Part 34

Ananya’s Pov:

Tonight, I’m sharing the bed with mom. She is already slept because of tiring day with lots of stress, I guess. A message from Shiv pop up in my phone.

“Are you awake?” send text from other side of the house to know if I’m awake, I chuckled soundlessly thinking of it.

“No”

“You’re Ananya’s ghost?”

“Yup.”

“Come to my room. I am not feeling sleepy. Please”

“I’m not coming.” How can I go when mom is sleeping beside me?

“Why?” Uff! this guy.

“What if mom woken up and find out that I’m not on the bed?”

“We’re not going to do any crime, Love. So, are you coming?”

“ok, coming”

He is in the balcony of his room, sitting on the cosy swing. I went there and sit beside him.

“What are you thinking?”

“Us. I’m thinking about us. How lucky I’m that I have you in my life. But I’m the selfish one who still not ask about your life how it is going here. So, how’s Delhi treating you?”

“I’m good. I think Delhi is treating me well enough so far.”

“So, how is your internship going on?”

“Amazing. Actually, we’re doing far better than other interns. Our seniors even appreciated us because of our hard work. And Neeraj is a good guy, very hard working and helping me a lot with my works. He...”

“Wait, who is Neeraj?” Shiv didn’t let me complete my sentence and asked about Neeraj.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you, they assign us to do the project in a group and Neeraj is my project partner.”

“Ok. I’m sleepy.” What happen to him so suddenly? Sometimes ago he wasn’t sleepy but now? I’m overthinking it. It’s because of the journey, I guess.

He kept his head on my lap and closed his eyes. He holds my hand and kept on his chest. I can feel his heartbeat. I put the other hand on his head and start to stroking his hair. He is looking so attractive in the moonlight. So calm and peaceful.

“Truthfully speaking, right now I’m feeling jealous of this Neeraj guy.” He opened his eyes and looking at me intensely.

“Wh…Why?” why he is jealous of Neeraj?

“Because he spends more time with you than me and there must be something special about this guy that you spoke so highly of him in front of me. So, I’m literally jealous of him.”

“You know I only love you, Shiv?”

“Yes, I have no doubt about this but you know I don’t like his name in your mouth.”

“You’re overthinking it.”

“Maybe I’m.” if he is feeling jealous of Neeraj, it’s my responsibility to show him that I really love him. I don’t want anyone to come between us and I don’t want Shiv to feel insecure because of someone. So, I kissed him on his lips. It’s my only way to show him that I really love him.

“I’m spending more time with him because we’re doing a project. Yes, we became good friends but there is nothing between us. There is no space in my heart, because my heart is already with you and my soul also.”