Chapter 17: Getting to know you

I was awoken abruptly by my alarm clock. I quickly rushed out of bed and got dressed. I made my way across the hall to Harry's door and banged on it.

"Harry! Wake up! We've got to go get my phone!"

I didn't hear anything. I banged louder. "Harry, please wake up!" I pleaded.

I felt a hand land on my shoulder making me jump.

"I'm up. Let's go already." Harry said.

I rolled my eyes. He chuckled and followed behind to the door. We got into Harry's car and drive off to the cafe. When we arrived I quickly jump out and rush into the door. I heard Harry call out. "Slow down." I ignored him and rushed up to the counter. I approach a short blond middle-aged woman.

"Excuse me, I left a phone here yesterday. Please tell me that you've seen it?" She shook her head. "I'm sorry dear I haven't."

I sighed. I decided to look in the booth that I was sitting in. I didn't find it. I walk back to the car with my head down and slump into the seat.

"I'm guessing that you didn't find it?" Harry said.

I shook my head.

He placed his hand on mine. "Hey, don't worry about it okay."

I gave him a small smile before looking out the window. He put the car in reverse and we left the cafe. We arrived at school. Harry got out of the car and walked off leaving me by myself.

Okay...?

I at least expected him to give me a hug or at least a wave. I shrugged it off and walked into school. I walk up to my locker and opened it, collecting my things for my next class. My locker closed and I look up to see a pair of familiar blue eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I blurt out before I could stop myself. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that..."

"It's okay. I go to school here. I just moved here last month."He explained.

I nodded. "Wow, that's great!"

He reached into his bag. "Oh! I almost forgot." He pulled out my phone and handed it to me. 

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I was worried that I lost it!"

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's the least I could do for making you run off like that. I'm sorry about whatever I did by the way."

"Oh no, it's fine. I was just...-"

A girl walked up behind Niall, tapping him on the shoulder. "Hey, Niall what took you so long I was waiting for you. I -"

She stopped talking and looked over at me. "Hello." She greeted while smiling. "Niall, who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Anna. Anna this is Kayla." She extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you." She gave me a warm smile which I returned. I took her hand and lightly shook it. "Nice to meet you too."

"Well, I have to go. It was nice running into you, Anna. See you around." He said.

I waved goodbye. "Thanks for keeping my phone," I said. He nodded a walked off with Kayla.

Well, that was nice of Niall. His friend or girlfriend was nice too.

I gathered my books along with my bag and walked to English. I saw Nina coming to approach me.

"Hey, bananas! It's like haven't seen you in forever. Why did you leave the party?" She questioned.

I didn't want to tell her the real reason. So I just made up a lie about how my stomach was hurting. I'm glad that she didn't ask further and let it go.

I finally made it to literature and sat in my usual seat in the back. Mrs. Jones was going on and on about whatever. About classes later it was lunch time. My favorite time of the day besides going home of course. I gathered my lunch from the lunch line. Today was meatball Monday.

Nina decided to go home early so I had no one to sit with. Maybe I could sit at Harry's table. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I looked around to see if I saw Harry. He was sitting at a table full of seniors. I walked over to the table. They all stopped talking and looked at me.

"Ummm c-can I sit down?" I asked.

A blond girl burst out laughing. The same blond I saw all over Harry last week.

"What makes you think that we would let you sit with us?" She scoffed.

"Because Har-"

She looked amused."Harry what?" She looked over at Harry and then back at me. "Harry, you don't actually know this girl do you?"

He looked down. "I've never seen her before."

His words caused my heart to crumble. How could he say that?

"Harry I-"

The blond spoke up. "Umm he obviously doesn't know you so why don't you just leave."

I looked at her then back at Harry. She looked at me as if I was stupid. "That means right now" she snarked. Harry stayed silent and avoided eye contact with me. I threw my plate a rushed into the bathroom.

"What a weirdo." She blonde stated. I could hear faint laughter from the table as I walked out.

My vision became blurry with tears threatening to fall. Once I was in the bathroom I let the tears fall freely. I hid in one of the stalls so that no one could see me.

I hate Harry. How could he do this to me? How could he act like he didn't know me after what happened this weekend?

When he took me to the field he was a totally different Harry. We laughed, played, and talked about everything. Now he acts like he doesn't know me. I hate popular Harry because it's not him. Maybe that's my problem I got attached to someone I didn't even know. Harry's right I don't love him.

I heard the bathroom door creak open. "Hello?" I heard a familiar voice that I didn't want to hear.