Chapter 68: Who are you?

Anna POV

I decided that it would be best to go stop Harry myself. Zayn and Harry in the same room is a recipe for disaster. Who knows what those two will do to each other? I don't understand how the two were best friends, to begin with. I didn't want to be the driving force that drives their friendship apart... Or at least what's left of it. I wouldn't be if Harry had left his feelings or whatever he has for me out of this.

Harry isn't my boyfriend. It's not like he owns me or something. I should have free will to talk to whoever I want. He hasn't expressed any romantic feelings towards me at all. I truly believe that he is just using me at this point. Using me for his pleasure I guess. I also don't understand that concept either. He did all of these things to me, but he won't let me do anything to him. It's all so confusing. I'd be here all day if I tried to make sense of Harry and his complicated boy brain.

I slowly walked down the stairs. I was being careful not to trip with my cast. Once I got to the bottom I realized, I can't ride my bike or walk to Zayn's house. It's too far. I looked at my mom's car keys on the table. That seemed like my only option at this point.

Well, I can barely drive. My mom started teaching me before she started spending all of her time with David. So, I pretty much know the basics. Like... How to start the car and break a lot. There's a first time for everything I guess. I wasn't going to waste time deciding if I was going to do it or not. I impulsively grabbed the keys from the counter and headed out the door.

My mom has a 2017 Jeep Wrangler. It's white and her most prized possession. Well, there's a first time for everything. It stood in the driveway with all of its untouched glory. 

She's going to kill me.

I walked up to the car hesitantly. I could see my reflection in the door. It was so clear and crisp. Standing here, thinking about how much my mother was going to kill me is wasting valuable time. I opened the door and got inside. I made sure to buckle my seat belt, check the mirrors, and do whatever else you're supposed to do before you drive. I started the car and shifted the gear to the letter "R". I pressed the gas and the car jolted backward. I quickly pressed the brake, stopping the car in a jerking motion.

This is such a bad idea.

Somehow, I managed to back out of the driveway and get onto the street. Just as I was driving away I saw my mother running outside with her hands flailing in the air. She chased after the car and yelled at me to stop. I rolled down the window.

"I'm sorry mom. I'll be back. I have to take care of something." I spoke fast.

I sped up and drove away. She stopped running and put her face into her hands as she stood in the middle of the street. Of course, I felt guilty but I needed to do this. Hopefully, I'm not grounded for too long this time.

I was on my way to Zayn's house. I had memorized the route by now. I don't know how fast I was going over the speed limit but, I didn't care. I needed to get to Zayn's house. Driving wasn't too bad. It's a good thing there aren't as many cars on the road as usual. It's still pretty early in the morning.

I had finally reached Zayn's house. I was impressed that I managed to get myself here without killing anyone, myself included. Of course, Harry's car was in the driveway. All of the anger started to build up inside of me. Why won't he let Zayn be? He has nothing to do with our craziness. I parked the car and jumped out of the truck. I ran to the front door and banged on it.

"Harry, you stupid psycho! Open the door right now!"

I lurched my body against the door to barge it open. To my surprise, the door opened easily. I fell to the ground. I hit my head so my vision was a little blurred. I blinked my eyes to get a clearer vision as to what the hell was going on. It was a tall, lean, figure that looked to be Harry. In front of him was another figure lying on the floor. I sat up and blinked rapidly until my vision became more clear.