Part 14

Ananya's pov:

"I don't wanna go Harshi. Try to understand. I don't like loud music and crowds." From morning, I'm trying to convince her that I don't want to go to the fresher's party, where the students union organises a DJ night.

"That's why I'm saying, you never went to a DJ night na? At least try for once, experience it Ani, for me please, please. You know na, Jai won't let me go alone, if you don't go with me." Now, blackmail starts. Don't know, how Jai manages this girl. Hats off to him.

"Only for this time ok and we'll be back exactly at 9 pm. Promise me."

"I Promise. Thank you, thank you."

"Ani, you're not going to wear this. It's so simple. It's a DJ night not a casual day out. Let me see your wardrobe." I'm regretting now. Why did I say yes to attend the DJ night?

"Awwwwww! This is so elegant. Wear this blue dress. You've so many beautiful dresses, why don't you wear those? Always wears jeans and tops."

"Mummy brought all those dresses, before I had come here" all those dresses remind me my mummy. I miss her every day.

"That's why I thought, how come those beautiful dresses are in your wardrobe. Aunty's choice is far better than yours. Now, go wear the blue dress."

"Damn, you're looking so hot. Everyone's eyes would be on you." Harshi said in her dramatic voice and I couldn't resist myself from rolling my eyes hearing her over emphasis words.

"I don't need anyone's temporary attention Harshi and most importantly, I don't want someone who like me, seeing my external beauty. I want to be with someone, who choose me for the real me."

"I know. I hope, you will get your prince charming soon. God, please send her prince. I can't see her single anymore. Ani, imagine, your prince will come to you, riding a white horse and.... " I throw a pillow to her. Uff! This girl and drama, a neverending torture.

" You're on a wrong place, you know. You should have to be in Mumbai. They'll directly select you, without even seeing your acting."

"You think that too na? Even Jai told me the same." She giggles on her own.

"And he's still with you" I mocked her.

"You're so mean. Like you said, you want to be with someone, who choose you for the real you. You're absolutely correct. You know, Jai was my senior, one an only crush in school and he knew that. I had lost all my hopes, when Jai left the school after completing his schooling, without even saying a word. Though, we're in same locality, I didn't talk with him after that. I totally ignored him. He proposed me after four or five months. Today also when we fight on this matter, he says that he realised, when I ignored him. You know, Jai knows me in and out. He knows, I'm a crazy, dramatic, very talkative and what not. But he has chosen me for being real me. So, never lose hope Ani and the moment you realise, you love someone, tell him immediately." She takes a deep breath.

"I just realised, I can also become a motivational speaker. What do you think? We'll be late, hurry up." Back to herself.

*****

Too much noises. My ears are going to bleed soon.
Everyone is dancing their hearts out like crazy, enjoying like there's no tomorrow to relive this moment. And I'm thinking, when is this going to be end? So, that I can go back to my pg, to my bed.

"Miss Ananya Singh, why are you standing like a statue? Dance Ananya, dance." Harshi shouted near my ear. It's been two hours already, how can someone dance continuously for two whole hours? I don't have that energy within my body.

Only ten minutes left, to go home. My mobile vibrates on my hand. It's Shiv. So, he has gotten time to call me. His "I'm not going to disturb you from tomorrow" ends today or what?
With a hesitation I have received the call. After that I realised, he won't hear me because of the loud music and noises. I told him that I'll call him later. First, I've to search Harshi. She isn't far from me. I have approached her and show the time. I have given her a look that it's time to go.
When we come out from the hall, I dialled Shiv's number

"Ananya, where are you?" No hi, no hello. I had told him, where I'm. Harshi wants to stay here more. I'm not going to survive if I stay here for another minute.

He has called me because he wanted know, I'm doing good or not. Ok, it's good to know that he remembers me, even though after two weeks. I rolled my eyes.

He and his idea of picking me up, it's making me angry me as well as I feel special. Harshi is listening to our talk. I know, she's going to blust with her questions when we'll reach our pg. I have seen his car and end the call. It's so difficult to walk in wearing a heels and I'm exhausted like hell. When we approached near the car, he opened the car door with a smile. He is still in his uniform. The dress, in which I have been seeing papa since childhood.

I have received a message just now. You know who sent me this message, the girl who is silently or you can say obediently sitting next to me. The one an only Harshita.

"Ahem, so this is your handsome driver? The one, Priya was talking that day."

"Are you not going to introduce us?"

"Ani! He is looking at you through the rearview mirror."

"Omg! He is really handsome."

"Aaaannnnniiiiiiii"

Already sent me five messages. She can't even wait for one minute.

"Shiv, this is Harshita, my roommate and Harshi, this is Shiv"

"Hello, I'm Harshita Bhattacharjee" with a shy smile she said this. I'm shocked. Since when she has become so shy?

"Hii, I'm Shiv Kapoor" sounds so formal.

"Call me Harshi, Shiv bhaiya (brother) like Ani says. Oops! Sorry, can I call you bhaiya? Actually I don't have siblings. I'm the only child and when I saw you, I'm getting the sibling vibes from you." Did she really say that to Shiv? She and her bluntness.

"Yeah, why not. You can call me bhaiya, even I don't have sibling." Said with a smile.

"You know, I talk very much unlike some other people." She mocks me. Wait, till we reach pg. Your brother won't be there to save you from me.

"Yes, unlike some people." Shiv laughs.

"I don't want to die at a young age. Please concentrate on the road and Harshi, stop talking." They both giggle at my order.

*******

Hey guys, are u liking this story or not? please comments.