The Surgery

The next day, Gu Yan was taken to the hospital where he would have the surgery. Everything was ready, Gu Yan went in with the doctor while BaiLuYin stood outside of the door walking in circles with Jackson trying to calm him down, but in the end, he made Jackson more nervous than he was. Suddenly his phone ring, turns out, Gu Wei Tin had flown back to meet someone who might have been a match. They went there early that morning to tell BaiLuYin about it but didn't find him. When Jackson told them about the Gu Yan situation, Gu Wei Tin was filled with rage. He couldn't believe the person that he raised like his own son was that terrible, attempting to kill his son twice. He had called all of his contacts and asked them to find a match ASAP. The privileged of being an important person in the army. They did find three possible people. But they had to go taking a test first to make sure they were indeed the perfect match, it would take too long BaiLuYin couldn't wait, neither of them wanted to wait.

BaiHanQi sent Aunt Zhou back to Beijing to his son and the restaurant, all this time they closed it because of Guhai's situation, now that they knew Guhai will survive, it was no used for all four of them to stay in Tibet. At first, BaiLuYin told them they could all go back to Beijing, he and Jackson would stay but BaiHanQi refused, he didn't want to leave BaiLuYin's side for even a second. Even though BaiLuYin promised him that he wouldn't do anything to hurt himself, BaiHanQi still didn't want to leave. So BaiLuYin had him staying at a hotel instead of the hospital. BaiHanQi ordered Jackson to call him if in any way BaiLuYin wanted to give away his kidney.
BaiHanQi had decided to be the selfish dad he should've been years ago.
After what felt like an eternity, the doctor finally comes out. They had successfully take out GuYan's kidney, BaiLuYin let out a sigh of relief, it was just the beginning but at least they had what was important. After a while, GuYan was transferred to another room to rest a bit. Because of his condition, it will take him more time to heal.
"I did my part of the contract," GuYan said referring to BaiLuYin's promise towards him.
BaiLuYin had promised him after the surgery, he was going to look for GuYan's son and bring him back to him. But it took longer for BaiLuYin to find him than expected.
The next day is Guhai's kidney transplant surgery, BaiLuYin couldn't close his eyes at all that night, he stayed next to Guhai all night making sure he was alright. The next day, the doctor came and take Guhai to the room, they advised BaiLuYin to sleep a bit but there was no way he could do that. It was impossible to close his eyes and sleep when Guhai is between life and death.
They spent almost an entire day doing the surgery, but BaiLuYin felt like it was an eternity, he was counting the hours his eyes fixed on the door hoping a doctor would come out soon. He didn't want to go to sleep or outside, he didn't eat anything all day. He wanted to be right there when the doctor comes back. BaiHanQi stayed right next to his son the entire day, feeling pitiful for him.
YangMeng and Jackson were out looking into GuYan's son's whereabouts. They had made many requests to many Orphanages, but they couldn't find any clue of where that kid would be.

The door suddenly opens, The doctor and a nurse walked up to BaiLuYin. He couldn't lift his leg where he was standing, it was obvious he was scared. His dads and mom were also there to waiting on what the doctor had to say.
"The surgery was a success." The doctor smile, BaiLuYin let out a heavy sigh, he felt like something heavy had been lifted off his chest, he didn't even hear the doctor, his eyes were tearing down. Everyone let a sigh of relief finally it was over, that nightmare was about to be ended.
"Guhai is strong." BaiLuYin smile, the only words he had spoken all day.
"He's out of danger. But it might take him a little while to wake up. As you know, the patient had two bullets in his body, we only take ou the most dangerous one because." The doctor was about to say but was cut off by Gu Wei Tin
"Why didn't you take the other one out?" Gu Wei Tin ask, everyone was confused on why they didn't take both bullets out of Guhai's body.
"As I was saying, that bullet is sitting directly in his spinal cord, any attempt to take it out could permanently paralyze him or kill him, the better solution is for it to stay where it is, He is not the first person with this case, he can live with it, as long as he's healthy and doesn't get shot in the exact spot which is highly impossible, he can live a normal life just like anybody." The doctor explained, BaiLuYin was sad knowing that Guhai would be living with a bullet stuck in his body, but it was better than to not living at all.
"Can I see him?" BaiLuYin ask
"Of course." The doctor said and lead them to the room, Guhai looked like he was sleeping, he didn't have all the cord he had before, he was breathing on his own. BaiLuYin holds on to his hand who was so cold before, now he could feel the warmth of it.
"You putting me through hell Guhai" BaiLuYin smile as tears fell down his cheeks, "now wake up and make it up to me." He said and hugged his hand.
Gu Wei Tin hugged his wife, he was so happy that he cried.
"Why isn't he waking up." Gu Wei Tin ask the doctor
"Give him some time, everyone reacted to this differently. He should wake up soon. Excuse me. » the doctor said as he left the room.
"I don't understand why he's not waking up." Gu Wei Tin mumble
"Be patient," BaiHanQi said patting Gu Wei Tin's shoulders. " He didn't wake up right away last time he had a transplant, let's wait." He said again,
« Pa, Uncle. You guys should go and rest now, I'll watch over Guhai. » BaiLuYin said
« But son. » Jian Yuan could say but was cut off
« Let's go rest. » Gu Wei Tin said to his wife and BaiHanQi, they all left the room leaving BaiLuYin alone with Guhai.
He put his head next to Guhai's bed al fall asleep right away. He didn't sleep for days knowing that Guhai could've died, he could finally take a break.