Chapter 70: The Truth Will Set You Free

Anna POV

Harry sped down the road towards the hospital. I kept looking in the backseat to see if Zayn was okay. He kept moaning and making unidentifiable sounds. I knew he was in deep pain. I reached back and rubbed my hand through his hair to let him know that I was still there. His face was bruised and swollen. I could compare his swollen face to a fruit gone too ripe. The blood was too much for me to handle.

Of course, I was mad at Harry. What he did to Zayn was awful. I didn't even think that harry was capable of hurting someone to this extreme. This was his best friend long before I came into the picture. I hate to think that he'd done all this because of me. If I had just stayed away from Zayn like I said I would, non of this would have happened. Harry also has to take accountability for being a monster. He's out of control and I truly think that he needs psychological help. Harry has inner demons that need to be figured out.

It seemed like ages before we finally arrived at the hospital. We pulled up at the emergency section of the building. Harry quickly jumped out of the car and opened the back door to retrieve Zayn. My mind and heart was racing as I followed.

"No, stay in the car. I don't want you to be a part of this." Harry stated.

"I am a part of this now. You should have thought about this before. I'm going inside to make sure he's okay."

"No! Anna get back in the car. I can handle this. Why do you always defy me? Do as I say for once!" Harry yelled.

"Harry, you are not in charge of me! I'm going in there! I care about Zayn! Why is that so hard for you to accept?" I challenged. Harry visually grew frustrated with me.

"Anna get back inside the fucking car! I'm not going to tell you again! You not listening to me is the reason why we're in this fucked up situation! No, do what I say! I'm not saying it again!" He yelled even louder this time.

My eyes blurred at Harry's outburst. I slowly backed away and got into the car. The hospital staff finally noticed the commotion outside and came rushing towards Harry and Zayn. The medical staff helped Harry drag Zayn out of the backseat to a stretcher. They started rushing Zayn inside of the building with Harry following behind. Everything happened so fast.

I sat in the car for what seemed like ages before I saw Harry walking back out of the building. I had taken this moment to inspect Harry. His shirt was covered in what looked to be Zayn's blood and his once beautiful, bouncy, curly hair was now disheveled and a mess. He looked physically and mentally exhausted from what had taken place today. A feeling of anger and disgust came rushing onto me from the sight of him. How could he do something like this? I could fathom how it has gotten to this point.

Harry walked to the trunk of the car. I could see what he was doing back there. A few seconds later, He appeared next to the driver's door. He was now wearing a new shirt. This shirt was black. The bloody shirt that he was wearing was nowhere in sight. He unlocked the door and hopped inside. Without looking at me he threw a clean grey T-shirt at me and muttered "Put this on."

I did what he asked to avoid conflict. I didn't notice the state of my blouse due to being immersed in all of the chaos. I held the pink fabric in my hand and looked at the blood on it. It was From Zayn. I felt lightheaded and uneasy at the sight.

He grabbed the blouse out of my hands and threw it on the floor in the backseat. He started the car and drove away from the hospital. My eyes widened. 

"What..? Where are we going? What about Zayn?" I panicked.

"I'm taking you home." He stated. He kept a serious face. His calm demeanor gave me chills.

"Why? Harry, I want to see him and make sure that he's okay. You can't just take me home. I'll be worried sick." I exclaimed. Harry ignored my statement and kept driving.

"We can't just leave him there alone. Are you crazy? Turn this car around. I want to go back." I sobbed. Harry let out a sigh.

"I'm going back on my own. You don't need to be there right now. You're going home and that's all I'm going to say about it. My word is final." He stated.

I cried into my hands. This isn't fair. Zayn is literally in the hospital and Harry is still letting his ego get the best of him and not letting me see him. I'm truly at a loss for words. Harry is evil and selfish and I hate him.

"I'm never going to forgive you for this and I hate you, Harry. You can go to hell and I wish you never came into our lives and messed everything up." I spat through my sobs and tears.

Harry stated silent and continued to drive. I didn't talk to him for the rest of the ride home. Harry is officially dead to me as far as I'm concerned.

Once we reached the house, I got out of the car and slammed the door shut behind me. I walked up to the house and opened the front door. Harry backed out of the driveway and drove off. When I opened the door David and my mother were sitting in the living room. When they heard the door shut they both jumped up and rushed towards me. My mother engulfed me in a strong embrace.

"Anna why would you ever drive off like that! What the hell is wrong with you? You could've killed yourself!" She yelled. David stood there with a concerned look on his face while my mother continued to squeeze me tightly.

"Harry told me about Zayn's accident but, that's no reason for you to drive off like that." My mom stated. I looked at her confused. "Accident?" I said.

My mom looked at me confused. "Yeah, Harry called me from the hospital and said that your friend Zayn got into an accident. Didn't you leave to go check on him?" She said.

Oh, so is that what he told them? Of course, Harry didn't tell them the truth about what happened. Maybe he was too ashamed to tell them how much of a monster he truly was. This was the icing on top of an already shitty cake. I couldn't believe Harry right now.

I decided that I wasn't even going to air him out. The truth will come out eventually. "I know mom, I'm sorry for driving off like that."

She hugged me tighter. "It's okay, sweetie. We'll talk about it later. I'm just glad that you're okay. You can't continue running off like this. Come on, Let's get you upstairs and in the shower."

A/N
Hiya!
I know that I'm probably y'all's least favorite person right now and that's okay. I understand.
A lot has been going on personally in my life that has affected me and my mental health. I'm not going to go into full detail here but I can give you guys an explanation if you want one.

I'm slowly getting back into the groove of things and slowly finding my passion for writing again. Thank you for being patient with me as I figure myself and this book out.

For those of you who haven't deleted this book thank you for sticking with me through the years and following along with my writing. I appreciate it so much. I'm trying to be better and do better for myself and I appreciate the understanding and support.

I'm not perfect but I love writing. I haven't given up on this book or you guys I love you all and thank you for sticking by me. Also if you're new here, hiiii I love you.

Xoxo Anna