine but I agreed to my parent’s decision to study here. You know, they thought loving Jai at young age isn’t a good idea. It’s not serious in their eyes. So basically, they sent me away from Jai. And even if I refused them, they would take it as a childish decision of mine because of Jai, which I didn’t want. Btw they like Jai. Literally, I can’t understand them, what they want.” She is now sitting on the bed holding her head.

“Hey, don’t be sad. I think they just want to be sure if you both are serious or not. Parents are just like that you know. So, don’t grow hard feelings for them.” I don’t know what to say but I just want her happy face back.

“Even Jai told me like this. At first, I was upset but later I understood. Jai said I’m their only child that’s why they are overprotective of me.”

“I’m thankful that he puts some sense in your mind and you came here. You know, you are lucky that you have Jai in your life.” trying to lighten her mood, in which I’m very bad.

“I know, I’m.” now she is grinning.

“Jai will come to take me from here at winter vacation. He already applied for leave. You won’t go early right?” she is asking me with hope.