Welcome back

After BaiLuYin left Guhai's house, he decided to go see his family. He hadn't face them since he came back from overseas.
Aunt Zhou was in the kitchen cooking dinner for the family and BaiHanQi was in the garden cutting dead grass. BaiLuYin stood in front of the kitchen door for a moment, he was looking at his stepmother, it has been a long time since he saw her. BaiLuYin giggles a little which got Aunt Zhou's attention. She turned around and see his face.
"Yinzi" Aunt Zhou said with tears falling down her cheeks. She was crying tears of joy.
"Yinzi, it's really you."
BaiLuYin embraces her tightly. It's been so long since he saw her.
"My son, you're back." She said as she kissed BaiLuYin's cheek.
"Aunt Zhou, I'm back." He replied. Tears were also falling down his cheeks. They hugged each other again, after a moment, they heard a sound of something falling on the ground. BaiHanQi was standing outside, at first he didn't think it was his son until he heard him speaks. BaiLuYin turned around and saw his dad standing in front of him. He couldn't tell by the expression whether he was happy or angry.
"Pa" BaiLuYin managed to say between the tears.
The father and son hugged each other.
"I thought you were going to let me die and not see your face," BaiHanQi said while hugging his son tightly. After 8 years which felt like thousands of years. His son is finally back.
"Pa, I missed you a lot," BaiLuYin said smiling, he was so happy to see his family.
BaiHanQi couldn't be happier. Those fake deaths ceremonies he did for BaiLuYin were started to rub off on him. Sometimes, it felt to him like he was actually mourning his son.
"Where is my brother?" Looking over to Aunt Zhou.
"Ah, your brother is in school now. He has track practice every night." Aunt Zhou answered trying to hide her tears.
"Yinzi, you change a lot." She giggled.

They were all happy and jolly when they heard a hard knock on the door. It felt like someone was in a hurry to get in. BaiHanQi rushes to open the door. He was kinda surprised to see YangMeng standing there. Maybe BaiLuYin told him he was back.

YangMeng felt guilty about leaving BaiLuYin with Guhai so he came to check if he was still alive. The last time he left those two together, It was not pretty.
"YangMeng, did you hear that BaiLuYin was back." BaiHanQi dragged YangMeng by his arm into the kitchen
"Yinzi," YangMeng yelled.
BaiLuYin rushes over and hugged YangMeng like it was the first time they see each other. YangMeng has a big mouth, BaiLuYin was afraid that he might say something stupid and ruin the moment.
"Thank goodness you're alive. I thought Gu..." YengMeng was about to say but BaiLuYin covers his mouth.
"I was gone for a few years, why would I not be alive."
"YangMeng, you should stay and eat with us." Aunt Zhou said, his son wouldn't be to make it to dinner, so YangMeng was right on time.

BaiLuYin and YangMeng decided to set up the table. They also had ta lot of stuff to talk about.
"What about Guhai," YangMeng whispers. As in "is he alive?"
"Shttt." BaiLuYin didn't want his parents to know that he was back for almost three weeks and went to Guhai first.
The family sat down to eat.
"Tell me, how is everything, son," BaiHanQi said after a long moment of awkwardness.
"Everything is good, I'm actually about to sign a contract with a Chinese company." A Complete silence catches the room after those words. It was hard to either off him to brought any subject that might involve the past. So they'd rather not say a word.
YangMeng couldn't take it anymore.
"Yinzi, you come back after 8 years, I'm sure you have a lot of stories to tell about your stay overseas."
"Right, tell us how was it.?" Aunt Zhou who felt like she was going to go crazy in this awkward silence said.
"Actually it was pretty amazing," Yinzi said with excitement. "I saw so many things, the world is really big when traveling. And I also learn that South Korea has a beautiful touristic place. So Mom Dad, I decided, I will send you and dad to a real honeymoon in South Korea."
They all laughed, but he was serious. BaiHanQi though he didn't matter if he didn't go on a honeymoon. That's the last thing he would think about.
"we already so old, why would we go on honeymoon now," BaiHanQi said while laughing. They talk for a long moment, they got cut up with everything that they had encountered.
It was already 9 pm they didn't see the time passed. YangMeng had to go to his shift at the station. He couldn't be late or he would get in trouble with his new captain.
"I have to leave now or my boss will have my head," YangMeng said while sipping some beer.
BaiLuYin walked YangMeng to the door, well YangMeng literally dragged him out with all his forces.
"What happened with Guhai?" YangMeng asked. The last time he saw him, he was really angry.
"It's terrible, I'm afraid he will never understand how sorry I am."
"Yinzi, the only way to get Guhai back is to tell him the truth. You know him better than anyone. ." YangMeng said. He witnessed everything that happened between BaiLuYin and Guhai. The only way for them to result in their conflict was to talk about it.
"Exactly, I know him and I know what he is capable of. He is the most stubborn person I know, if I tell him everything, I'm afraid he might do something stupid." BaiLuYin said he was worried about what he was going to do with that stubborn guy.
"You will figure it out. You are the smartest person I know." YangMeng said and left.
BaiLuYin returns inside. He saw his dad sitting under a big tree that was in their yard. He takes some beers and over and sat next to his dad.
"I'm so happy you're home. My son is with me now, I have peace." BaiHanQi said while sipping on his bottle.
"I'm happy to be a home dad." BaiLuYin did the same.
"What about Guhai," BaiHanQi said.
He knows BaiLuYin more than BaiLuYin knows himself. He can tell when something is wrong especially when it has to do with guilt.
"he didn't want to see me or talk to me," BaiLuYin said, he couldn't lie to his dad.
"I understand him. And I felt so bad lying to that poor boy." BaiHanQi said when the front door open. It was Ting Chong, BaiLuYin's brother. As soon as he sees BaiLuYin, he ran over and hug him.
"You got so big," BaiLuYin said while hugging his brother. They hadn't seen each other since the accident.
"you got skinnier, and got more muscles." Ting Chong said. Touching his brother's muscles.
They both laugh, it has been so long, the two brothers went into the room to catch up.
"You know, Dahai called me every week. He would call to give me stuff or send me money." Ting Chong said while showing his brother all the things Guhai had given him, they were all still new.
"I couldn't use them." He said with a sad face.
"I'm sorry you had to lie because of me. I shouldn't ask you to do that." BaiLuYin said hugging his brother again.
"Don't worry." Ting Chong said, tapping BaiLuYin's shoulder. " I'm your brother, I will always be on your side."
They both laughed. They talk for almost all night. BaiLuYin told him about his travels. He tells BaiLuYin about school and everything that happened. And also about Guhai's visits.
"My family is finally back together."
BaiHanQi said to Aunt Zhou who was sitting next to him.
"Our son is back, everything will be fine now." Aunt Zhou said as she laid her head on BaiHanQi's shoulder. They were both admiring the starry sky with a peaceful heart.

You'll always be mine.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara