Parental love.

Leaving their car parked, they decided to go to the nearest free market, they had everything there, street food, clothing, fishing equipment. All cheap items.
"You've never been places like that, have you?" Guhai asked his dad who looked lost and impressed somehow
"I have, when I was young in the military sometimes you need to go places. Your grandparents made sure I didn't get anything. I was to take care of myself."
"How were they?" Guhai asked, He curious about his grandparents, he had never seen them, nor has his dad ever talk about them before.
"Grumpy old people." Gu Wei Ting vaguely said.
"Well, at least you know you weren't adopted."
"Well, I was the only child so definitely." Gu Wei Ting answer. Pretending like he didn't understand what Guhai meant.
As they were walking and talking, they could feel like they were started to get closer to each other. They had never talk that much in years. Guhai looked over and see a lot of food, they looked so yummy.
"These look delicious," Guhai said pointing to the yóutiáo (Deep-Fried Dough Sticks ) they look very delicious and fresh.
"Street food, too many viruses." Gu Wei Ting reply but Guhai ignored him. He walked towards the lady who was selling them.
"I wasn't asking you," Guhai said
"Can I have one?" Guha said to the lady, she was lost looking at Guhai's face, it's like she had never someone so beautiful before.
"Young man, you look quite handsome. Are you a celebrity?" The woman chuckle, which draws the attention of the other ladies.
"Oh, he's so handsome, are you married yet? One lady asked.
"He doesn't have a ring." Another reply
"He's engaged, to my son." Gu Wei Ting approaches them picking up one Yóutiáo.
"Your son must be the most beautiful man in the world, to get a man like that." The lady said laughing.
"Where do we sit to eat?" Gu Wei Ting asked
"We just stand," Guhai said smiling with the ladies.
"It must be your first time in the free market." They said laughing at him.
Gu Wei Ting finally forces himself to taste one Deep-Fried Dough Sticks, while Guhai was already on his fourth one. He was shocked by how delicious they were. Just like that, he was on 6th one.
"Let's go to eat more food." Guhai's Wei Ting to which Guhai agreed, it was funny seeing his dad like that. After paying, they went back on their way.
"First time eating street food, I gotta say, I'm impressed." Gu Wei Ting said laughing.
They stop again at a barbecue stand, this time, Gu Wei Ting was the one who stops first.
"We gonna spend the entire day here," Guhai said laughing. It was an awkward moment but beautiful.
"I can't believe I wasted all this time thinking about me when I could use it to spend time with you, my son." Gu Wei Ting said abruptly, which startled Guhai a bit, hearing his dad say words like that were a first for him.
After buying all the equipment they needed, they went back to the lake, set up their tent, and sit down.
It was already the middle of the day. Neither of them caught anything, at least they didn't keep them. Busy eating and talking about fishing.
"You've become such a strong man, I'm so proud of you." Gu Wei Ting said out of nowhere.
"Yeah, and that's all Without your help," Guhai said as the mood slowly changed.
"That's why I'm so proud of you, I was afraid after your mom dies, you would become a softie, but you prove me wrong."
"A softie"
"You know, you were  so small and always crying." Gu Wei Ting jokingly said, but Guhai didn't find a funny.
"So all this time you ignored my existence. You spend your entire life at the base while I would cry and eat alone, was because you didn't want me to become a softie." Guhai yelled, just like that, Guhai becomes furious.
"Guhai, I'm sorry, I wasn't a good dad to you at all. I thought by leaving you alone, I was teaching you how to be brave, I was wrong. You weren't the one who needed to be strong, I was." Gu Wei Ting said which calm Guhai down a little bit.
"Well, it's in the past now."
"I'm probably not the best dad you've had but I promised. I'll make it up to you."
"Pa, I don't blame you for ignoring me my whole life. Even though I was a kid and didn't deserve to be left alone by my father,  right after my mother passed away. What I blamed you for is the fact that you try to hurt the love of my life. BaiLuYin was and still mean the world to me. The only thing that keeps going in life. Even if BaiLuYin forgives you for that, I can't. You knew even if I was dying, even if I was face to face with death and BaiLuYin could save me, I'd rather  died than risk his life." Guhai said with a less agitated tone.
"I'm sorry I ever did something like that, but I'm not sorry for saving your life. You're my son, my only son. You don't understand now, but once you have a child you will. We do selfish things for our children." Gu Wei Ting said, trying as hard as he could to not cry. He didn't want his son to see him with tears, he was too proud for that. After a moment of silence, Guhai get up and was about to head to the car.
"At the time, I saw your relationship as rebellious." Gu Wei Ting yelled which stopped Guhai steps.
"Me being a bad dad and Jian Yuan who wasn't there for her son. I thought you guys were using your relationship as revenge for both of us." 
"That's ridiculous," Guhai said thinking about all that happened in the past. All the things Gu Wei Tin did to keep them separate.
"I know"
"Well that's still. doesn't justify the fact that Yinzi was going to die, because if you." Guhai becomes agitated, he walked back and kick the cooler who the fishes into the lake.
"Guhai." Gu Wei Ting called him but Guhai didn't answer and walk away. He walked for about 5 km, trying as hard as he could to not cry. As he walked past a home funeral, he saw a guy, crying over a coffin, he was crying and mourning with all his force. That person looked like he was I. Great pain. "Please come back dad, I'm sorry I didn't spend more time with you. Now I regret it very much." The guy was screaming.
"What??" Guhai was confused, it was just weird seeing this scene right after he was done fighting with his dad. He suddenly got a feeling, he was imagining him being in that guy's place. Without thinking much, he runs back to his car. When he arrived, he saw his dad from a distance, walking in circles didn't move where he was standing. Guhai suddenly felt a huge relief.
Guhai stood there for a minute before walking towards his dad. "Guhai." Gu Wei Ting was about to say but was cut off.
"I'm telling you, I'm only doing this because of Yinzi, not because of you," Guhai said and hugged his dad, as tears fall down his cheek, Gu Wei Ting was taking aback by Guhai's sudden behavior. "I know," he answered as he hugged his son back. "BaiLuYin wanted me to reconcile with you, not because I want to," Guhai said again hugging his dad tightly. "I know." Gu Wei Ting said again. "I build an entire enterprise by myself, I don't need you." 
"I know."
"Nor do I will ever need."  At that moment, Guhai felt as if a big weight had been lifted on his stomach. Gu Wei Ting felt so proud at that moment. He knew exactly what Guhai meant. Who else knows his son better than him? He was prideful just like his dad.
Gu Wei Ting on the other hand couldn't hold his tear any longer. He embraces his son as hard as he could. He couldn't remember the last time he took his son in his arms. It must have been when Guhai was born.
"I'm sorry son, I put you through a lot, I'm sorry."
Guhai let go of him and wipe his face. "What kind of men cry like that," Guhai said laughing.
"I know right."
"You are so ugly when you cry," Guhai said again laughing at his dad's face.
"I know, I've always been ugly. You certainly got your look from your mother." Gu Wei Ting laughs as he patted his son's head.
"I love you Son." Gu Wei Ting looked sincerely into his son's eyes. Guhai tears were falling like rain. Hearing his dad saying I Love You to him was the biggest thing in the world.
"Whatever," Guhai said and walked back to their tents.
"I think we have to sleep here today. We didn't catch anything." Gu Wei Ting said, pulling the cooler out of the water.
"Yeah, it would be a shame to go home without fish at all," Guhai replied helping his dad. They both sat down near the lake watching the beautiful sun setting down.
They were just admiring the beautiful scenery in front of them while eating the dessert Guhai had made.
"When did you buy this." Gu Wei Ting asked knowing they had only bought fishing equipment from the market.
"I made the" Guhai mumble and shole another into his mouth.
"So, when are you guys gonna get married." Gu Wei Ting said out of nowhere.
"What."
"I mean, you guys will get married right."
"Of course, we're waiting a little while."
"Good."
"Have you guys thought about having a kid?" Guhai said to his dad. "I mean Jian Yuan is still young, you guys can still have children."
"I would have to talk to her about it first. She's getting kind of scary lately. She has  a look that can scare a thousand  men." Gu Wei Ting said.
"Is it like that?" Guhai tries to make the face, but it looks weird instead.
"No, it's more like." Gu Wei Ting tries to make the face also.
"No, you look like you're constipated." Both guys burst out laughing.
"That's where he got it from," Guhai said thinking about BaiLuYin's famous death stare. They both quietly sat there watching the sunset, as it was started to get late, the wind was getting colder. They decided it was best to go back to the tent. "I'll sleep in the car, you sleep inside the tent," Guhai said but Gu Wei Ting refused.  "Wait here." He said as he rushed back to the car. A couple of minutes later, Guhai sees him coming back with a suitcase. He rushed over and take it from him.
"Why are you bringing the suitcase here," Guhai asked but Gu Wei Ting didn't answer. He instead opens it and pulled out two heating blankets and a little sponge mattress.
"That's what you had in there," Guhai said as they set the little mattress up inside the tent. Each one of them had a cover, laying down on their back awkwardly in the silence.
"Son."
"Hmm."
"You're asleep."
"No."
"You know, Men in our family had always been strong and manly m. We're always the alpha in our relationship." Gu Wei Ting didn't get to finish what he was about to say m.
"Father." Guhai cut him off.
"I know I'm out of the line saying that, sorry. Whatever you choose to be in your relationship is up to you." Gu Wei Ting said and rolled on his side. He closes his eyes and was about to sleep.
"Pa." Guhai utter.
"As the father of the groom, You'll need to prepare the gifts and the wedding money," Guhai said and close his eyes. Gu Wei Ting quickly understands what it means. In the Chinese culture, the groom, which is the husband, always or their family pays for their weddings. Him saying that insinuating that he is indeed the husband in the relationship. Gu Wei Ting smiled, feeling proud of his son. He fell asleep like a baby.
The next day, they give away their fish to the people in the market. Eat a lot of street food before headed back to Beijing. As soon as he arrived, he called BaiLuYin.
"So, who died." BaiLuYin jokingly asked.
"The fish," Guhai said looking at BaiLuYin.
"I'm so lucky you're in my life," Guhai said and kissed the screen of his phone.
"I'm happy, you and your dad are reconciled with each other."
"Well there's still the awkwardness but, yeah, we're good now."
"Great, my mission is complete. It's time I go back to my planet." BaiLuYin said before realizing Guhai was making a face. "If you have to poop, just go ahead."
"No, I'm giving you the death stare." BaiLuYin stops a moment before burst out laughing.
"I thought you were constipated."
"You'll get a lot of spanks when you get back." Guhai laughs as they hang up.