Chapter 72: Just Ask

Anna's POV

I paced back and forth in my room. I'm convinced that I burned a pathway into the carpet with my feet. I'm so nervous. Hours have passed since I've seen Zayn. How would I know if he's okay? What if he wakes up? I need to be there for him.

This is all my fault. If only I hadn't gone to see him. Harry would've freaked out and gone psycho on him. He really needs to understand that Zayn wouldn't treat me the way Louis did. He of all people should know that Zayn is not like that. If anything, I'm more afraid of Harry than I am of Zayn.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Harry's phone number. He needs to tell me what's going on with Zayn. He may not like this but, I would consider Zayn a friend. He cared for me when Harry didn't.

The phone rang over and over. "The person you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone or try your call again later." beep! I groaned and hung up the call. Of course, he wouldn't answer for me. He's being such a jerk right now. He's lucky I don't report him to the police for his actions.

I have no other choice but to ask David for a ride. I know that he's comfortable on his day off and that he wants a break from all this Harry drama. David giving me a ride probably isn't the best thing right now. Considering that Harry and his dad aren't in a good place so, he'll literally lose his mind if he sees that David of all people dropped me off. Honestly, I don't care. Harry cannot keep me from a public place like the hospital.

I walked downstairs. David was sitting in the living room watching golf. His feet were propped up on the ottoman and his eyes were fixed on the screen. He seemed so relaxed. I really hate to bother him. I slowly inched forward towards the couch.

The worst he can do is say no. I thought to myself.

Before I could say anything his head turned towards me. "Hey, you're as quiet as a mouse. I didn't see you come in here. Is everything okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Well, sit down sweetheart. You're standing there stiff as a board. I don't want to hog the living room. it was yours before it was mine." He laughed. I let out a small smile and sat down on the couch. My body was tense as I prepared myself to ask for a favor.

"I'm just trying to make the most of my day off. Coming up with the concept design for this new software is really throwing the company for a loop. Your mom says that I stress too much but I'm just trying to really get this right." He took a sip of his drink.

"Yeah, I can imagine how you feel," I said nervously.

He placed the drink back down and picked up the remote to turn down the volume. He turned to look at me. I can tell that he noticed how tense I was.

"Are you sure you're okay sweetie? You know you can come to me about anything. I know I'll never replace your father and I know how close you two were but don't be afraid to talk to me when something's bothering you."

I sighed. "Well, there is something that's bothering me. I really don't want to bother you in your free time but... Would you possibly... could you give me a ride to the hospital? I want to visit my friend Zayn. He's really hurt from... the accident and I want to make sure that he's okay."

"Of course. You're no bother at all. I don't mind dropping you off at the hospital to see your friend. Just let me know when you're ready to leave." He said.

I looked at him wide-eyed. "Wait really?"

"I don't see why not. Is this why you were acting all weird since you came in here? You're my wife's daughter. I'd do anything to make you guys happy. You're my family now."

I let out a big smile at this. David really is such a nice person. I don't know his past with Harry but he seems like a changed man. Maybe Harry's the problem, like always. I thanked David and hurried upstairs to get dressed.

When I came back down David was sitting downstairs waiting on me. when he noticed I was standing there he stood up from the couch. "I already told your mom where we were going. I assured her that I'd keep a close eye on you. let's hurry and go see your friend."

"Thank you for this. I really appreciate this." I wrapped my arms around David and gave him a hug. He said "You're welcome" and patted me on the back. He grabbed his keys and we went into the garage.

David drove a black BMW SUV. It was a luxury car. It's definitely something you'd expect a CEO of a major video game company to drive. It was nice. the one thing I can say about David is that he always remained humble around my mother and I about his nice things. He never acted like he was better than anyone. He never tried to buy our affection.

Once we were settled in the car, we were off to the hospital. If Harry is still there I hope he doesn't act like a lunatic once he sees me there. I know he told me to stay home but, he knows that I care about Zayn too much to not come to see him. He's just going to have to be mad.

------------------

We arrived at the hospital. I was nervous, to say the least. David parked the car in the parking garage. We both got out and headed toward the building. We entered the emergency room lobby. There was a receptionist sitting at the desk. Her puppy dog scrubs were adorable. She greeted us with a preppy smile. "Hello, How can I help you two today?"

I smiled back. "Hi, we're here to visit Zayn Malik. He was admitted earlier today."

She nodded. She typed into the computer. "Oh yes, Zayn Malik. He's in room 304. Can I have your names so that I can whip up a visitors pass for the both of you?"

We gave her our names and she typed them into the computer. The two passes were printed out and she handed both of us a pass with our names on it. "Just so you know, there is someone already visiting. They're in the room right now." She informed.

"Yes, that would probably be my son Harry," David said.

The nurse nodded. "Of course. I will have a nurse lead you to the room. If you have any questions the doctor should be back in to answer any questions you may have."

We thanked her and followed the nurse through a set of double doors. The hallway was long leading up to Zayn's room. My heart was thumping due to the anxiety of seeing Harry for the first time since earlier today. His dad being here didn't exactly lighten up the tension that I felt. I know that he's going to be even more pissed that I brought him.

We finally stopped at a door. The sign next to it said the number 304. We were outside of Zayn's room. I could hear my heart thumping with anticipation. The nurse opened the door and allowed us to walk in.

As soon as we stepped into Harry looked up at us. We had made eye contact. It was as if he had seen a ghost. His eyes had gone from mine to David's. His surprise turned into anger.

"What the fuck are you two doing here?" He growled.

I knew this was a bad idea.

Hiya! before you even say anything I'm already working on the next chapter as we speak. Sorry for the cliffhanger but I thought it was a good stopping place.

Ya'll don't understand but writing requires a lot of brain power and imagination. I'm trying to get it done for you guys. The next chapter is coming very soon. kill me if it doesn't because I'm tired of letting ya'll down.

On a good note, what do ya'll think of the new album "Harry's house? What's your favorite song on there? let's discuss

see you in the next update! love ya

xoxo Anna