Chapter 65: Extended Stay

"You what?" I asked in shock.

I looked at Zayn with my mouth wide open and a look of disbelief. "What do you mean you saw her with Louis?"

"I saw them together. It was earlier today. They were sitting in his car in the school parking lot."

I shook my head. "There must be a misunderstanding. Nina wasn't in class today. I  didn't see her at all today."

"Did it ever occur to you that she was skipping?" He questioned.

I sat back into the couch and let out a deep sigh. How could Nina do this? Doesn't she know what happened that night between me and Louis? He's a monster who deserves everything bad that comes his way. Are they dating? I hope she's careful. I still care about her.

"This doesn't make any sense. I told her about what happened. She was there that night when he tried to..." I sighed and placed my head in my hands.

"I never asked if you were okay after that incident. How are you holding up?" Zayn asked.

I looked up into his caramel brown eyes. He looked genuinely concerned about me. His brows were furrowed as he looked at me with gentle patience.

"I've been okay. I've had a few nightmares but, I think I'm holding up okay. Harry's been a bit of distraction-" I stopped talking and looked away.

The air in the room shifted. Awkward silence took over as we both sat across from each other. Zayn cleared his throat. I picked up the little mug and took another sip of the warm beverage. It was starting to get a little cold.

"Well, I'm glad you're doing okay," Zayn mumbled.

I gulped. "Thank you."

I placed the mug back on the coffee table. Zayn stood up and grabbed the mug. "Let me heat that up for you." He said.

I nodded as Zayn took the mug into the kitchen. When he disappeared I slapped myself on the forehead.

Way to make things awkward Anna.

I should have never brought up Harry. I should have known that it was going to be weird. This whole night has been weird. Speaking of night, what time is it? I took out my phone and the time read 9:26 pm. Wow, the time flew by.

I can't stay too long. I don't want to risk anything. I'm already taking such a huge risk by being here. Zayn soon returned with the mug. He gently placed it on the table. The steam floated over the top of the hot substance. It looked fuller than before. I can tell that Zayn saw that I noticed.

"Oh, I just made you a new cup. Just so it's nice and fresh." He explained.  

I nodded. "Oh okay, thank you so much." I grabbed the mug and brought it up to my lips.

"Careful Bambi, it's hot." He warned.

I made eye contact with him as I blew softly on the warm liquid. The steam slowly spiraled into the air. I watched him as he stared at my lips. He looked at them with a sudden glimmer of darkness in his eyes. The same way that Harry would look at me when I "provoke" him as he likes to put it.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

I looked at his lips. He bit them slightly. He let go of the soft grip that his teeth had on his lips and slowly wet them with his tongue. Or at least I think it was slow. I don't know, everything he's doing seems to be moving in slow motion right now. I cleared my throat and sipped some of the tea. I placed the mug back on the table. 

"Is it me or is it getting a little warm in here?" I asked. 

I looked around and fanned myself with my hands in an attempt to cool off. I was suddenly a little flustered. Zayn shot up from his chair. "Yeah, I'll go lower the thermostat." He quickly disappeared down the hall.