Life As A New

"Come on, come on dad we're gonna be late." Ah Li yelped jumping around in excitement. BaiLuYin had just finished taking a shower, he dressed Ah Li first and then proceeded to dress. Ah Li was very excited. He was responsible for the ring and couldn't be late.
Aunt Zhou and BaiHanQi had finally decided to renew their vows. After married for almost 10 years, BaiLuYin finally forced them to do so, although they had tried to get away from it multiple times.
"Slow down," BaiLuYin said. "I need to get dress first." Looking at little Ah Li, he looked exactly like his dad and his uncle. BaiLuYin was immediately filled with emotion to the point where he was crying and didn't even realize it.
"Papa, are you ok." Ah Li noticed BaiLuYin's tears falling down his cheeks.
"Yeah, I think I have soap in my eyes." He said and quickly wiped out his tears.
"I'm so excited."Ah Li said, looking at himself in the mirror.
"One day, I will also have a beautiful wife and married and have a lot of money to take care of her." He said giggling while fixing his hair. BaiLuYin couldn't help but laugh, hearing the thing he was saying
"You're only 5 years old. shouldn't you be thinking about school right now?"
"What about you papa?"
"Me, I finished school a long time ago."
"I know silly, I'm asking when are going to get married?" Ah Li ask BaiLuYin who stood there stunned by the question.
"Why do I have to get married, is there a law that says everyone should get married."
"No, but."
"Let's stop talking about that and check our hygiene first ok little one," BaiLuYin said patting his little head.
"Okay, okay."
"Teeth," BaiLuYin said, Ah Li opens his mouth for BaiLuYin to check.
"Check." He yelled
"Eyes"
"Check."
"Ears."
"Double check." Ah Li jumped.
"posture."
"Check." Ah Li said, both of them stood straight.
"Haha, silly dad." He laughs, they do that every day before they go somewhere. It was like that so that little one would stay in good shape.
"Let's go," BaiLuYin said finally done dressing up, he grabs his little hand, they both walked out and got into the elevator.
"Papa BaiLuYin?" Ah Li's voice suddenly changes from happy to sad all of the sudden.
"Huh."
"Can we go see dad first? I want to pay my respects today." Ah Li said with a little sad look on his tiny face, BaiLuYin hold Little Ah Li's hand and walk out of the elevator.
"Oh, of course," BaiLuYin said smiling at the little cute face that was in front of him. Although they were almost late. BaiLuYin couldn't refuse him. He was way too adorable.
"Seatbelt," BaiLuYin said for the last time.
"Check." Ah said giggling.
On their way, BaiLuYin stop at a flower shop, get some flowers and drove away before anyone recognizes him. They finally arrived at the cemetery. BaiLuYin got out, hold Ah Li's hand as they make their way in until they find the grave with the Gu family name. BaiLuYin stood on the side while Ah Li carefully place the flower on the grave and bow three times.
"Good morning." Ah Li whispered.
"It's me, Ah Lam. I came to visit. Are you happy up there, I am? Oh, I have all A's in school, I'm also the ring man for grandpa Bai. I can't believe he trusts me with that." Ah Li giggle.
He looked up to BaiLuYin who was standing nearby watching his little face.
"BaiLuYin pa."
"Huh."
"You wanna say hi to my dad."
"Sure," BaiLuYin said and bends down next to him.
"Hi, it's been a while," BaiLuYin mumble smiling with an obvious sad face when suddenly his phone started ringing.
"Hello."
"Where the heck are you?" YangMeng Shouted BaiLuYin had to take the phone away from his ears.
"Do you have to shout every time, we're on our way," BaiLuYin said and signal to Ah Li to get.
"Without the ring, the marriage won't work," YangMeng said again.
"They already married, why do they need another," YangMeng complain.
"Tell my dad we're on our way," BaiLuYin said and hang up.
"Ah Li, we gotta go. Grandpa Bai needs his ring man." BaiLuYin said and grab Ah Li as they had back to the car.
The restaurant was packed. BaiHanQi invited almost every one of his customers plus BaiLuYin's fan who lived nearby and knows about his parents. Everyone had finally taken their seat.
The priest did what he had to do. It was a big reception. But BaiLuYin couldn't help to feel a little lonely.
They celebrate all day and night. The hours flew so fast. BaiLuYin left Ah Li with YangMeng and went out for a bit, it was way too hot inside the restaurant. He was walking throughout the neighborhood without directions, he suddenly finds himself on the rooftop. That rooftop brought some many memories. Thinking about how it was back then, Guhai professes his love for him clearly as he could hear Guhai's voice saying the same words again. "It was so much simple back then" BaiLuYin mumble as tears fall.
"You're right, you weren't that famous." A voice answered. BaiLuYin quickly turned around to see Guhai standing there.
"Guhai." BaiLuYin laughs and runs into Guhai's arm. He quickly pulled back
"Sorry did I hurt you," BaiLuYin asks while looking at Guhai's body
"Yeah, do you know how hard it was for to came all the way here only to get half of a hug from my favorite person on earth?" Guhai said and opened his arm again, BaiLuYin smiled and grabbed Guhai's cheeks and started kissing him.
"I miss you," Guhai whispered while passionately kissing his little wifey.
"You said you wouldn't make it today" BaiLuYin finally break the kiss.
"And miss my Father in law second wedding, not a chance. You also have a habit of drinking too much, of course, I need to be here to make sure you're not flirting with other men." They both smile looking into each other's eyes.
"I miss you," BaiLuYin said and tightly hugged Guhai.
"Let's go down, dad will be happy to see you," BaiLuYin said and grabbed Guhai's suitcase. They went down the stairs together holding hands.
"I had you on my back the last time we came here," Guhai said
"Yeah, I remember." BaiLuYin laughs, "I was so drunk."
"Hop on," Guhai said bending his knees so that BaiLuYin could get on his back. BaiLuYin completely ignored his gesture and kept going down.
"What about Jackson?" BaiLuYin asks but no one answered, Guhai was still waiting on BaiLuYin to get on his back.
"No," BaiLuYin said and went back up grab Guhai's hand, and pulled him down.
"How many women are at this party." Guhai suddenly said. BaiLuYin looked at him with a menacing look "there's a lot, why?"
"Does that answer your question?"
"What?" BaiLuYin said confused, he didn't know what Guhai was talking about.
"Never mind." BaiLuYin laugh, he finally gets it, Jackson hasn't changed a bit, he's still a womanizer. When they arrived at the restaurant, BaiLuYin was baffled by the image he saw, Jackson tweaking in the middle of a bunch of women with little Ah Li doing the same thing.
"Oh god."
"See," Guhai said to BaiLuYin, "he's a terrible influence."
"Dahai." BaiHanQi has just noticed Guhai entering the restaurant, he runs towards him and hugged him.
"When did you get back."
"Just now, I wouldn't miss my father-in-law's wedding."
"You did good" he laughs hugging him again,
"Where's the bride and my little brother."
"Come on in." BaiHanQi grabs his hand made his way into the crowd to find Aunt Zhou. She was having a drink with Guhai's stepmom and dad.
"Dahai." They shouted laughing, looks like they had quite to drink.
They all hugged him at the same time.
"I'm so happy that my son-in-law made it for our wedding anniversary," Aunt said laughing, she was very happy that Guhai had come.
"Let's make a toast to that." Jian Yuan yelled and grab another glass of champagne. They all do the same, raised their glass in the air.
"Cheers to Guhai's return." Jian Yuan shouted
"Cheers for being my so." Gu Wei Tin said
"Cheers for being our son-in-law and take care of our BaiLuYin," Aunt said with a drop of tear in her eye.
"Cheers." They all yelled swallow their drink in one shot.
"Son, How did everything go" Gu Wei Ting put his hand on Guhai's shoulder as they walked out of the restaurant. "It must have been very difficult."
"I close the deal, dad," Guhai said laughing,
"You did !"
"Yes, I'm your son after all."
"Congratulations, son, I am so proud of you, everyone is. Cheers to you." Gu Wei Ting said as they drink again.
"Now, when exactly are you guys going to tighten the knots." Gu Wei Tin said talking about Guhai and BaiLuYin's wedding. It was time they do it.
"Soon," Guhai said looking BaiLuYin from afar with a satisfying smile on his face. "You know, I didn't understand back then. But now I know. It's about falling for a woman or a man. It's about falling for the right person. Take care of him son and remember, I'll always be there for you."

Guhai's looked at BaiLuYin at the distance again. Of course, he was the right one.
Poor BaiLuYin was trying to get Ah Li out of that crowd but couldn't because all the girls were mostly his fans and it was impossible to go through them.
"You right dad, and now, my person needs my help," Guhai said leaving his dad's side and rush back inside.
Ah, Li was lost in dancing he didn't even see Guhai behind him. Suddenly the girls started screaming because Guhai got close to talk to BaiLuYin.
"Oh my god, they're so handsome together." One girl screams as they started taking pictures of BaiLuYin and Guhai.
"No, I'm sorry but can you guys not, we would like to enjoy with a little peace. Let's celebrate like friends tonight." Guhai said which shut some of them down.
"Papa." Ah Li said running into Guhai's arm. The girls started fangirling again, seeing Guhai holding a kid was the most adorable thing.
"Why are you still awake," Guhai said holding little Ah Li into his arm.
"I didn't know you were coming." Ah Li said kissing Guhai's face,
"Are you happy I'm here," Guhai said squishing his little cheek?
"Yes, I miss you. Daddy misses you too." Ah Li said and wrapped his little arm around Guhai's neck and hugged him.
"Come on," Guhai said and grab BaiLuYin's hand, and went back outside.
They both hold one of his little hands and stood in front of the restaurant.
"You're way past your bedtime little man," Guhai said looking at Ah Li. He had a jolly smile on his face.
"I wouldn't be able to see you." Ah Li said laughing.
"Let's go home, you must be tired," BaiLuYin said and was about to go inside to let his parents know that they were leaving but Ah Li pulled him back.
"Paps, can I say with uncle Ting tonight, please, please." He begs
"I guess you didn't miss me much." Guhai then replies.
"Of course I did, but papa BaiLuYin misses you more, so I want to give you some privacy." He said giggling like he knew what he was saying.
"Who teaches you that word?" BaiLuYin asks him shocked.
"Uncle YangMeng and uncle Jackson. They say when two people who love each other are reunited, they need to be alone to express their love. Right papa?" Ah Li looking at Guhai waiting for an answer.
BaiLuYin looked at Guhai, stunned by Ah Li's words
"I think our little boy is becoming a man,"  Guhai said laughing as he takes Ah Li into his arm.
"So, can I stay with them, Jackson will watch me."
"Okay, but I prefer YangMeng watch you instead."
"Yess." He said and run back in to tell YangMeng.
"You heard the boy, let's go get some privacy." Guhai and grab BaiLuYin's waist and kiss him.