Chapter 73: Show Up

Harry pov 

The nurses and doctors started flooding in. Zayn's monitor started going crazy. He banged his head violently against the hospital bed. His eyes rolled to the back of his head, leaving only the whites of his eyeballs visible. I stood there in shock. All of the nurses worked around him. I was moved to the side as more people piled into the room. 

One of the nurses gently guided me out of the room. I couldn't hear anything. It was as if the time moved in slow motion but everything moved so fast. Before I knew it, I was standing outside in the hallway. It was hard to process what had just happened. 

I pulled at my hair and paced around the hallway. I put my back up against the wall and slid down it, to the floor. I curled into a fetal position. I rested with my head in between my legs. There was so much movement around me as people rushed in and out of the room. My head was spinning. 

Zayn would not be here if it weren't for me. why do I ruin everything? If I could just keep my shit together things would be fine. I ruin everyone that I come in contact with. I honestly don't blame Zayn if he wants to never speak to me again. I hated myself for the way things had turned out. Wouldn't it be better if I just disappeared?

It had seemed like a lifetime before a voice appeared in front of me.  

"Excuse me, sir." 

I looked up to see where the voice was coming from. A nurse was standing in front of me. She stood with her hands behind her back and a sympathetic look on her face. 

"Are you here with Zayn Malik?" she asked.

I stood up quickly. The woman became much smaller now that I was at my heights full potential. 

"Is he okay? Can I go in now?" I asked the woman frantically. 

"He's doing fine. We got him back stable. He just had a little seizure. We've got it all under control. Yes, you can go back in and see him now. he's sleeping so he probably won't be awake for another few hours." she explained. 

I was relieved to hear the news. I followed the nurse back to the room. Once we entered I sat back down in the chair, next to the bed. Zayn was now laying in bed peacefully like before. 

I decided that it'd be best not to talk to him this time around. I don't even know if he'll be happy seeing my face when he wakes up. I do know that I was a shitty friend and I deserved whatever treatment he saw fit when he did wake up. 

------

A couple of hours had gone by. The nurses would come in ever so often and check on Zayn. everything was so far so good. I did receive a call from Anna but I decided to ignore it. I know that she's probably losing her mind at home but, selfishly I didn't want to deal with her stress. I already know that I'm a shitty person so, having her here judging me would just be a constant reminder. 

Zayn hadn't woken up yet. I can't say that I'm upset because I know that as soon as he does, we might have to address the conflict between us. I also want him to wake up because I'd at least know that he's okay. 

I grabbed the remote and turned on the small television in the room. I turned the volume down just enough to hear but not loud enough to disturb Zayn's rest. The silence in the room was killing me. The only sound in the room was the heart monitor and Zayn's breathing. A little T.V would help me from losing my mind. I watched some old-time sitcom that I didn't care to know the name of. Anything to break the heavy silence. 

A few minutes later I saw the door open. I had assumed it was a nurse until my assumption was proven wrong by those big brown eyes staring into my soul. To make things worse my father's evil green eye's met mine as well. Anger took over my emotions.